Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Have a look at the Switch library, if it appeals to you then get the Version 2 Switch. Availability might be an issue though. It's sold out everywhere - US, Japan, Australia everywhere, because of the lockdown but the grey market might have it. Price for the version 1 models went as low as 20.5k during sales but now it's not even available online. Most first party Nintendo games you can get around 3k (used) on the forum...or you could go digital & look for sales.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

I have no idea on what they cost, but am also worried about the cost of games and the drift issue

Like a guy said above you can use South African webshop to buy games.

idk if you would sell the physical games if you got them.

btw electronics prices may be a little bit, so hold off your purchase for a while

idk about switch but pc components cost 1.5k-3k more, on Amazon the PS4 games are suddenly selling at MRP, even though they have sales usually all the time

3 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

@Snake:

???

Su..naku...

???

SNAAAAAAAKE!!!!!

QOPFxzw.gif

Its not like Snake never appeared on a Nintendo console

6 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I bought mine around Dec 19- jan 20 for 21.5k (version 1 without the extended battery )

Games are f**king expensiv, new ones cost around 3700-3900, yoy can buy ised between 3k-3.5k. Availability of new is good.

Drift issue comes for some people but not for everyone.

5 hours ago, blitzkreiig said:

Have a look at the Switch library, if it appeals to you then get the Version 2 Switch. Availability might be an issue though. It's sold out everywhere - US, Japan, Australia everywhere, because of the lockdown but the grey market might have it. Price for the version 1 models went as low as 20.5k during sales but now it's not even available online. Most first party Nintendo games you can get around 3k (used) on the forum...or you could go digital & look for sales.

4 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

Like a guy said above you can use South African webshop to buy games.

idk if you would sell the physical games if you got them.

btw electronics prices may be a little bit, so hold off your purchase for a while

idk about switch but pc components cost 1.5k-3k more, on Amazon the PS4 games are suddenly selling at MRP, even though they have sales usually all the time

Thanks for the input guys, I'll probably wait till all this settles down

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to play The Touryst sometime back. 

Such a brilliant game, definitive retro homage, super responsive controls, adventure style play. One of my favorite Switch games of all times now !

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

19 hours ago, Shah said:

Any suggestions for a bluetooth audio adapter?

There seem to be none on Amazon. Not sure if I should order on AliExpress due to the pandemic and India-China situation. 

I use this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000103601769.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.4da34c4dLl3htB

Yes, China and all. Got this about 6-7 months ago, works flawlessly. 

12 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Too bad its being priced 5299 here. Dont expect grey market copies to be cheap either. 

Game looks amazing though.

5299 ? Insane. Digital copies are close to 4k INR (SA eShop). 

On 7/8/2020 at 12:36 AM, playstationdude said:

Too bad its being priced 5299 here. Dont expect grey market copies to be cheap either. 

Game looks amazing though.

Any idea on pricing now it's launched ? Kishore is saying 4600.