Official Nintendo Switch Thread

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

All you want is Switch Switch Switch,

But all you really do is Bitch Bitch Bitch !

:exoticdance:

Reveal hidden contents

That's the start and end of my rhyming career. 

Mujhe mere paiso ko faltu mai nahi karna Ditch Ditch Ditch !

This should go without saying and should work but gonna ask anyway,

Will a nintendo pro controller purchased from australia work properly on a US switch unit [planning on purchasing when this switch pro releases]. These are two different region products already and i will be using a converter to use the charger that comes with the switch.

You'd say why are you buying it now well,

a] Amazon US has it for $55 but it is not delivering this particular item to my location, even though it's sold by and shipped by amazon . com
b] Amazon india has it for Rs.10k and discounted to Rs.7k that is just too much

So considering it uses a CTR-03 battery it will stay good right if i don't charge it for the foreseeable future till i get the switch ? Can i use a power bank and USB cable to charge it without any damage. Do you have to keep replacing this battery after a few years, because i never had to change my Dualshock 3 or 4 batteries till now ever, i feel like since they are usb charged they will last for a long time, is the pro controller the same longevity wise ?

Firstly, there is no concrete proof that "Switch Pro" is releasing this year. It's only been 3 years in its cycle and has already got somewhat of a hardware revision last year. Bluetooth accessories aren't region locked. If you don't intend to use the controller at all, why do you even want to buy it. It's not like it is gonna go out of stock in future. Unless you are planning to use it on PC. What if they launch new pro controller with the "Switch Pro".

Still no clue as to what you are trying to achieve. Feels like you have money lying around but do not know what to spend it on. Checking out current trending item but unsure to spend on it. You are in dilemma all the way.

4 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Firstly, there is no concrete proof that "Switch Pro" is releasing this year. It's only been 3 years in its cycle and has already got somewhat of a hardware revision last year. Bluetooth accessories aren't region locked. If you don't intend to use the controller at all, why do you even want to buy it. It's not like it is gonna go out of stock in future. Unless you are planning to use it on PC. What if they launch new pro controller with the "Switch Pro".

Still no clue as to what you are trying to achieve. Feels like you have money lying around but do not know what to spend it on. Checking out current trending item but unsure to spend on it. You are in dilemma all the way.

I never said that, i always like playing with controllers so i am going to get a controller. Secondly i have gamed for 25 years of my life and don't give a crap about currently trending sh*t. Before making assumptions and targeting someone you should think wisely. This is a public forum that works on a question answer basis. It does not work on formulating opinions about someone and answering accordingly.

Also if you want sources here are 3 articles released today,

https://www.gamesradar.com/switch-pro-4k-analyst-prediction/

https://www.techspot.com/news/83389-analyst-4k-capable-nintendo-switch-pro-arrive-year.html

https://hypebeast.com/2020/1/nintendo-switch-pro-predicted-rumored-2020

Here is a Video about the Red dead 2 having some switch controller design found in game

And finally here is a proper discussion that is a no brainier that Nintendo will release a switch pro this year, they have hired system architects and UI Designers for it, obviously they wouldn't want to lose out to PS5 and Xbox Series X during holiday 2020 sales.

So do forbid yourself from making personal attacks next time.

Lol..chill out dude.

Most of us go through that feeling many times. You don't get that feeling fine. Nobody is getting personal here. 

As you already mentioned the concerns about controller's battery. That would mean you might have a plan of not using it for forseeable future.The rumors were present last year and they have again returned this year. There are lot of things to consider before we assume a new SKU is coming. (i was expecting a bunch of videos to be thrown at me ;)

As for how many years you have been gaming, i have no clue as to what has that got to be do with anything but good for you.

In Short, you be the better judge of things. Get the controller, use it, its region free. My Wii U pro controller still works even after not charging for long time so switch pro controller should be fine since they use same battery type.

@NitroNeo Switch Pro will never compete with the PS4 Pro or the Xbox One X. You have to look at Nintendo's behavior since the past 2 generations. Nintendo never goes for power, like at all. They just go their own way. And they also don't care much about 3rd parties high graphic games. Rather, they welcome more innovative games. So if you like Nintendo first party exclusives highly creative games with brilliant gameplay and/or story (Super Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild, Fire Emblem Three Houses etc.) or 3rd party games with highly creative gameplay and/or story (Phoenix Wright Series, professor Layton series, Rune factory series, Shin Megami Tensei series etc.) - only then go for the switch. If you are going to look at graphics and/or resolution - don't bother with Nintendo consoles, as they are definitely not for you. I would not even recommend games like the Witcher 3 or L.A. Noire on Switch, even though those games are there for the system. PC/PS4/X1 is more than enough for it andboth looks and performance are better over there.

