Official Nintendo Switch Thread

2 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

I've been charged 2k customs on a 3k controller this year itself.

@blitzkreiig You got ripped off by your Clearing house agent. As of August 2016, as per the DGFT notification the limit on the CIF value of imported electronic goods was increased from INR 2,000/- to INR 50,000/-

If the CIF value is above INR 50,000/- then Customs Duty is applicable. Import duty on Electronics is 30% import duty + 18% IGST (effective amount paid by importer is 53.4% of CIF Value)

Edit (1) for example below: Edit (2) forgot to add Cess

a) CIF Value INR 100

b) BCD = INR 100 * 30% = INR 30         ----- Cess = INR 30 * 10% = INR 3 

c) Assessable Value = CIF Value + BCD = INR 133

d) IGST = INR 130 * 18% = INR 156.94/-

e) Total BCD + IGST = INR 56.94/-

Edit (4) Refer to the following Notification: https://dgft.gov.in/sites/default/files/NotificationNo. 22(E).pdf  (I do not know how to add a pdf file to the post)

Edited by silica
Edit (1) for example below: Edit (2) Added Cess Edit (3) IGST is compulsory even if duty is exempt

1 hour ago, silica said:

@blitzkreiig You got ripped off by your Clearing house agent. As of August 2016, as per the DGFT notification the limit on the CIF value of imported electronic goods was increased from INR 2,000/- to INR 50,000/-

If the CIF value is above INR 50,000/- then Customs Duty is applicable. Import duty on Electronics is 30% import duty + 18% IGST (effective amount paid by importer is 53.4% of CIF Value)

Edit (1) for example below: 

a) CIF Value INR 100

b) BCD = INR 100 * 30% = INR 30 

c) Assessable Value = CIF Value + BCD = INR 130

d) IGST = INR 130 * 18% = INR 153.4/-

e) Total BCD + IGST = INR 53.4/-

If the limit is 50k why does Amazon US levy customs charges. Even (shopship) Aramex charges 40% customs on electronics.

Also you can't explain rules to India Post personnel, if you don't pay the customs they'll just return the parcel or maybe worse.

16 minutes ago, adity said:

The limit applies only if you are travelling and bringing items with yourself and declaring it.

Import duty applies on every single imported no matter the value. 

Will post the DGFT Notification later, the limit applies if the goods are brought into the country by post(courier) or on your person.

36 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

If the limit is 50k why does Amazon US levy customs charges. Even (shopship) Aramex charges 40% customs on electronics.

Amazon US tends to return the Import Duties they charge at the time of purchase, if no import duty is levied. I've had Amazon refund the import duty amount to me sometimes. Basically, we are getting screwed over by them as they primarily rely on the majority of their customers not having any knowledge of customs law.

21 minutes ago, adity said:

Also you can't explain rules to India Post personnel, if you don't pay the customs they'll just return the parcel or maybe worse.

That is the sad truth. Many government officials themselves do not know the law and they tend to be arrogant if you explain it to them. I've been lucky as I can sic my company lawyers at them, and save myself the headache of speaking with them.

3 minutes ago, adity said:

You can post but afaik these limits don't apply for commercial transfers. 

It applies as long as the goods imported are not intended for sale in India. No government personnel will help any person or company pay lower tax rate, even if the person or company is legally entitled to the lower tax rate

37 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

Does it matter which region Switch Online i buy? I mean if i buy say from Argentina or Canada will it work on other countries' profiles as well?

Doesn't matter. It will always show up in your download section and in your library irrespective of regions.

Does anyone own the new switch lite? Need some feedback on it. 

How better or bad is it from the regular switch in quality of the hardware. I already know that the battery life is not that great compared to the revised version of the regular switch but how much does it matter?

23 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Does anyone own the new switch lite? Need some feedback on it. 

How better or bad is it from the regular switch in quality of the hardware. I already know that the battery life is not that great compared to the revised version of the regular switch but how much does it matter?

@CarbonCore

Congrats on the lite! Maybe help this dude with your inputs if you can.

Edit: Never mind. I see you are already helping in another thread.

Edited by Jupiter
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, blitzkreiig said:

Does it matter which region Switch Online i buy? I mean if i buy say from Argentina or Canada will it work on other countries' profiles as well?

Nah. But how will you buy from Argentina ? No cards work there. 

Hello,

I have almost no clue about the Switch... Today, i saw it at a store, and happened to play a bit of mario on it. It made me happy and i had fun playing and i want to buy one (hopefully by end of this week).

1. Switch vs Switch lite? 

2. What are the games to get?

3. Any black friday deal in US?

4. What memory Card should i buy and what capacity? 

5. I am guessing i would like to mostly buy digital games. Are they discounted for older games?

2 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

1. Switch v2

2. MK8, BOTW...Most first party Nintendo ones.

4. 256 Gb.

5. Seldom 

Thank you so much for replying. 

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/1?psb=1&q=Nintendo+Switch+32GB+Console+w/+Neon+Blue+%26+Neon+Red+Joy+Con%2B+Crash+Team+Racing+Nitro+Fueled%2BNintendo+Switch+Online+Family+Membership+12+Month+Code&prds=epd:9819878208213246614,pid:9819878208213246614,prmr:3

How is this deal?

What accessories would you suggest?

Also, any that i should get if I want to take it with me on a flight and play it as a handheld...