Official Nintendo Switch Thread

• 2 weeks later...

An absolutely amazing game. This game deserved every bit of the praise it got. So much content packed - 1 playthrough can last at least 30 hours and IS and Nintendo have ensured that you will do at least 4 unique, completely different play-throughs in just the vanilla game. Along with a promise of more story content to come via DLC/Expansion Pass Later. Amazing gameplay as well that I personally put in tons of hours without even noticing the time. Even my friend, who is new to Nintendo consoles (Switch is his first Nintendo console) and new to the series plays so much that time passes by without noticing. An absolutely amazing game, that forces you to think how to play and progress if you want an ideal playthrough, especially on harder difficulties.

Take a bow Nintendo and Intelligent Systems. You deserve it. One of your finest games, and absolute GOTY quality.

20 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

TBH its mostly Koei Techmo and only handful of IS crew worked in support role. I don't what IS is up to because they haven't made a decent FE game since Awakening, and made two crappy Paper Mario games instead.

Nah I feel it was more of a collaboration. The actual maps, gameplay, character progression, support systems etc. is definitely IS's work. Meanwhile KT seems to have worked on the graphics and character models. So I would say it was an equal collaboration between both. The actual strategic part is far too good to be from a developer who has never made a strategic game before (Not to mention, it has IS's touch in it). In fact, over here, it's far better than almost any Fire Emblem game before (Awakening, Fates, Sacred Stones, Ike's set of games - you name it). Also IS's last graphically intensive game (if you can call it that) on home consoles was a SD game - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on the Wii, so there KT's contribution comes in.

The above is only the feeling I get when playing the game. If you have any source that IS was only a minor partner, and KT developed the game fully, then you might be right. Please do share, it might be an interesting read since I don't have much of a high opinion of KT as I feel they just keep on re-skinning and giving out the same "Warriors/Musou" game again and again, without developing much else.

Edited by roun90

34 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Nah I feel it was more of a collaboration. The actual maps, gameplay, character progression, support systems etc. is definitely IS's work. Meanwhile KT seems to have worked on the graphics and character models. So I would say it was an equal collaboration between both. The actual strategic part is far too good to be from a developer who has never made a strategic game before (Not to mention, it has IS's touch in it). In fact, over here, it's far better than almost any Fire Emblem game before (Awakening, Fates, Sacred Stones, Ike's set of games - you name it). Also IS's last graphically intensive game (if you can call it that) on home consoles was a SD game - Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn on the Wii, so there KT's contribution comes in.

The above is only the feeling I get when playing the game. If you have any source that IS was only a minor partner, and KT developed the game fully, then you might be right. Please do share, it might be an interesting read since I don't have much of a high opinion of KT as I feel they just keep on re-skinning and giving out the same "Warriors/Musou" game again and again, without developing much else.

Quite the opposite actually. Most of the 17 guys from IS did designs stuff.

https://www.dualshockers.com/fire-emblem-three-houses-interview/

Kusakihara: In regards to staffing, Intelligent Systems provided Koei Tecmo with a minimum crew of several designers, a music composer, and an adviser to the programmers – not including myself, of course. We then left Koei Tecmo in charge of basic game development.

Also some of the systems in this game are pulled straight from Romance of Three Kingdoms, so its not like Koei is new to this genre.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  1. Overwatch - Releases October 15 2019
  2. Luigi's Mansion 3 - Every floor seems to have a different theme. Battle mode with 2-8 players - Releases October 31 2019
  3. Super Kirby Clash - Over 100 quests - Local/online/splitscreen Multiplayer - Releases TODAY
  4. Trials of Mana HD Remake - April 24, 2020
  5. Return of Obra Din - Find out what brought the Obra Din to an end by going back in time - Fall 2019
  6. Little Town Hero - Weapons are "Ideas", use townspeople to support you in battle, RPG - Music from Undertale creator Toby Fox - Prepurchase later today
  7. Banjo comes to Smash - TODAY
  8. New Character coming to Smash - Terry from Fatal Fury - November 2019
  9. More fighters outside Fighter Pass in development
  10. Links Awakening - Tiny Link is so god damn cute - September 20th 2019
  11. ** Dragon Quest 11 S** - Lots of additional content - Demo available - September 27 2019
  12. Tokyo Mirage Sessions # FE Encore - FE crossover - 2019
  13. Deadly Premonition 2 - 2020
  14. Deadly Premonition Origin - Out today!
  15. Divinity Original Sin 2 - AVAILABLE TODAY
  16. Doom 64 - November 22 2019
  17. Missed this one -
  18. Pokemon Sword/Shield - Showing off customization - Pokemon Camp - Multiplayer at camps - November 15 2019
  19. Nintendo Switch Online - Adding SNES games - 20 games launching tomorrow 20 . SNES Controller for NSO - $29.99 NSO Members only
  20. Tetris 99 - Free update "Invictus" - Available tomorrow
  21. Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games 2020 - (Missed the date)
  22. Daemon XMachina - Available September 13 2019
  23. Star Wars Jedi Knight 2 Jedi Outcast - September 24th 2019
  24. Witcher 3 - October 2019
  25. Assassin's Creed Rebel Collection - ?? 2019
  26. Dauntless - ???
  27. Montage of games I cant keep up
  28. Animal Crossing New Horizons - Nook Phone Feature shown off - Lots of crafting - 2020
  29. Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition - 2020
Edited by Heaven Angel
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

lol I'm not staying up for a Pokemon Direct with some old ports like AC Rogue and Overwatch thrown in. 

Always best to have this attitude. Not staying up and watching live gives us the best Nintendo Directs and other conferences there are (I'm including myself here of course)

Posting some more individual trailers that Joe missed

Also the Full Direct Video which has much more (Couldn't find individual trailers for those):

Also just to note, after 1 more fighter reveal in Smash, there will be more fighters for Smash Ultimate. But that will require a separate purchase (Separate from the current Fighter Pass). And some of the individual trailers I uploaded above were from individual uploaders. Especially the trailer for Super Kirby Clash (Which was not well cut). That's because no others uploaded them.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Always best to have this attitude. Not staying up and watching live gives us the best Nintendo Directs and other conferences there are (I'm including myself here of course)

Eh, its mostly ports again so glad I didn't stay up for this. I've played Xenoblade twice now on Wii and 3DS, and finished uncensored version of TMS a while ago. And they could've added Mai to Smash but nope, season 1 continues to be a sausage fest. Not even close to their best Direct.

6 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Eh, its mostly ports again so glad I didn't stay up for this. I've played Xenoblade twice now on Wii and 3DS, and finished uncensored version of TMS a while ago. And they could've added Mai to Smash but nope, season 1 continues to be a sausage fest. Not even close to their best Direct.

Not excited for Deadly Premonition 2 or Animal Crossing?