There is a reason that all the "Normal" 3rd party games (Those released on PS consoles/PC etc.) sell absolutely miserably on Nintendo consoles, but their creative 1st and 3rd party games sell multi-million copies. I would not even be surprised to find Pokemon and Zelda has easily outsold GTA and RDR, so huge is the market for those games. 

Also, most probably, even if Switch Pro released, it would not be a huge upgrade over the base Switch. The most would be some minor visual and/or fps improvement. I expect the most important feature to be the battery improvement. Nintendo first priority is to it's handheld always. And anyway, the Switch does do brilliant 1080p on Docked (TV mode), and 720p is more than enough for handheld mode. It looks absolutely brilliant, and is a such a sweet spot that you don't have to keep on recharging and the console does not become hot (Huge Problems when you are playing on 1080p+ screens on mobile)

As far as that RDR2 video is concerned, I will immediately say it's fake, and never going to happen. All said and done, remember that Nintendo games are still on cartridge. And RDR2 takes up an entire Blu-Ray (Plus more if you add patches). So don't expect it at all. They are not going to (and cannot add even if they want to) Blu Ray support to Switch Pro.

Edited by roun90

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

@NitroNeo

Also, most probably, even if Switch Pro released, it would not be a huge upgrade over the base Switch. The most would be some minor visual and/or fps improvement. I expect the most important feature to be the battery improvement. Nintendo first priority is to it's handheld always. And anyway, the Switch does do brilliant 1080p on Docked (TV mode), and 720p is more than enough for handheld mode. It looks absolutely brilliant, and is a such a sweet spot that you don't have to keep on recharging and the console does not become hot (Huge Problems when you are playing on 1080p+ screens on mobile)

I have the PS4 Pro and X1X for games like RDR2. That is no concern.

This point you mentioned is what i am expecting nintendo to do, A decent PS4 --> PS4 Pro kind of jump, that will give a good handheld 1080p screen with fluid vivid colors, i have seen that 720p up close man a couple of times with some pokemon players i know and the colors seem dull, they don't even pop a bit, again i guess it's a personal preference, but definitely made me hold up for a switch mid gen update.

They did improve the battery very well with the HAC-001(-01). All that is left is the screen and a slightly updated processor. If you guys think i downright want a switch 2 then you have mistaken, i know it's too early and nintendo shouldn't do it. But i am waiting for that 3DS to 3DS XL kind of leap, the bezels on the switch are too much for a new buyer, please do understand that, i am not hating on your purchase but, i can't stand them, those are too big, at least shrink them a inch.

That is the stuff i want from a pro, again not the total new console you guys thought i was expecting.

@NitroNeo Switch Pro has no official announcements, and everything is pure speculation at this point. So if it comes, I would expect it sometime in 2021. If you don't like the Bezel though, I don't see how the Switch Pro is going to change your opinion. Switch is not a touchscreen console. The joycon buttons are required to play the games, and the Pro will not remove those Joycons, and I'm 99% sure they are not going to make it a TV only console. They also cannot make it a flip console (Like 3ds - which could have improved bezels) because the console needs the docked mode. They might make the screen bigger/wider, but that's about it.

For reference, The new 3DS increased the RAM, added some extra buttons (C Stick and new ZL and ZR buttons - which hardly any games used and a slightly larger screen for a higher price). But then, the New 3DS was launched in 2015, and in 2016 Switch was announced, with release on 2017. So if they follow that trend Switch Pro will be announced on 2020/2021 (release on 2021) and Switch 2 releases on 2022/2023 - so you might want to wait for that? Plus don't expect drastic performance upgrade or exclusives, because the last time Nintendo did that - it was not well received.

Hardcore Nintendo fans, when such things happen, tend to sell their original console to buy the mid-range upgrade. And they will buy the sequel console, many times without even selling the mid-range console they brought 1 year back. I personally won't do that as I'm not a hardcore fan, and am still happy with the Switch.

