Official Nintendo Switch Thread

19 minutes ago, Emo-Iwata said:

The dog is pretty young, I am sure he will settle down in time but yea, I get your point. And, thanks for the link. :)

I didn't know that. Thanks CC

Apply nilgiri oil to the stuff you don't want the dog to chew. :P

Edited by Playstationdude

1 hour ago, Playstationdude said:

Apply nilgiri oil to the stuff you don't want the dog to chew. :P

What's a nilgiri oil? I am afraid i even asked :D

49 minutes ago, coolboyind said:

Atleast his cartridges are safe! :dog:

:fap:

Don't jinx it! :(

4 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Buy digital, you can't chew or swallow digi...

Oh wait, its Nintendo.

Well, it's not that bad anymore though since the games are tied to your account and not the system now. But i better not speak too soon :D 

2 hours ago, krados said:

Need your inputs on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for switch. I'm not into racing games, but had a great time with CTR back in the day. Would you recommend MK8 to someone who plays offline only?

I would recommend Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for Switch. Even if you play offline only, it is still a great co-op game (one of the best on Switch). More importantly, it is a very fun game, even if you play 1 player only. A really great way to pass the time.

Offline, there is no story mode or anything like it. But it has various tournaments, and you get various unlocks based on your performance and certain other parameters. The tracks are really innovative and fun. For example, they will have you driving upside down in some places, underwater in some places, gliding in some places driving inside a castle in some places etc. And many of these elements are mixed in one single race. You also get various powers over the course of races, that can help you or hinder other racers.

There are various game modes as well, which are quite innovative and fun. For example, in Battle mode you will go about bursting balloons and stealing coins from other's carts instead of just racing for example.

I'm like you. I've played very limited online, but it's still a ton of fun. This is a type of game, that is just pop in and play, whenever you want to have fun. It's also a great game for when you have friends you want to co-op with. The game will never get "Completed" and will only be truly over when you finally give up on the game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, krados said:

Need your inputs on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe for switch. I'm not into racing games, but had a great time with CTR back in the day. Would you recommend MK8 to someone who plays offline only?

By offline if you mean you can get few people to play against you then sure its great. If you mean against AI then don't bother, it'll get stale really quickly.

I had this on WiiU but never played online and got bored quickly. On Switch its my second most played game mainly because of multiplayer.

8 minutes ago, krados said:

^^Thanks man. Yea, I meant against the AI. There was a deal, so was thinking about buying it.(bought it actually) Read there are 48 tracks, so it should take sometime before the game gets stale.

One thing to keep in mind, unlike the older games, MK8D comes fully unloacked out of the gate except for vehicle parts.  If you're into this kinda stuff, that might be a deal breaker.

20 hours ago, krados said:

No. Game is not worth it if you want to play alone.

For MK*8Deluxe was the best iteration of Mario Kart, once you do start unlocking the karts try different configurations and find the one that suits your play style. Also definitely give online a chance before Nintendo goes the paid way ....All in all for me, it was more fun than BOTW.

10 hours ago, Emo-Iwata said:

One thing to keep in mind, unlike the older games, MK8D comes fully unloacked out of the gate except for vehicle parts.  If you're into this kinda stuff, that might be a deal breaker.

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

No. Game is not worth it if you want to play alone.

8 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

For MK*8Deluxe was the best iteration of Mario Kart, once you do start unlocking the karts try different configurations and find the one that suits your play style. Also definitely give online a chance before Nintendo goes the paid way ....All in all for me, it was more fun than BOTW.

Thanks guys!!