Official Nintendo Switch Thread

16 hours ago, achilles said:

I love the handheld mode but I can't play for more than an hour without my fingers complaining.

So you can say tis your Achilles' heel? :P

Years of handheld gaming has conditioned me. Especially after the 3ds, The Switch feels a good step up for me.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:47 PM, adity said:

On a serious note, you could try the pro controller. 

In handheld mode? :blink:

On 1/3/2018 at 7:09 PM, Playstationdude said:

Don't play for more than an hour. :P

:chair: 

12 hours ago, Emo-Iwata said:

So you can say tis your Achilles' heel? :P

Years of handheld gaming has conditioned me. Especially after the 3ds, The Switch feels a good step up for me.

Haha, I can pain through it, but it just becomes irritating, when the game is compelling me to go on, and my hands don't obey. Also, it feels heavy when I'm playing while lying down on my back, and I'm not a "weak" boy. 

32 minutes ago, achilles said:

In handheld mode? :blink:

:chair: 

Haha, I can pain through it, but it just becomes irritating, when the game is compelling me to go on, and my hands don't obey. Also, it feels heavy when I'm playing while lying down on my back, and I'm not a "weak" boy. 

Playing while lying on the back gets uncomfortable very quickly and my hands start becoming numb. This is because blood drains out of the veins in your hands because they're above your heart. 

9 hours ago, achilles said:

By lying down you mean leaning againt the wall in bed or your head in the pillow? We need to know, for science!

12 hours ago, Gautam said:

Playing while lying on the back gets uncomfortable very quickly and my hands start becoming numb. This is because blood drains out of the veins in your hands because they're above your heart. 

Yeah, but your muscular system "pumps" the veins. It's really not that much blood, and the finger movements aren't strenuous in their action. It's the ergonomics that are uncomfortable for me. I can use the iPhone or the iPad for hours. The Switch doesn't have weight distributed very well. 

3 hours ago, Emo-Iwata said:

By lying down you mean leaning againt the wall in bed or your head in the pillow? We need to know, for science!

Head on pillow, always head on pillow(s). :P 

Even phone/tablet use is uncomfortable in that position for me. You may not notice with the phone but for one handed use, you might be switching hands unconsciously. 

For the Switch, try this - Put a hardcover book on chest/tummy, prop up the switch with the flimsy kickstand on the book, detach the joycons - one in each hand and game like a boss/potato

3 hours ago, Gautam said:

Even phone/tablet use is uncomfortable in that position for me. You may not notice with the phone but for one handed use, you might be switching hands unconsciously. 

For the Switch, try this - Put a hardcover book on chest/tummy, prop up the switch with the flimsy kickstand on the book, detach the joycons - one in each hand and game like a boss/potato

:lol:

4 hours ago, Gautam said:

Yeah, I tried that, but that just makes me super conscious about not moving or the console will fall. The best workaround I've found is supporting part of the Switch on a neck pillow, the 'U' shaped thing, and play with the joycons attached. I keep on inadvertently pressing R1 though. I don't even remember how many weapons I've thrown in Zelda :P

Guys, where to get tempered glass for Switch. Had ordered a couple from ebay.com two months back but haven't received the package yet and i don't think i will even. As since last 3-4 months i have not received any of the orders(6 to 7) i had placed their. 

Also these Rs. 600-800 temper glasses available on amazon.in and ebay india are they worth it? Or should i try ebay.com or aliexpress again?

And how are these $2-$5 joy con colored silicon grips. Are they comfortable or just for the show. Thinking of ordering them too. 

48 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

Guys, where to get tempered glass for Switch. Had ordered a couple from ebay.com two months back but haven't received the package yet and i don't think i will even. As since last 3-4 months i have not received any of the orders(6 to 7) i had placed their. 

Also these Rs. 600-800 temper glasses available on amazon.in and ebay india are they worth it? Or should i try ebay.com or aliexpress again?

And how are these $2-$5 joy con colored silicon grips. Are they comfortable or just for the show. Thinking of ordering them too. 

I have a spare AMFILM tempered glass. If you want i can send it to you. As for the joycon grips, i have no idea but i feel it's not necessary, and the money can be better spent. Like buying a game or two from eshop :)

• Thanks 1

Donkey Kong Country Freeze coming May 4

Free super mario odyssey update coming February

Ys VIII is coming to Switch this summer

Mario Tennis Aces announced, coming this spring

Hyrule Warriors Definitve Edition announced available spring 2018

Dragon Quest Builders demo out today

Kirby Star Allies releases March 16

Dark Souls Remastered confirmed for Switch

Also Donkey kong dlc coming to Mario + Rabbids 

Edited by Nathan.Drake