Official Nintendo Switch Thread

34 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

So is there any cons to switching regions on a single account (apart from losing Nintendo Gold Coins) compared to having multiple accounts for every region?

I think it is a bit of hassle for me to track multiple purchases across different accounts.

Nah. Just 2 approaches. 

For me, it's easier to just select an account and buy from e-shop (rather than changing regions). 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

There is eshop in India but it's been under lockdown for 2 years so there's no content on it :lol: You can switch to India in the region setting but its just a blank page.

Never knew that :lol:

So finally snagged a Switch Lite. I purposely didn't buy the bigger switch as I didn't want to hook up another home console to a screen. Lite is intimate and excellent for pick up and play sessions. This serves my purpose.

I had played loads of DS games on PC via emulator and the experience was so good that I always wanted to check out Nintendo on a proper console. So now I am planning to check out Nintendo land proper for the next couple of years and play some of the games which i always wanted to play, before jumping onto next gen.

So far so good but my fingers tend to get cramped after playing for about 2 hrs and BOTW is challenging just in the beginning area. Nice!

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Frankly, this is expected. Japan is Handheld and mobile land. These days, traditional consoles are not used there other than by a small minority. Heck, from what I read, it seems the Japanese are so busy that the only time they get to game is on the train while they are on their way to school/college/work.

Don't think traditional consoles have a place there anymore. The main competitor to Switch would be mobiles there  I guess.

13 hours ago, roun90 said:

Frankly, this is expected. Japan is Handheld and mobile land. These days, traditional consoles are not used there other than by a small minority. Heck, from what I read, it seems the Japanese are so busy that the only time they get to game is on the train while they are on their way to school/college/work.

Don't think traditional consoles have a place there anymore. The main competitor to Switch would be mobiles there  I guess.

Reckon the treatment meted out by sony is behind this trend as well. (Closing down of Japan studios, releasing more units in the west etc) 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajg-GYS4ia4 (How do I embed?)

Really neat DRPG that seems to have gone under the radar. May pick it up soon.

Etrian Odyssey fans may be interested.

Also, anyone else interested in the Famicom Detective Club games? $70 seems a bit much but still very excited for both.

Might get on sale.

Edited by petey