Official Nintendo Switch Thread

17 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

You can put it to sleep but not wake up. You can use one of your fake Pro controllers to wake it up :P

Its also symmetrical sticks like PS but that doesn't bother most people. And the vibration is simpler version and no NFC.  

We haven't reached a consensus... YET :mellow:

@CarbonCore @bowser

Sending this back with the relative. Have asked him to have someone back home get in touch with that store and let them know he's returning it albeit only by April. If they agree good otherwise, he'll dispose it or use for his own kids as a burner one. 

Am ordering one off amazon India. If fakes are that prevalent, cannot trust the good ol' grey market chap who does home delivery with something like this. 

30 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

@CarbonCore @bowser

Sending this back with the relative. Have asked him to have someone back home get in touch with that store and let them know he's returning it albeit only by April. If they agree good otherwise, he'll dispose it or use for his own kids as a burner one. 

Am ordering one off amazon India. If fakes are that prevalent, cannot trust the good ol' grey market chap who does home delivery with something like this. 

23 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Spent an entire day just because someone was adamant "if I can't land a genuine, no one should" :lol:

I just thought of quoting this. No reason at all. None. :lol:

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I just thought of quoting this. No reason at all. None. :lol:

You really wished it was fake shouting from the rooftops the moment I posted yesterday. So far I haven't found one conclusive proof that points mine being fake. Am doing it only because once the guy leaves India I have 0 chance. And might as well eliminate the 50-50 current chance of a well made fake which I might discover later down the line. 

Whatever makes you happy :cheers:

Deriving pleasure out of someone's innocence is quite petty though. Your coming back to laugh itself is proof enough. So yup you should be really happy like right now. If you couldn't land a real one, thank god someone else doesn't :lol:

44 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

@CarbonCore @bowser

If no one can tell the difference then it doesn't really matter. Do the last test, weigh it on a kitchen counter. Pro controller weighs about 246 grams. Fakers can get everything right but the weight is always off.

2 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

If no one can tell the difference then it doesn't really matter. Do the last test, weigh it on a kitchen counter. Pro controller weighs about 246 grams. Fakers can get everything right but the weight is always off.

Arre I have a weighing scale it doesn't detect such light stuff. 

Stood with one controller turn by turn first thing in the morning :lol:

Came out 89.3 exact both times. 

Damn I used to be 86 constant. Yeh 3kg must be the Bacardi Carta Oro I'm hooked on to the past week 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

16 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

You really wished it was fake shouting from the rooftops the moment I posted yesterday. So far I haven't found one conclusive proof that points mine being fake. Am doing it only because once the guy leaves India I have 0 chance. And might as well eliminate the 50-50 current chance of a well made fake which I might discover later down the line. 

Whatever makes you happy :cheers:

Deriving pleasure out of someone's innocence is quite petty though. Your coming back to laugh itself is proof enough. So yup you should be really happy like right now. If you couldn't land a real one, thank god someone else doesn't :lol:

I simply said it is almost impossible to find a legit one at this point in time. 

You kept on saying this is legit and "if I couldn't get a legit one, no one should". 

I really don't give two f**ks where you spend your money, but I did it just because I know that most Smash or Splatoon controllers are fake. I too got 2 fake ones, and learnt how to spot one after opening up the innards. 

But hey, whatever the heck floats your boat. 

Your money, your choice. Will stay out of your way from now. :cheers:

19 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Arre I have a weighing scale it doesn't detect such light stuff. 

Stood with one controller turn by turn first thing in the morning :lol:

Came out 89.3 exact both times. 

Damn I used to be 86 constant. Yeh 3kg must be the Bacardi Carta Oro I'm hooked on to the past week 

That's why I said kitchen counter, not gunny bag scale :chair: 

But props for trying to weigh pav kilo controller correctly on it :P

Just now, CarbonCore said:

That's why I said kitchen counter, not gunny bag scale :chair: 

But props for trying to weigh pav kilo controller correctly on it :P

Haha I took one in hand and stood. Rinse repeat with the other one. :bigyellowgrin:

Kitchen counter scale kabhi socha nahi tha but good idea for weighing stuff like you tubers do :lol:

9 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Haha I took one in hand and stood. Rinse repeat with the other one. :bigyellowgrin:

Kitchen counter scale kabhi socha nahi tha but good idea for weighing stuff like you tubers do :lol:

Its very useful if you're into baking or chocolate tampering etc. I used to fk up so many recipes before, because I thought real men don't use scale, they just eyeball it like Gordon Ramsey. 

You can send it to me before sending back to US. I have opened mine several times for cleaning/modding etc and can tell if its fake or real deal. You don't want to send back a real thing :P

9 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Its very useful if you're into baking or chocolate tampering etc. I used to fk up so many recipes before, because I thought real men don't use scale, they just eyeball it like Gordon Ramsey. 

You can send it to me before sending back to US. I have opened mine several times for cleaning/modding etc and can tell if its fake or real deal. You don't want to send back a real thing :P

That is my biggest fear 

Problem is the brother himself is tempted just because of my stupidity in hyping how hyper rare it is. He wants it just for the hype now. Saala bechega at a higher margin if I know him well :lol:

In case he decides to change his mind and the shop refuse to accept such a late return I'll send it to you. Will appreciate some nice 4K pics from Ukraine in return :fear1:

PS what's a good kitchen scale? I have no use for the scenarios you mention but I want it now 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

15 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

In case he decides to change his mind and the shop refuse to accept such a late return I'll send it to you. Will appreciate some nice 4K pics from Ukraine in return :fear1:

I just want to check it, not keep it :lol: 

Kitchen scale, just buy any under 500rs and with decent reviews. It doesn't really matter.

• Haha 1

Just now, CarbonCore said:

I just want to check it, not keep it :lol: 

Kitchen scale, just buy any under 500rs and with decent reviews. It doesn't really matter.

Toh thoda mai permanently tera "travel" pics dekhta rahoonga? :lol:

5 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Btw, why are you two old men fighting? @Jigsaw and @Bird Bird Bird

The world is already rife with zoomers all around, you need to hold on to each other... really tight.

Lol nothing from my side. 

@Bird Bird Bird sorry bhai I went overboard. The old Jiggy still resides somewhere deep within me. I apologise for the outburst. I was just too excited to finally get this after sooo long. But doesn't excuse what I did.

Sorry bro.