Official Nintendo Switch Thread

16 hours ago, Nathan.Drake said:

I just wanted a genuine opinion from you guys. 

I have been playing BOTW now for like 25 hours. I have a very conflicting feeling about the game. I know i might be getting flak for my opinion. The game started of pretty well and i enjoyed it a lot. But as the story progressed there are so many things which are getting me frustrated, and even after 25 hours in the game i just have 6 Hearts and 1.25 of Stamina, and i am unable to defeat the boss at Ruta divine beast.

1. To increase the health i need to find 120 shrines (Have found and completed 17 of them ). Whenever i go out in search of the shrines/sheikah towers i am encountering bigger and more dangerous monsters which can kill me with 1 hit. Thus i am unable to increase my health as well as unlock the complete map.

2. now comes the weapons, uptill now it has been very difficult to get a decent weapon. and when u get one even they break pretty easily. So once you reach the next boss fight all your weapons are either damaged or they break up during the fight and i am unable to progress. 

3. The rain and the climbing in the game are so irritating at times, whenever i am about to climb a mountain it will start to rain. May be i am nit picking things, or probably these are the things which are liked by the players more. 

But even after all this, somehow i feel like going back to the game to continue playing it. Some portions of it are so well designed and gameplay/puzzles are amazing which keeps me coming back for more. Maybe my approach on how to play the game is wrong. So wanted to check with you guys how should i approach the game differently?.Should i continue playing it, or should i come back to it later.

it's not necessary to complete all the shrines. You need only 4 orbs per heart( as you know each shrine gives you an orb. and you can go to the statue in Kakariko village to redeem the orbs). If you are just starting out, try learning some recipes for increasing temporary hearts as well.

For me i am fine with the weapon degradation. I never felt helpless, after the first hour, you get used to it.

I do agree the rain part is annoying. I am fine with the idea. It's just that it rains too much in the game!

• Thanks 1

On 2/5/2018 at 6:31 PM, Nathan.Drake said:

I just wanted a genuine opinion from you guys. 

1. Look for towers and climb on top of them. Each tower generally has direct line of sight with at least one shrine (mostly two) so its easier to find them. Also cook all your food, never eat anything raw. Max out your cooked food inventory. The game is designed around you relying on your food more than your base health alone.

2. Collect Korok seeds, as many as you can to increase weapon slots. Don't bother about increasing bow and shield slots early on. Avoid fighting with enemies that you think has weaker weapon than you. Also use bombs, they work great.

3. Rain sucks, simple as that. If you're stuck, find a shelter, make campfire with wood and flint, and sit next to it to progress time.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KnackChap said:

Metroid by namco Singapore. Not sure what to make of it. 

i'm still optimistic. Even Retro was unproven before they made the Prime games. At least it wont be as bad Team Ninja and Other M.

On a side note, Ridge Racer 8 might be coming exclusively to the Switch. Pretty excited for that.

4 hours ago, Emo-Iwata said:

i'm still optimistic. Even Retro was unproven before they made the Prime games. At least it wont be as bad Team Ninja and Other M.

On a side note, Ridge Racer 8 might be coming exclusively to the Switch. Pretty excited for that.

I think Retro Studios mostly consists of former Rare employees so they're not really unproven.

Honestly, getting Ganon to die was quite easy. I don't think he hit me even once. Kind of anti climactic. Also, I expected to be able to roam free Hyrule after. Why the hell not, Nintendo? 

On the bright side, I'm ready for Bayonetta. Bring. It. On. :gunsmilie:

14 hours ago, bowser said:

I think Retro Studios mostly consists of former Rare employees so they're not really unproven.

I don't think so, you might be getting confused with Free Radical which were made of former Rare devs. Before Nintendo took over Retro, apparently they were in a mess as a developer. Their management was all over the place. They did have former ID members though, if i am not mistaken.

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

Nintendo Switch with Neon Blue and Neon Red Joy-Con https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01MUAGZ49/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_XFuIAbRCWG8ZM

Applicable for Amazon Prime. Is this still an imported unit? And no warranty?

Any Nintendo Switch you see in India is imported only. Nintendo has not launched the console here at all. So you will get no official warranty, regardless of where you buy it from. The maximum you can hope for is retailer's warranty from grey market (if those guys keep have people to travel abroad). BTW the switch is quite a solid console, and should not fail that easily, unless you have bad luck. So you should be able to go for it, even without warranty.

The fact that Switch has stock Tegra X1 chip (not even custom) means once its hacked, there's loads of apps that can be directly ported over from Shield scene. This is in contrast to Wii/WiiU where devs had to build them from ground up. You can get that Wii emulator that only Chinese Shield has directly ported over to Switch.

1 hour ago, CarbonCore said:

The fact that Switch has stock Tegra X1 chip (not even custom) means once its hacked, there's loads of apps that can be directly ported over from Shield scene. This is in contrast to Wii/WiiU where devs had to build them from ground up. You can get that Wii emulator that only Chinese Shield has directly ported over to Switch.

Wasn't it the GameCube emulator? 

• 2 weeks later...