But then, if you're set on Pro why even have so many doubts now? Wait for the official announcements and then take your call.

Edited by roun90

Ah yes sources sources

IGN - Reports suggest a Nintendo Switch "Pro" model could be released by mid-2020.

https://in.ign.com/nintendo-nx-1/143430/news/nintendo-switch-pro-may-be-released-in-2020-report

A move nintendo had to make with the existance of this thingamajig

https://www.ign.com/videos/2020/01/06/alienware-unveils-concept-ufo-a-switch-like-handheld-pc?sf115495591=1

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sach4life said:

Sega, Nintendo and Sony?

Sega was kinda dying anyways that time. Nintendo was working with Sony which failed. Philips entered and worsened it even further for Ninty.

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

Sega was kinda dying anyways that time. Nintendo was working with Sony which failed. Philips entered and worsened it even further for Ninty.

Sega wasn't really dying at that time. I was talking about Saturn, PS1 and N64. All 3 were present in the market at the same time. Saturn didn't succeed and was one of the reasons for Sega for exiting the hardware business, but that is not the point.

2 hours ago, adity said:

Nintendo isn't competing with ps4 or xbox anyways. Switch enjoys a reputation where people owning other gaming systems are also compelled to buy it on account of its unique exclusives and form factor. 

Nintendo keeps doing their own thing and MS pretending to not care about HW sales anymore since their HW keeps flopping outside of two countries, so its actually the first time that no one is competing with no one.

1 minute ago, Agent 47 said:

To whoever owns Pokemon Sword or Shield, do you think its worth full price?

Got Pokemon Shield. It's definitely fun and I don't regret paying full price for it. Definitely go for it, unless you have some other good Nintendo exclusive in mind, that you are conflicted between - some of which are better than Pokemon (Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild etc.)

1) Really loved the 3D World and Pokemon is as fun as ever. Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing is also absolutely fun, and loved the tournament vibes of having a tournament.

2) They also removed the traditional victory road/Elite Four and replaced it with something which (IMO) is better

3) Unless you are really attached to some really old pokemon (which you generally get only by transferring from the old games and not obtainable in-game) - the removal of the old Pokedex should not affect you

4) It's Nintendo - Your only choice is full price or nothing. Not even Pokemon Let's Go, or heck their launch games like Zelda BOTW or Super Mario Odyssey have got any discounts. And sales of Nintendo games are really rare, that you're lucky if they hold it and you are able to catch it.

So yup, it's worth it if you like Pokemon games and do not have any other Nintendo game you are hoping to get

1 minute ago, roun90 said:

Got Pokemon Shield. It's definitely fun and I don't regret paying full price for it. Definitely go for it, unless you have some other good Nintendo exclusive in mind, that you are conflicted between - some of which are better than Pokemon (Fire Emblem Three Houses, Mario Odyssey, Breath of the Wild etc.)

1) Really loved the 3D World and Pokemon is as fun as ever. Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing is also absolutely fun, and loved the tournament vibes of having a tournament.

2) They also removed the traditional victory road/Elite Four and replaced it with something which (IMO) is better

3) Unless you are really attached to some really old pokemon (which you generally get only by transferring from the old games and not obtainable in-game) - the removal of the old Pokedex should not affect you

4) It's Nintendo - Your only choice is full price or nothing. Not even Pokemon Let's Go, or heck their launch games like Zelda BOTW or Super Mario Odyssey have got any discounts. And sales of Nintendo games are really rare, that you're lucky if they hold it and you are able to catch it.

So yup, it's worth it if you like Pokemon games and do not have any other Nintendo game you are hoping to get

I just finished odyssey and was looking for the next game. Couple of options i looked at starting with Luigi's Mansion 3, BoTW, FE and DQ XI. Then after yesterday's Pokemon Direct i started looking at SWSH as well. The last pokemon i played was X so it has been a long time.

Games like Luigi's mansion or odyssey is like once you finish them there is nothing much to do in them. So was looking for something more of a long term play value. BoTW is something i have bit of a concern about cause all my life have been playing much linear zelda games so going open world is something i'm not able to adjust to. I know its a great game and must have but i don't know if i want it right away.

