Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Please be cautious as to what you choose, there have been reports of systems getting fried by using third party docks / chargers after 5.0 update. Something about Nintendo not using industry standard USB-C. 

P. S - How come your display names are somewhat similar ?

1 hour ago, blitzkreiig said:

Please be cautious as to what you choose, there have been reports of systems getting fried by using third party docks / chargers after 5.0 update. Something about Nintendo not using industry standard USB-C. 

P. S - How come your display names are somewhat similar ?

Great Minds have similar display names? :lol:

4 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Hahah! Thanks guys. I was skeptical of getting from amazon.com because of voltage difference. But just noticed that it supports input upto 240. So i guess it should be good to go? 

Yup, you may have to use a multiplug as this will have US plug (flat pin. Besides this, you are good to go.

Hi Guys, my joy cons and the console (on the back) are developing some wear and tear marks that too in just 5-6 months. Are you guys too experiencing the same?

Also do any one of you have used dbrand skins or recommend it for the switch to prevent the same or should let it be?

I had bought joy con silicon grips but it's not always comfortable playing with them on.50a1d211c3dc90166f4217fcaa0d5c52.jpg

• 1 year later...

People all over the interwebs making fun of it that it cannot be "Switched" anymore.?

Personally, I would buy one but I have to see that screen in action first. Waiting for reviews! Kind of excited about it. I did see vents in it so maybe it still has a fan inside?

• Like 2

Well it's always good to have options. It's not like they're going to discontinue the regular one or not release a Pro model. For someone who wants to play just 2-3 games or for someone who like to play handheld only, it's great having a smaller form factor and it's cheaper too.

Now if only the Switch games weren't so expensive.

For people who've lived in the US, how does it differ paying 60$ vs 4000 for a game? I've always read the PPP to be around 1:20. So does that mean buying games outside is much easier?

• Like 1

People all over the interwebs making fun of it that it cannot be "Switched" anymore.[emoji2]

Personally, I would buy one but I have to see that screen in action first. Waiting for reviews! Kind of excited about it. I did see vents in it so maybe it still has a fan inside?
Me too... will wait for review. How is the game market for nintendo in india. Do we get cheap games like ps4 close to 2.5k to 3k ? I wanna get in to Nintendo solely for Pokemon [emoji13][emoji13][emoji13].. let me know ur thoughts on this

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Alaxander609 said:

Me too... will wait for review. How is the game market for nintendo in india. Do we get cheap games like ps4 close to 2.5k to 3k ? I wanna get in to Nintendo solely for Pokemon emoji13.pngemoji13.pngemoji13.png.. let me know ur thoughts on this

Nintendo in India ? Heh. Everything is overpriced man. Either e-games or get physical from UK/US/Japan. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alaxander609 said:

Me too... will wait for review. How is the game market for nintendo in india. Do we get cheap games like ps4 close to 2.5k to 3k ? I wanna geternnt in to Nintendo solely for Pokemon emoji13.pngemoji13.pngemoji13.png.. let me know ur thoughts on this

Nintendo is definitely not as popular as Xbox or Playstation in India. There are few gamers who still love lighthearted, fun gaming that only a Nintendo game provides. I like my gaming on both Playstation and Nintendo but both are very different experience. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with open world games so I go back to Good old Mario. :)

AAA Nintendo games launch at 4000 Rupees in India. Perhaps even 5000 Rupees initially. They rarely go down in value for the first year. It would definitely be easy on wallet to get games from US. They don't have sales like Amazon.com, Best Buy, Gamestop in India, not for Nintendo games. The distribution or import of these games does not have a good flow.

If you just want to play Pokemon then definitely get a Switch along with 1 or 2 games. It's a great investment if you enjoy Pokemon. Good replay value.

Edited by Jupiter
  • Like 1

Nintendo is definitely not as popular as Xbox or Playstation in India. There are few gamers who still love lighthearted, fun gaming that only a Nintendo game provides. I like my gaming on both Playstation and Nintendo but both are very different experience. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with open world games so I go back to Good old Mario. [emoji4]

AAA Nintendo games launch at 4000 Rupees in India. Perhaps even 5000 Rupees initially. They rarely go down in value for the first year. It would definitely be easy on wallet to get games from US. They don't have sales like Amazon.com, Best Buy, Gamestop in India, not for Nintendo games. The distribution or import of these games does not have a good flow.

If you just want to play Pokemon then definitely get a Switch along with 1 or 2 games. It's a great investment if you enjoy Pokemon. Good replay value.
I can feel u bro .. I also get overwhelmed by the complex nowerdays ps4 titles. It way too simple n nostalgic with mario n pokemon [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Digital Foundry's take on what might be changing in the Switch Lite model and what we can expect from a possible Pro (if it releases)

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2019-switch-lite-is-coming-but-what-about-switch-pro