Official Nintendo Switch Thread

You really wished it was fake shouting from the rooftops the moment I posted yesterday. So far I haven't found one conclusive proof that points mine being fake. Am doing it only because once the guy leaves India I have 0 chance. And might as well eliminate the 50-50 current chance of a well made fake which I might discover later down the line. 
Whatever makes you happy :cheers:

Deriving pleasure out of someone's innocence is quite petty though. Your coming back to laugh itself is proof enough. So yup you should be really happy like right now. If you couldn't land a real one, thank god someone else doesn't [emoji38]
Nintendo be like: images - 2021-02-24T225454.153.jpg

Nintendo Plans Switch Model With Bigger Samsung OLED Display

Nintendo Co. plans to unveil a model of its Switch gaming console equipped with a bigger Samsung OLED display this year, hoping the larger touchscreen can prop up demand in time for the holidays, people familiar with the plan said.

Samsung Display Co. will start mass production of 7-inch, 720p-resolution OLED panels as early as June with an initial monthly target of just under a million units

The latest model will also come with 4K ultra-high definition graphics when paired with TVs

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-03-04/nintendo-plans-switch-model-with-bigger-samsung-oled-display

Cena Ooo GIF

1 hour ago, ayush12ice said:

So possible launch by holiday 2021, which means we will get it at reasonable prices by mid or end 2022 (if at all). <_<

Nintendo noob here.

Can someone tell me what's the situation with Nintendo, specifically Switch, in our country? Where can I get one, and what about the games? Are they region locked? 

Is it worth the hassle? 

56 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Nintendo noob here.

Can someone tell me what's the situation with Nintendo, specifically Switch, in our country? Where can I get one, and what about the games? Are they region locked? 

Is it worth the hassle? 

Well, Nintendo don't give a f**k about India so all consoles you get here are imports hence no warranty. But lot of my friends has a switch and those things rarely break except for the infamous joycon drift. I experienced it but got a pro controller so it's fine. But if handheld mode is what interests you, then you need your joycons.

Games can be bought from eshop by switching regions. Switch doesn't have region lock as far as I know but I always buy digital. There are ways to get physical games. I have two switches ,one a launch edition which I am running homebrew on(love emulators) and a newer V2 unit which I use for switch games.

Try to get a second hand switch if that's possible in your city. Original switch prices are all over the place for a new one on online shopping sites.

Edited by b!T
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, b!T said:

Well, Nintendo don't give a f**k about India so all consoles you get here are imports hence no warranty. But lot of my friends has a switch and those things rarely break except for the infamous joycon drift. I experienced it but got a pro controller so it's fine. But if handheld mode is what interests you, then you need your joycons.

Games can be bought from eshop by switching regions. Switch doesn't have region lock as far as I know but I always buy digital. There are ways to get physical games. I have two switches ,one a launch edition which I am running homebrew on(love emulators) and a newer V2 unit which I use for switch games.

Try to get a second hand switch if that's possible in your city. Original switch prices are all over the place for a new one on online shopping sites.

So eShop india is not even a thing? Is it possible to buy prepaid cards for the other regions(say EU) for buying games?

Also, as far as I know a newer more powerful model is on the horizon(rumours?). It's better to wait for it, ain't it?

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

So eShop india is not even a thing? Is it possible to buy prepaid cards for the other regions(say EU) for buying games?

Also, as far as I know a newer more powerful model is on the horizon(rumours?). It's better to wait for it, ain't it?

1) All Switches are grey, but they are very sturdy. I'm using the launch model Switch, and it's running perfectly. Had the Joycon damage once, replaced the Joycons (They are available for purchase separately) and things are absolutely fine. No problem with the console itself whatsoever. Also have a Pro Controller, and it's an absolute blast. Of the 3 consoles, I would think it's the best controller. No fancy tech like Dualsense, but the ergonomics (Button Placement) and design, rumble intensity etc. make it a joy to use.

2) Have plenty of physical and digital games. All run perfectly. Games are not region locked. DLCs in general are not region locked, except in some 1-2 rare cases (Like Zelda: Breath of the Wild). Just to be on safe side, buy DLCs from region of base game like PS4 (Though in 99% of cases it will not even matter). Physical Games are available quite easily here, both new and 2nd hand. Despite the console not launching here, there is quite a healthy fanbase for Nintendo here.

3) If you're buying a Switch, highly advise you to go for a proper one and not a Switch Lite. The Switching is a marvel and graphics, performance and all do improve when the console is docked (connected) to a TV.

4) There have been rumors of a "Switch Pro" on the horizon since at least 2018 IMO. Till now, not a single piece of news has surfaced other than rumors. It's frankly immaterial. Switch OG looks great, and it's well worth it. Unlike PS/XBox, the main draw of Switch games is either the sheer fun gameplay, the excellent story or both. Rarely does Nintendo focus on graphics. Get it.

5) There is no Eshop India. For digital purchases, you will need to purchase eshop wallet cards/codes from sites like Playasia etc. There are no issues with this method and frankly not much hassle at all. Select an eshop account region you like (I use US Account with a state that has no tax - forgot which), buy eshop codes digitally, redeem and make digital purchases. Some retailers might even be able to give you physical codes.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aloy said:

No eshop for india as they don't officially have a presence here. You can get wallet codes and buy from the region you want.

The rumours are flying around for a while but nothing concrete so far. No guarantee when or if there will be a switch pro.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

1) All Switches are grey, but they are very sturdy. I'm using the launch model Switch, and it's running perfectly. Had the Joycon damage once, replaced the Joycons (They are available for purchase separately) and things are absolutely fine. No problem with the console itself whatsoever. Also have a Pro Controller, and it's an absolute blast. Of the 3 consoles, I would think it's the best controller. No fancy tech like Dualsense, but the ergonomics (Button Placement) and design, rumble intensity etc. make it a joy to use.

2) Have plenty of physical and digital games. All run perfectly. Games are not region locked. DLCs in general are not region locked, except in some 1-2 rare cases (Like Zelda: Breath of the Wild). Just to be on safe side, buy DLCs from region of base game like PS4 (Though in 99% of cases it will not even matter). Physical Games are available quite easily here, both new and 2nd hand. Despite the console not launching here, there is quite a healthy fanbase for Nintendo here.

3) If you're buying a Switch, highly advise you to go for a proper one and not a Switch Lite. The Switching is a marvel and graphics, performance and all do improve when the console is docked (connected) to a TV.

4) There have been rumors of a "Switch Pro" on the horizon since at least 2018 IMO. Till now, not a single piece of news has surfaced other than rumors. It's frankly immaterial. Switch OG looks great, and it's well worth it. Unlike PS/XBox, the main draw of Switch games is either the sheer fun gameplay, the excellent story or both. Rarely does Nintendo focus on graphics. Get it.

5) There is no Eshop India. For digital purchases, you will need to purchase eshop wallet cards/codes from sites like Playasia etc. There are no issues with this method and frankly not much hassle at all. Select an eshop account region you like (I use US Account with a state that has no tax - forgot which), buy eshop codes digitally, redeem and make digital purchases. Some retailers might even be able to give you physical codes.

Thanks for such a detailed post!

14 minutes ago, b!T said:

No eshop for india as they don't officially have a presence here. You can get wallet codes and buy from the region you want.

The rumours are flying around for a while but nothing concrete so far. No guarantee when or if there will be a switch pro.

Got it. Thanks