Official Nintendo Switch Thread

12 hours ago, roun90 said:

Also always wanted to try TWEWY, but never had a DS 

Loved it on the DS but never finished it. I hope docked mode is implemented well. I wonder how they're gonna do that tho, since it's a touch based game.

Edited by Emo-Iwata

2 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

Is there going to be a Definitive version for Breath Of Wild? I wouldn't be playing now....so just contemplating whether i should buy now or maybe 6 months down the line.

You can buy whenever you want. Nintendo games rarely go on sale/have a price drop. So you will most likely end up paying the same price. Sadly no news on a GOTY edition/Complete Edition yet.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

Is there going to be a newer version/model of the Switch in the coming months?

I personally doubt that it will happen any time soon. It has not even completed a year yet. Plus its the most modular home console yet. If any updates do come they might be for joycons or the dock which could be purchased separately. 

@Nathan.Drake Never underestimate Nintendo's stupidity. Look at the "New" Nintendo 3ds, which adds a c stick, some extra power (maybe) and nothing else. Then they had to promise that exclusive games will only be released over there; for a grand total of 1-2 exclusives. Ya, I'm still peeved I cant play 3ds Xenoblade Chronicles, just because I purchased the 3ds xl some months-1 year too early.

That said, @blitzkreiig even I doubt any revisions for Switch will come any time soon. At any rate, I think no revisions will be announced for at least another 1-2 years, if announced at all.

21 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

Is there going to be a newer version/model of the Switch in the coming months?

11 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

I personally doubt that it will happen any time soon. It has not even completed a year yet. Plus its the most modular home console yet. If any updates do come they might be for joycons or the dock which could be purchased separately. 

45 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@Nathan.Drake Never underestimate Nintendo's stupidity. Look at the "New" Nintendo 3ds, which adds a c stick, some extra power (maybe) and nothing else. Then they had to promise that exclusive games will only be released over there; for a grand total of 1-2 exclusives. Ya, I'm still peeved I cant play 3ds Xenoblade Chronicles, just because I purchased the 3ds xl some months-1 year too early.

That said, @blitzkreiig even I doubt any revisions for Switch will come any time soon. At any rate, I think no revisions will be announced for at least another 1-2 years, if announced at all.

Going by Nintendo's history they like to release a new/updated model roughly every 2 years. This is true since the past 20 years ever since the Game Boy Color was released in 1998. So it's entirely possible something for Switch will be announced next year. Most probably a revision that fixes some issues. 

5 hours ago, roun90 said:

I wont call it stupidity, since the revisions usually sell well, except for the GBA Micro (poor Micro :()

On 2/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, CarbonCore said:

Gonna be pretty expensive month on Switch, Celeste+Bayonetta+Owlboy.

For me as well. Gonna get Celeste + bayo collection + DQBuilders + games I am yet to get like Skyrim and RECollection lol :D

On 2/3/2018 at 5:11 PM, CarbonCore said:

DQ Builders is like 1.2k for PS4 so I'm getting that instead. Switch prices are really out of whack for late ports.

On 2/3/2018 at 6:35 PM, Nathan.Drake said:

Yea the price is a bit disappointing but I am still getting it for the Switch. I thoroughly enjoyed the demo and I can't imagine playing it any other way.

I just wanted a genuine opinion from you guys. 

I have been playing BOTW now for like 25 hours. I have a very conflicting feeling about the game. I know i might be getting flak for my opinion. The game started of pretty well and i enjoyed it a lot. But as the story progressed there are so many things which are getting me frustrated, and even after 25 hours in the game i just have 6 Hearts and 1.25 of Stamina, and i am unable to defeat the boss at Ruta divine beast.

1. To increase the health i need to find 120 shrines (Have found and completed 17 of them ). Whenever i go out in search of the shrines/sheikah towers i am encountering bigger and more dangerous monsters which can kill me with 1 hit. Thus i am unable to increase my health as well as unlock the complete map.

2. now comes the weapons, uptill now it has been very difficult to get a decent weapon. and when u get one even they break pretty easily. So once you reach the next boss fight all your weapons are either damaged or they break up during the fight and i am unable to progress. 

3. The rain and the climbing in the game are so irritating at times, whenever i am about to climb a mountain it will start to rain. May be i am nit picking things, or probably these are the things which are liked by the players more. 

But even after all this, somehow i feel like going back to the game to continue playing it. Some portions of it are so well designed and gameplay/puzzles are amazing which keeps me coming back for more. Maybe my approach on how to play the game is wrong. So wanted to check with you guys how should i approach the game differently?.Should i continue playing it, or should i come back to it later.

Weapon breaking is a slight annoyance but is not game breaking like many reviews mentioned at release. You need to use both bombs and manage your weapon inventory better. I highly suggest practising parries and dodging so that you can ensure you dont get OHK. There are so many ways to engage enemies in this game where you can avoid using weapons. Your bows do high damage when you get crits and also stuns enemies when you do that.

• Thanks 1