Official Nintendo Switch Thread

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Where do you guys buy eshop cards? looking to buy something.

No need, most international credit/debit cards work directly on eShop, just use any fake local address. But if you want some eShop cards you can buy them from Amazon US same way as PSN cards.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

No need, most international credit/debit cards work directly on eShop, just use any fake local address. But if you want some eShop cards you can buy them from Amazon US same way as PSN cards.

Not a single one is available on Amazon.com hence i asked. Will use CC and check.

I maybe able to get the switch from a relative coming from Australia, but i want to know is that which digital store offers the best discount for switch games either on holiday sales or random sales, mario kart 8 deluxe is still going for 4k+ here on our many online retailers, so that is why i want to get a switch of a region who's digital store is cost efficient, is it the US switch only ? I inquired but my relative said US switch is not available in Australia at shops like EBGames, target etc.

Here the new switch costs 29k which i feel is too much for it, at max I'll pay around the Rs.22k US price.

Also should i wait for the much rumored Switch pro, frankly i don't like the dull 720p screen i checked it out at a friend who had pokemon let's go. Nintendo always does this crap releasing a superior version of the console a few good years later, and late buyers like me have a tough call. I  also hate those ugly bezels.

But what i do love are the games mario kart, super smash, zelda, xenoblade etc damn nintendo does make life hard :(

14 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

I maybe able to get the switch from a relative coming from Australia, but i want to know is that which digital store offers the best discount for switch games either on holiday sales or random sales, mario kart 8 deluxe is still going for 4k+ here on our many online retailers, so that is why i want to get a switch of a region who's digital store is cost efficient, is it the US switch only ? I inquired but my relative said US switch is not available in Australia at shops like EBGames, target etc.

Here the new switch costs 29k which i feel is too much for it, at max I'll pay around the Rs.22k US price.

Also should i wait for the much rumored Switch pro, frankly i don't like the dull 720p screen i checked it out at a friend who had pokemon let's go. Nintendo always does this crap releasing a superior version of the console a few good years later, and late buyers like me have a tough call. I  also hate those ugly bezels.

But what i do love are the games mario kart, super smash, zelda, xenoblade etc damn nintendo does make life hard :(

If you don't want to shell out so much for the Switch now, get the Lite for around 14k in the grey-market. Sell this off for half the price and get the pro version if/once it releases. The lite screen is smaller and the 720p res will look sharper on the smaller screen. Win-win if you ask me.

Edited by l33tmaniac

On 12/31/2019 at 1:01 AM, NitroNeo said:

The new Switch is around 23.5k in the grey market, for your reference.

The V1 version is 21k.

On 12/31/2019 at 1:01 AM, NitroNeo said:

You can get your switch from anywhere you like as it isn't region locked like the Wii U is. You can make multiple accounts on it like one for US, one for EU etc. This way you can access eshop from all regions. As for first party titles, they were on discount digitally during Black Friday and Christmas. Physical you won't get any discounts atleast in our country as Nintendo doesn't exist here officially.

If you hate 720p screen you shouldn't even go for the Lite. As for the pro, i don't expect to see it until 2021. It received a revision just last year.People are assuming they will be using Xavier Chip for the Pro but that isn't a cheap CPU. It'll increase the cost of the console as well. You should also know, there is a history with Nintendo. They have never made powerful consoles. Their next version is going to be less powerful than PS5 and Xbox Series X.

So i can make any region account on switch nice.

But can i play any region dlc on an Australian switch? I will mostly make a US account on switch. Do i need a US address for it like on Playstation?

Also i know switch will never compete on hw power with Microsoft and sony but i at least expect a 1080p screen. 1080p is even outdated on phones and idk why nintendo is hell bent on using a 2007 720p technology.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

idk why nintendo is hell bent on using a 2007 720p technology.

If you didn't ask a rhetorical questions then I'll shed some light to it.

One of the core beliefs of Nintendo is to use cheap and existing technology to develop its systems. This directly helps them to keep their end product costs as low as possible. They also believe that if they use slightly older technology, it will help them avoid technological hiccups such as supply and quality of the components. Nintendo products will never be able to compete with Sony or MS in terms of power.

42 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

So i can make any region account on switch nice.

But can i play any region dlc on an Australian switch? I will mostly make a US account on switch. Do i need a US address for it like on Playstation?

DLCs are region locked. So say you buy a digital game from Aus eshop buy the dlc from the same eshop. Applies for all regions. Say you bought a physical game from Aus, make an aus eshop account and download dlc from there. i have a EU n US account on my switch. If i order game from Europe and if it contains DLC i download it from my EU account.

Though you need to make an account with that region's address. You can use any legit address they don't verify so you don't have to worry. 

If you didn't ask a rhetorical questions then I'll shed some light to it.

One of the core beliefs of Nintendo is to use cheap and existing technology to develop its systems. This directly helps them to keep their end product costs as low as possible. They also believe that if they use slightly older technology, it will help them avoid technological hiccups such as supply and quality of the components. Nintendo products will never be able to compete with Sony or MS in terms of power.
I was just checking deals on Australian sites like ebgames an xbox 1x was selling for AUD$470 while the switch was going for AUD$460. No discount and still inferior hardware. Even VITA had a better screen. Nintendo is just going by the generation flow of screen res. Like 8bit 16but 32bit and so on.

720p is inexcusable in 2020. Last year they should have given us that 1080p screen.

I am falling behind here but ju is t can't pull the trigger on the purchase the colors looked so dull on my friend's OG switch i loved my PSP more than that.

Damn i wish nintendo would just cater the demanding crowd.

They Could easily put a 1080p screen but you are only seeing one aspect of it. What about processor and battery?

If they use a more powerful processor to support that 1080p screen then how long will the battery last? Switch already had a very low battery backup till they optimized the processor on the revision to have better battery life.

A Switch still provides a 1080p output to the TV set. I think 720p screen is just fine to keep that right balance of portability and battery backup.

I used to play my Nintendo DS Lite for 12-18 hours before I recharged it again.

Edit: Also, Nintendo has its own audience. I often switch back from PS4 to Switch when I want to play something light-hearted, not too stressful. (no pun intended). If you are not able to justify the purchase then perhaps Nintendo games are not for you.

Edited by Jupiter

Getting anything from Australia is going to cost you a lot. It's slightly expensive compared to other regions.

Since you are saying that you did not like how the games looked on the switch you shouldn't go for it. But there is more to it than just how the games look.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:57 PM, NitroNeo said:

I was just checking deals on Australian sites like ebgames an xbox 1x was selling for AUD$470 while the switch was going for AUD$460. No discount and still inferior hardware. Even VITA had a better screen. Nintendo is just going by the generation flow of screen res. Like 8bit 16but 32bit and so on.

720p is inexcusable in 2020. Last year they should have given us that 1080p screen.

I am falling behind here but ju is t can't pull the trigger on the purchase the colors looked so dull on my friend's OG switch i loved my PSP more than that.

Damn i wish nintendo would just cater the demanding crowd.

All you want is Switch Switch Switch,

But all you really do is Bitch Bitch Bitch !

:exoticdance:

Spoiler

That's the start and end of my rhyming career. 

• Haha 8