Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Just now, b!T said:

Not a lot of exclusive high profile games except for xenoblade and fire emblem. 99% of games works on old models.

You can refer this,

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/games-that-are-exclusive-enhanced-on-the-new-3ds.1177455/

The new c stick improved gameplay as well. I guess kid Icarus makes use of it extensively. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I was thinking more in terms of how mobile companies refresh their models. Specially as the base hardware/chipsets are so similar. 

Ps- I view the switch line majorly as a handheld device. Hence I'm not going into  upgrades the dock needs. 

Nintendo is so different from a typical mobile company, it's not even funny. I know I sound like a broken drum, but look at their history, releases, games, and it'll give an idea on how the company thinks. 

For me personally, this refresh is simply "good to have", not a "must have". The must have model is 2-3 years away. 

And in a way I'm happy since I'm sure no exclusives will be exploited for "new" hardware, and I'll directly spend on a new Nintendo console sometime in future. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, radicaldude said:

The new c stick improved gameplay as well. I guess kid Icarus makes use of it extensively. 

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. But my point was, it was never comparable to pro or 1x.

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nintendo is so different from a typical mobile company, it's not even funny. I know I sound like a broken drum, but look at their history, releases, games, and it'll give an idea on how the company thinks. 

For me personally, this refresh is simply "good to have", not a "must have". The must have model is 2-3 years away. 

And in a way I'm happy since I'm sure no exclusives will be exploited for "new" hardware, and I'll directly spend on a new Nintendo console sometime in future. 

Are you planning to get this upgraded model? I might if they launch a Zelda special edition. 

At present, the color scheme of this new switch resembles a panda 

Edited by radicaldude

4 minutes ago, b!T said:

Not a lot of exclusive high profile games except for xenoblade and fire emblem. 99% of games works on old models.

You can refer this,

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/games-that-are-exclusive-enhanced-on-the-new-3ds.1177455/

3 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

What they really f**ked up for gamers with the new 3ds was the way to remove and reinsert microsd. You've to open the damn screws everytime. Pure evil. :ranting:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

What the really f**ked up for gamers with the new 3ds was the way to remove and reinsert microsd. You've to open the damn screws everytime. Pure evil. :ranting:

Oh man, I never knew this :lol: that's ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I was thinking more in terms of how mobile companies refresh their models. Specially as the base hardware/chipsets are so similar. 

Ps- I view the switch line majorly as a handheld device. Hence I'm not going into  upgrades the dock needs. 

Mobiles also release newer models, with far better specs every year. You want to follow that? Imagine what havoc it will play on both devs and customers.

Anyway the point really is moot. New 3DS was a one-off. And it was not well received at all. There are barely any games that are "Full exclusive" to the new 3ds, and almost all received Switch ports because Nintendo and other devs wanted people to actually play and experience those games. Same happened with the Wii U - which was a decently powerful console for it's time. It flopped so hard that almost all Wii U games have received Switch ports, so at least some people would play the game. Nintendo is out of the high graphics game - precisely because historically they have flopped hard (except the freak Wii with it's Wii Sports).  

There really is no point in a Switch Pro. Existing Switch owners are very happy with the current Switch. Heck, even new adopters and buyers are happy.

The entire fiasco is the fault of the so called "Insiders". Nintendo equivalent of Xbox's Jeff Grubb. These so called "Insiders" have been screaming "A New Switch Pro" before almost all Nintendo Directs since 2019 at least. This has led to confusion among a lot of new buyers as to whether there really was a new model or not. With many sales being lost as people decided to wait for the so called "Pro" Version, and what if it was the same price as the original Switch. 

I would not be surprised if the OLED model is to get these "Insiders' and career rumor mongers to shut up. Another example why these "Insiders" are harmful to the industry. No wonder Sony went after them.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

Mobiles also release newer models, with far better specs every year. You want to follow that? Imagine what havoc it will play on both devs and customers.

Anyway the point really is moot. New 3DS was a one-off. And it was not well received at all. There are barely any games that are "Full exclusive" to the new 3ds, and almost all received Switch ports because Nintendo and other devs wanted people to actually play and experience those games. Same happened with the Wii U - which was a decently powerful console for it's time. It flopped so hard that almost all Wii U games have received Switch ports, so at least some people would play the game. Nintendo is out of the high graphics game - precisely because historically they have flopped hard (except the freak Wii with it's Wii Sports).  

There really is no point in a Switch Pro. Existing Switch owners are very happy with the current Switch. Heck, even new adopters and buyers are happy.

The entire fiasco is the fault of the so called "Insiders". Nintendo equivalent of Xbox's Jeff Grubb. These so called "Insiders" have been screaming "A New Switch Pro" before almost all Nintendo Directs since 2019 at least. This has led to confusion among a lot of new buyers as to whether there really was a new model or not. With many sales being lost as people decided to wait for the so called "Pro" Version, and what if it was the same price as the original Switch. 

I would not be surprised if the OLED model is to get these "Insiders' and career rumor mongers to shut up. Another example why these "Insiders" are harmful to the industry. No wonder Sony went after them.

20210707_114628.jpg

2 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

20210707_114628.jpg

Thanks for the example. If I remember right, there were a lot of these kinds of people. I remember there were some people even here who were interested in Switch since past 2 years, and then decided to wait on the Switch Pro - which has never even left the rumor mill till now.

11 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

I expect Nintendo to release more, new first party titles now. I had expected a Zelda anniversary collection, but they are charging $60 for skyward sword alone. They could have given us atleast 2 Zelda remastered games for that price. 

This is a valid criticism of Nintendo. They do milk their franchises like crazy. I was surprised when SM3D left out SMG2, and most likely the port will be charged at full price. 

Either that, or they will make you wait and release an SMG2 port on the new console for full price, and we will lap it up. 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

This is a valid criticism of Nintendo. They do milk their franchises like crazy. I was surprised when SM3D left out SMG2, and most likely the port will be charged at full price. 

Either that, or they will make you wait and release an SMG2 port on the new console for full price, and we will lap it up. 

Was there enough space in the cart for 4 full 3d mario titles? 

1 hour ago, silentassassin said:

Noob Question 

I got my switch last week.
Do i need nintendo online subscription to play free games online ?
Like apex legends / Ninjala / Fortnite.

On PS , u dont need plus to play free to play online games. 

For apex you don't. Don't know about the rest.

• Like 1

Sometimes, SMO will bore me into a nap. Sometimes, it’s hard to put down. Prefer playing it on handheld, and the magic is real. Mario is forever. Convinced that Nintendo has a crack team of “dreamers” who are perpetually high. Some of the 2D sections in mushroom kingdom cannot be thought of when sober. I refuse to believe so :P

1 hour ago, achilles said:

Sometimes, SMO will bore me into a nap. Sometimes, it’s hard to put down. Prefer playing it on handheld, and the magic is real. Mario is forever. Convinced that Nintendo has a crack team of “dreamers” who are perpetually high. Some of the 2D sections in mushroom kingdom cannot be thought of when sober. I refuse to believe so :P

Play SM3D+BF. Perfection.

• Thanks 1