Official Nintendo Switch Thread

22 minutes ago, Killer_Bot said:

Couldn't find it online, how this one (Micromini X-Ninja Wireless Pro Controller) ? I'm basically looking under 2k

Havent used the Micromini one. Getting a good wireless controller under 3k will be hard. 

If you can extend your budget a bit, you should be able to get the 8bitdo one for around 3-3.5k during sale. Wishlist on Amazon and monitor.

Link: https://www.amazon.in/8Bitdo-Sn30-Bluetooth-Gamepad-Black/dp/B01ND166P6/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?keywords=sn30+pro&qid=1642257502&sr=8-3

Edited by l33tmaniac

1 minute ago, Pacifier said:

I see most of you prefer playin it on handheld, so wouldn't switch lite make sense instead of switch?

What would you loose in switch lite apart from ability to connect to a TV? 

I have an oled switch. The screen is a gamechanger foe handheld mode. Games like XC need to be played docked since they are unplayable on handheld.

17 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

I see most of you prefer playin it on handheld, so wouldn't switch lite make sense instead of switch?

Not at all in my case. Switch controller feels uncomfortable in my hand for a long period gaming so i usually use 8bitdo sn30 pro+ and docked mode.

16 minutes ago, Pacifier said:

1) OLED

2) The option to choose between handheld and TV mode in an instant

The 2nd one is a true game changer (instant move between handheld vs TV). OLED is the cherry on top. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, VelivolusDas said:

No surprises there. It will 99% top NPD this month and Switch will have No.1 sales again this month because of it. Pokemon BD/SP was No. 3 or 4 2 months down the line, without even counting Digital Sales (With Digital it would probably have been #1, and that was a remaster with almost zero new additions, in fact it was with chibi style degradation).

Pokemon will always do Pokemon sales.

My Switch V2 doesn't get used much. And the battery drain around 14-16% (from 100 to 84) in 2 days while in Sleep mode. Is it normal? Or my battery has degraded due to non usage? Should I be worried?

If so, do I have have option to replace the battery in future? How much does that cost?

22 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I have an oled switch. The screen is a gamechanger foe handheld mode. Games like XC need to be played docked since they are unplayable on handheld.

Saw the list of games not compatible on handheld mode and XC isn't one of them for some reason.

22 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

1) OLED

2) The option to choose between handheld and TV mode in an instant

The 2nd one is a true game changer (instant move between handheld vs TV). OLED is the cherry on top. 

ok makes sense.  

so its 199$ vs 349$(for OLED), hence the question. Haven't played any of the nintendo consoles in last decade or so. So my main go to is to catchup on all the good ones(Zelda, Super Mario 3d world etc) from last decade. 

Having the Tv mode also helps with couch multiplayer games in future with additional joycons i guess. So might get the OLED or the regular one if it comes around 250$

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Saw the list of games not compatible on handheld mode and XC isn't one of them for some reason.

ok makes sense.  

so its 199$ vs 349$(for OLED), hence the question. Haven't played any of the nintendo consoles in last decade or so. So my main go to is to catchup on all the good ones(Zelda, Super Mario 3d world etc) from last decade. 

Having the Tv mode also helps with couch multiplayer games in future with additional joycons i guess. So might get the OLED or the regular one if it comes around 250$

Its not incompatible, but the framerate and visuals make it unplayable in handheld mode. 

None of the switch games restrict you from playing handheld, afaik

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

ok makes sense.  

It's not just the couch MP, sometimes even the performance improves if you play on docked mode. Even resolution is higher on docked mode. You can skip the OLED model if you find it too expensive. But I would definitely recommend you at least get the normal Switch, if the price difference is not too much.

Also, do note that some games can only be played in handheld mode or works better in handheld mode (Like Pokemon Go or The World Ends With You), while others are far better docked, especially graphically or because lettering/UI is too small in Handheld or performance is far better in docked mode (Like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Zelda: Breath of he Wild etc.)

Switch Lite is also missing out on the HD Rumble feature in controller.

Overall, get a normal Switch or an OLED Switch for the proper, complete Switch experience.

Oh and if you're getting a normal Switch, I would also recommend you get a Pro Controller on top. It's one of the best controllers in the console industry, and it's amazing to use it while you're playing Switch on your TV.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 1:57 PM, Pacifier said:

Like others said, go for the OLED. Skip everything else. 

Prices will come down in the next few months, they’ll be easily available for around 30k here. 

I sold my V2 and upgraded to OLED recently. The difference is unbelievable. 

But I play 100% handheld.. rarely I use the docked mode. 

The Switch itself is something that already excels in handheld mode, but the OLED actively pushes you to keep using handheld and forget about the dock. 
Like you mentioned, dock mode may come in handy for co-op with friends/family, but you can also do that by using the kickstand, for getting a board game vibe. 
Both ways are fun. 

Edited by Vamos

10 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Like others said, go for the OLED. Skip everything else. 

Prices will come down in the next few months, they’ll be easily available for around 30k here. 

I sold my V2 and upgraded to OLED recently. The difference is unbelievable. 

But I play 100% handheld.. rarely I use the docked mode. 

The Switch itself is something that already excels in handheld mode, but the OLED actively pushes you to keep using handheld and forget about the dock. 
Like you mentioned, dock mode may come in handy for co-op with friends/family, but you can also do that by using the kickstand, for getting a board game vibe. 
Both ways are fun. 

Oled is already Available at 31990 
also better to get normal switch then lite to future proof drift issues.

• Like 1