Zelda WW HD

Zelda TP HD

The Wonderful 101

Bayonta 1 and 2

Smash Bros U

Mario Kart 8

Pikmin 3

Captain Toad

Tokyo Mirage Sessions (best Persona game)

Paper Mario Color Splash

Xenoblade X

Super Mario Maker (best 2d Mario till date)

Soon, Zelda BotW

Best Nintendo console I've ever owned (that includes portables). Many of them I actually bought for first time in the series like Pikmin and Smash, so its been a great introductory console.

Bruuuuh you know I like ur taste in gaming. But Wii U has to be my least favorite console ever. Most of the games you listed are either remakes or are veeeery "play it safe " Sequels. Yes they are good but they are nothing new. W101 , Mario maker and Splatoon is the only standouts that i can actually see.

i've only owned Nintendo DS and i freaking loved that thing. The weirdest part of it is i don't like any of the Nintendo first party games. Don't like Mario, Mario kart, pokemon, or for that matter any of their games. Its the Amazing third party games that made it the greatest Nintendo ever. With games like 999,Hotel Dusk, Phoenix Wright,Ghost Detective, Dragon Quest and many other such games are what made it great for me.

The game developers made some amazing use of dual screen +touchscreen without requiring high end specs like PSP.

Unless there are such great variety of games for Switch i doubt it will succeed. Games and low price is what it needs. Specs don't matter.

This is true. WiiU lacked the quirky 3rd party games that usually made the system feel more complete.

Edited by Shadoken

Bruuuuh you know I like ur taste in gaming. But Wii U has to be my least favorite console ever. Most of the games you listed are either remakes or are veeeery "play it safe " Sequels. Yes they are good but they are nothing new. W101 , Mario maker and Splatoon is the only standouts that i can actually see.

What new titles other consoles got? Everyone is playing safe these days for big budget games.

What new titles other consoles got? Everyone is playing safe these days for big budget games.

Go to the PS4 and Xbone thread and ask which has better exclusives/new IPs.

You'll get 2-3 pages of rambling and then your answer in form of a list by the 4th page.

Speaking about new titles, we are finally getting TLG,

its-something-rage-face.jpg

Edited by CM Sunny

Yeah but nobody else is doing it, so why should Nintendo try to do something drastically different with their games? People are going to come out of woodwork and say 'hey its nothing ground breaking, XYZ did it before' so why bother? As it is they not only have a highest rated current gen exclusive, but more high rated first party exclusives than other two combined. So why try something radically different every time and risk going bankrupt?

Other consoles also have many more of the same titles. But there is a wide variety of "Play it safe" titles , and you have titles like Bloodborne where there are enough changes to core gameplay and aesthetics to make it feel like a brand new one ( even though its very similar to souls ). Stuff like SMBU and 3DW were major disappointments for me. They literally played the same mechanically.

Also cmon man Wii U pales in comparison to SNES,N64,GCN. Those consoles had actual revolutionary titles , granted it was a different time and ppl were more risk taking.

Nintendo should for next 2 years support wiiU.....they should bring each and every port of Switch game to WiiU.....i can live with slight graphics difference....asabhi Zelda dekh ke i think specs are almost same or just slight more powerful.

Hum toh sala jitna bhi zelda ka video dekh reha hai....i can't make out WiiU mein chal reha hai ki Switch mein.....

Also cmon man Wii U pales in comparison to SNES,N64,GCN. Those consoles had actual revolutionary titles , granted it was a different time and ppl were more risk taking.

Didn't say WiiU is better than those, just that I didn't have them.

NES->MegaDrive->PS1/2

https://mynintendonews.com/2016/10/24/nintendo-you-shouldnt-assume-what-you-saw-on-the-video-represents-actual-switch-game-footage/

Never change Nintendo :rofl:

Copied from Twitter:

Nintendo bros: "GUYS SO MANY NEW GAMES LET'S MAKE ENDLESS ANALYSIS VIDEOS"

Nintendo: homie those games ain't even real take a seat son

Well I did not knew much about it back then but time to ask how come megadrive use to play Nintendo games...licensing?

Those were fake modded Megadrives they sold here that could run NES games. Just like how if you bought Dreamcast in India local shops will sell it saying you can play PS1 games on it :lol:. But they give you a PS1 emulator disc.

Didn't say WiiU is better than those, just that I didn't have them.

NES->MegaDrive->PS1/2

But you had DS right? DS had such a fking amazing library tho :(

Edited by Shadoken

It never did, unless you had one of those 'special' ones that played hacked rom cartridges like 99 in 1.

yea...i mean those...bc those catridge people used to charge us price of original catridges...i remember my grandma taking me on my birthday to buy a game and paid Rs 1700 for it...that was too much back than talking about early 90s.

Those were fake modded Megadrives they sold here that could run NES games. Just like how if you bought Dreamcast in India local shops will sell it saying you can play PS1 games on it :lol:. But they give you a PS1 emulator disc.

Okay.

Nintendo should for next 2 years support wiiU.....they should bring each and every port of Switch game to WiiU.....i can live with slight graphics difference....asabhi Zelda dekh ke i think specs are almost same or just slight more powerful.

Hum toh sala jitna bhi zelda ka video dekh reha hai....i can't make out WiiU mein chal reha hai ki Switch mein.....

They pulled off games that were in development for WiiU one year ago, and pipelined them into NX development. All hail Ninty!

NX should have been either as powerful/Similar to Wii U and have a lower cost,better battery,portability..etc. OR be comparable to XB1/PS4 with it being bulky,bad battery ..etc

But now it seems like its stuck somewhere in between. So they cant just support WiiU/NX at the same time and no BC for NX. and at the same time they wont get PS4/XB1 ports.

What's worse is that their 3rd party support quest failed massively.

And at this point, when the company has put itself in a situation where it cannot support one of it's own consoles (which is not old in its life cycle), they're pretty bold to go for yet another 'revolutionary' concept. Add to that a tonne of age old issues such as region lock whoppycrap, cocky pricing and so on...

I'm not gonna hold back with my hate, I would be happy if Nintendo fails with its new concept, just so ground Earth feels familiar to them.

So they have already survived a failed console, can they survive if this bombs?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

As long as they continue to make great games and their software revenue continues, they can keep doing it infinitely. They rake in more revenues than most publishers ($4-5 billion/year which is only second to Acti-Blizzard) while keeping lower employee count and operating costs. And they have been reporting profits for last 2 years.The Nintendoom posts are just ignorant ramblings, nothing else.

They should become software company and release their games on other platforms.

Imagine how good Zelda will look on Pro and Scorpio :D

It hurts when game like Zelda looks so underwhelming visually compared to Witcher and all visually.

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

They should become software company and release their games on other platforms.

Imagine how good Zelda will look on Pro and Scorpio :D

It hurts when game like Zelda looks so underwhelming visually compared to Witcher and all visually.

It isn't supposed to look like witcher and i am glad it doesn't. Visual style of zelda is exactly how it should be. Not everything needs to look realistic.

• Like 4