Official Nintendo Switch Thread

@roun90

Fire emblem is one of my favorite franchise and i've played previous games so i'll feel right at home with it. That is something i'll look forward to. I also forgot there is Animal Crossing releasing in march. Been waiting for it for a long time. 

Getting back to SWSH, i did some read up just now. You are right that the locations do match the gyms that are in shield. I've also heard Zacian is broken from the beginning cause of very high stats. Yes, i do know trading require online subscription. But are galarian ponyta or farfetch'd tradeable or they remain exclusive?

Edited by Agent 47

29 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

@roun90

Fire emblem is one of my favorite franchise and i've played previous games so i'll feel right at home with it. That is something i'll look forward to. I also forgot there is Animal Crossing releasing in march. Been waiting for it for a long time. 

Getting back to SWSH, i did some read up just now. You are right that the locations do match the gyms that are in shield. I've also heard Zacian is broken from the beginning cause of very high stats. Yes, i do know trading require online subscription. But are galarian ponyta or farfetch'd tradeable or they remain exclusive?

All are tradeable (Just like in all Pokemon games). But, from my experience, in Shield - you will find absolutely no NPC trainer use Far'fetched/Sir'fetched until post-game. Meanwhile, plenty use Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash. I would assume that the opposite will be true in Sword. This kinda makes it feel (to me at least) that Far'fetched/Sir'fetched does not exist in Galar at all (In shield).

So yup, ultimately it's up to your preference.

Oh yeah - there's also that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Game announced yesterday releasing in March if you're interested

2 minutes ago, roun90 said:

All are tradeable (Just like in all Pokemon games). But, from my experience, in Shield - you will find absolutely no NPC trainer use Far'fetched/Sir'fetched until post-game. Meanwhile, plenty use Galarian Ponyta/Rapidash. I would assume that the opposite will be true in Sword. This kinda makes it feel (to me at least) that Far'fetched/Sir'fetched does not exist in Galar at all (In shield).

So yup, ultimately it's up to your preference.

Oh yeah - there's also that Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Game announced yesterday releasing in March if you're interested

Never been a fan of that spin off series. Demo is available on eshop. Will try and see. Its a remake of the old rescue team.

Does Mario Kart 8 offer anything special on the Switch compared to the Wii U? i have the Wii U version and have played it entirely. The game is on sale at the moment in eshop hence wanted to know.

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

Does Mario Kart 8 offer anything special on the Switch compared to the Wii U? i have the Wii U version and have played it entirely. The game is on sale at the moment in eshop hence wanted to know.

From Nintendo's page regarding the differences between Switch version and Wii U Version -

The Nintendo Switch version has all of the features that the Wii U version has, plus the following:

1) Revamped Battle mode with new courses, complete with rules like Balloon Battle and Bob-omb Blast. New Battle mode courses include Urchin Underpass and Battle Stadium, plus returning ones like  GCN Luigi's Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1.

2) Choose from new characters, such as Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy from Splatoon, King Boo, Dry Bones, or Bowser Jr., and customize new vehicles.

3) Two items can now be carried at once, and more items have been added, including returning favorites such as Boo, the item-stealing ghost, and the Feather, which gives you a high jump in Battle mode.

4) Play your friends in local wireless multiplayer with up to 8 players.

5) Play in TV mode in up to 1080p.

6) Enjoy home-console-quality Mario Kart action anytime, anywhere with handheld mode.

7) New optional Smart Steering feature makes it easier for kids and novice players to stay on the track, even at 200cc.

8) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is compatible with all of the same amiibo, plus Animal Crossing and Splatoon amiibo.

9) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe includes all the DLC from the Wii U version of Mario Kart 8, including Mercedes karts.

Sourcehttps://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22713/~/what-is-the-difference-between-the-wii-u-and-nintendo-switch-versions-(mario

Also IGN has a very detailed article on what is added and what is different in the Switch Version here:

https://www.ign.com/wikis/mario-kart-8/Switch_Version_Changes#New_Features.C2.A0and_Changes

So did you get Pokemon in the end?

Edited by roun90

39 minutes ago, GeraltOfRivia said:

DMC3 always has been the best even without the style change feature. DMC5 was great but not DMC3 level great.

I mean yeah, now its the de facto best version because the other games lost their trump card. I replayed the game mostly with Swordmaster and Gunslinger, but now finally I can do Royal Guard and Doppleganger.