As for older pokemons, i was kinda upset in the beginning then i brushed it off. Though, 200 odd pokemons are being added to the game (free of charge, if i assume it correctly) regardless you own the expansion pass (coming in June) or not which costs $30.As for sales, nintendo has been putting their first party titles on sales many times especially last christmas and black friday. Even at the moment MK 8 deluxe is on sale. But i'm not a big fan of Digital Games and there i don't have any option of getting discounts. I would like a preowned copy but i doubt anyone would sell it.

Since you own shield, you can probably answer this.

Apart from the exclusive pokemons for the individual versions, Does shield have any advantage over sword or vice-versa like good gym leaders etc. As for pokemons, i know they can be traded so that ain't an issue.

@Agent 47

First your question regarding Sword and Shield -

This is the first time that there are exclusive gyms based on versions. Shield has the Ghost Gym and the Ice Gym exclusive to it. Sword has the Fighting Gym and the Rock Gym exclusive to it. Personally, I liked the Shield gyms more - because they match the vibes of the towns they are situated in much better, plus I liked  the gym leaders themselves - their Pokemon and their personalities. And the Shield exclusive ones were just awesome. Unlike the previous Pokemon Games, Gym leaders also appear after the events of their Gym (Can't tell where without Spoilers), so having those gym leaders (Personally for me at least) felt better.

Another point why I chose Shield - Most people always go for the first name (Red, Gold, X, Sun, Ultra-Sun etc.) and the people who go for the 2nd name (Blue, Silver, Y, Moon, Ultra-Moon etc.) is much lesser. So you will have far more people willing to trade away the Sword exclusives than the Shield exclusives. Note that you will need the Nintendo Online Subscription to trade.

The Box legendary of Sword is Offense focused, while the Box Legendary of Shield is defence focused. The Shield Legendary becomes a literal tank, but it takes a while to get there. Meanwhile, the Sword Legendary can hit hard right from the beginning - so people prefer the Sword Legendary more

But the exclusive Pokemon of Shield (Other than the Legendary) is far better than that of Sword. Galarian Ponyta and Rapidash (Shield Exclusive Line) is far better than Galarian Far'fetched and Sir'fetched (Sword line) plus shield has the Larvitar Line (Tyranitar final evolution) which is great

Second Regarding the Nintendo Games -

If you are looking at all games, and are not interested in Mario Odyssey or Zelda - I would consider Fire Emblem: Three Houses first. That game has an awesome story (Unlike Pokemon) and completing one path of the Story will take around 40 hours on average. There are 3 paths (which means 3 playthroughs) - so on average you are looking at 100+ hours. Also note that beyond the introduction, each of the three paths (Why it's called Three Houses) has a different story, different bosses, different units you can use, different sound tracks and different cutscenes + different anime cutscenes (Would also like to say different maps, but some - not all - of the maps are reused, so can't say this 100%). The gameplay is turn-based strategic, but if you like that - this game is an absolute must-play.

Dragon Quest XI is another game that I absolutely loved. I played it on Steam last 2 years ago (94 hours played according to Steam as of Oct 2018). But the fact that it's on Steam means you can get it for cheaper. Plus it gets 60 fps on PC, which makes it better than console versions (Definitely better than PS4/X1; I would say better than Switch also because 60 fps makes it a joy to play despite not having Switch extras). Also, the game is meant to be relaxing and a slow-burn (With a relaxing, but cliche story, relaxing soundtrack, gameplay etc.) So I would suggest you get it later down the line

Zelda:BoTW is an open-world a bit like Skyrim. You can go anywhere you want and do anything you want. The game offers you that kind of freedom. You can also see the last boss shortly after the intro and you can go there in the beginning and try out your hand at it (Though you are 99% sure to fail). Other than that, the game has puzzles (Tower puzzles which give you health/equipment/powers etc.) powers you can use against enemies or to solve puzzles (like freezing for example) and combat plus a very soothing OST. It's also a game you play when you want to relax and set your own goals, instead of the game telling you what to do. Oh and in this Zelda game weapons (Other than Master Sword) have durability, which I did not like - because you have to save your powerful equipment for hard enemies otherwise it will break (and you cannot repair it). Other than that, you also have things like cooking, having clothes and armor with different effects (Like you need heat resistant armor before going near a volcano/hot mountain etc.) horse riding and gliding. Overall, a chill game for when you want to just relax.

Edited by roun90