Official Nintendo Switch Thread

9 hours ago, Divyansh601 said:

Got a switch

Where do you guys purchase your games from?

Thanks

There are a few trusted retailers who deal via Whatsapp. Pretty active and well known in the Indian Switch community. 

DM me if you want their details. The prices are far more reasonable when compared to what you find on amazon.in.

If you want to purchase online, then look at gameloot/cex/gamenation for used stuff. Mx2Games/mcubegames/prepaidgamercard have okayish prices for new items.  

Edited by l33tmaniac

On 2/18/2022 at 3:02 AM, Divyansh601 said:

Got a switch

Thanks

Congrats! Don't forget the free games like Fortnite and Pokemon Unite. There are many others.

I'm enjoying Pokemon Unite so much and if you have friends, all the better. Pokemon Unite is also playable on phones so your mates don't have to own a Switch to play it.

Have you guys caught the news that the eShop for Wii U and 3DS will be closing?

https://blog.playerauctions.com/others/the-nintendo-3ds-and-wii-u-eshop-will-officially-close-in-march-2023/

I mean, it's bound to happen, given that the Switch is Nintendo's current.

Expect 3DS games to go up in prices since that's the only way you can own 3DS games now... and they're out of production XD

On 2/18/2022 at 12:32 AM, Divyansh601 said:

Got a switch

Thanks

Mostly the South African eShop. For the 'bigger' games I prefer physical. There's a couple of sellers I have contacts of and they have been trustworthy so far.

3 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

When, during a year, is the best time to purchase a Switch oled at a very good price and from which shop?

There is no specific time of year, since it does not get festival discount(no official presence).

There are many trusted sellers offerinf it for 31k which is what it goes for her, normally

If you want to stick with Amazon, you may want to wait for card discounts. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

You are better off getting the non OLED model as it should be available for a significantly lower price. 30k is too high relatively

Very very visible difference between OLED and non OLED. Wouldn't suggest non OLED at all unless you're sticking to a fixed budget. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Very very visible difference between OLED and non OLED. Wouldn't suggest non OLED at all unless you're sticking to a fixed budget. 

+1 

Spend the extra 5-6k and go for OLED if you plan to play handheld. 

Difference is night and day. 

If you want to play on TV, save money and buy a V1 Switch pre-owned. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Like 1

Another winner for the Switch if you like strategy games or Fire Emblem Type games or Story Heavy Decision making games. 

83 on Metacritic and 81 on Open Critic. Triangle Strategy is a very good game (Though it will most likely be missed in the Game flood of Feb/March)