Official Nintendo Switch Thread

1 minute ago, NitroNeo said:

People are pissed AF at nintendo, when i finally was going to buy a switch it was 2020 at the bezels seemed too much, so i have been waiting for a year now, and finally a data miner found concrete info for switch pro with oled screen, i was ready to pounce and this sh*t happened, of course nintendo can screw people anytime with a switch pro. They once launched 3ds xl and a month prior to had said they won't be releasing any new HW models -_-

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2021/01/where_to_pre-order_the_mario_red_and_blue_edition_nintendo_switch

Ah that OK. That carry case is dope though :wub:

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Ok. :rofl:

Takes balls to ignore a populace like ours even a fraction of which could outstrip Western markets if addressed the right way. Nintendo hai toh mumkin hai :majesty:

Ok. :rofl:

Well he posted some of the peoples angry responses to mario tamatar edition swtich somewhere in the video, i keep seeing angry people on FB also in comments on this switch model release so they are there dude. Of course many of us have been waiting forever to get the switch. And after 4 years into switch life span I'm not gonna buy a basically 2017 design and joycon drifting model.

Just now, Jigsaw said:

Takes balls to ignore a populace like ours even a fraction of which could outstrip Western markets if addressed the right way. Nintendo hai toh mumkin hai :majesty:

They can't compete with dudebro shooters, plus they have the cheapest system, hence need to make money off games - and you know the Indian market. FIFA, COD, BF mostly. 

Why waste so much energy for an undeveloped market ?

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

They can't compete with dudebro shooters, plus they have the cheapest system, hence need to make money off games - and you know the Indian market. FIFA, COD, BF mostly. 

Why waste so much energy for an undeveloped market ?

True man. But thoda attention. Maybe even absorb a loss with lots of marketing could have worked. The 80's kids who actually relate to nintendo would gladly gulp it up. Sigh. 

6 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Well he posted some of the peoples angry responses to mario tamatar edition swtich somewhere in the video, i keep seeing angry people on FB also in comments on this switch model release so they are there dude. Of course many of us have been waiting forever to get the switch. And after 4 years into switch life span I'm not gonna buy a basically 2017 design and joycon drifting model.

There are angry people everywhere if you start looking for angry people. Heck, people want to be angry at anything over the net. 

The system is tits. When you start playing, NOBODY sees the bezel size. You get immersed in the game. Dock or undock, all instant, all magical, and all super fun. 

The JC drift issue is over rated. I know because I've been using the console for 3+ years now. My console lies in the open. I live on ground floor, and home gets super dusty. Over 3 years, only 1 JC ever had drift, and now you can buy single JC as replacements. 

Even now, my console lies belly up on my table. No issues whatsoever. 

Edit: No drift issues with Pro controller. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

True man. But thoda attention. Maybe even absorb a loss with lots of marketing could have worked. The 80's kids who actually relate to nintendo would gladly gulp it up. Sigh. 

Very small number, bro. 

Sony has cornered the Indian gaming scene. Some peeps have MS. 

Nintendo will always be associated as a kid's console, and we know that even kids dont want to be kids in India. They just want to play COD or GTA. 

It'll be a difficult sell unless they've dedicated demo areas and dedicated staff. Not to mention localising eshop, aligning with all GST and other laws, hardware support etc. All for a small base ? Nah. We are an immature market.

Btw, did you check out the Etsy links ? They have some super talented sellers on the platform. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

7 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Nintendo is just salty that their 8-bit consoles were pirated as hell at the time and people used to buy terminator, mitashi and other replicas instead of OG nintendo consoles, they must really hate india by now since they never officially set foot here afterwards :giggle:

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

Very small number, bro. 

Sony has cornered the Indian gaming scene. Some peeps have MS. 

Nintendo will always be associated as a kid's console, and we that even kids dont want to be kids in India. They just want to play COD or GTA. 

It'll be a difficult sell unless they've dedicated demo areas and dedicated staff. Not to mention localising eshop, aligning with all GST and other laws, hardware support etc. All for a small base ? Nah. We are an immature market.

Btw, did you check out the Etsy links ? They have some super talented sellers on the platform. 

Agree bhai. ?

Etsy dekha but I gave up collecting physical stuff long ago. I'll revisit once again just to see if anything special catches my eye. 

I remember my sister in law wanted to buy a console for her 6 year old daughter. I recommended Switch. The local shopkeepers recommended PS4 Pro. "Bahut powerful hai yeh". 

No prizes for guessing what they went with. I have no idea what a 5 year old will play on PS4. :sleep:

• Haha 1

I remember my sister in law wanted to buy a console for her 6 year old daughter. I recommended Switch. The local shopkeepers recommended PS4 Pro. "Bahut powerful hai yeh". 

No prizes for guessing what they went with. I have no idea what a 5 year old will play on PS4. :sleep:

Exactly. I regularly get asked by people at work for the same use case. I do tell them upfront switch games are costly and more importantly difficult to find unless they are willing to go digital. 

Hate to see so many kids losing out on what made games "games" 

7 minutes ago, Agent 47 said:

Nintendo is never going to make an all powerful console cause they don't need to.

But bhai at least they should increase the screen size and give it a 1080p screen,  i have seen 2 switch owners from our pokemon group both their screen PQ seemed dull after using my note 10 and even a50 and a70 screens i feel switch PQ and colors are way to dull on the level of a moto g3 i have at home. I can never even bite the bullet and buy it, the screen is a turn off and most of my usage will be playing mario kart, pokemon, animal crossing by sleeping on my bed so the TV connection will only be used for Zelda, xenoblade etc

4 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

But bhai at least they should increase the screen size and give it a 1080p screen,  i have seen 2 switch owners from our pokemon group both their screen PQ seemed dull after using my note 10 and even a50 and a70 screens i feel switch PQ and colors are way to dull on the level of a moto g3 i have at home. I can never even bite the bullet and buy it, the screen is a turn off and most of my usage will be playing mario kart, pokemon, animal crossing by sleeping on my bed so the TV connection will only be used for Zelda, xenoblade etc

They don't need to do anything. They are selling at a record pace worldwide. 

Please think as a consumer we all know how nintendo operates. They might not even see game sales rising as they mostly depend on 1st party games, so they might fear not being able to sell new systems, but there are enough of us new switch buyers who really want a new switch, and like that kevin guy US switch owners are nuts they buy a special edition switch anyway so it's not like nintendo will lose money on it.