Official Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, Vamos said:

+1 

Spend the extra 5-6k and go for OLED if you plan to play handheld. 

Difference is night and day. 

If you want to play on TV, save money and buy a V1 Switch pre-owned. 

If the difference is 5k, then go for OLED. But if I am not wrong, wasn't normal one going for 18-20k? 10-12k is a big difference and one needs to really be invested in handheld mode of Switch to justify paying that difference imo

Edited by Sach4life

18 minutes ago, Sach4life said:

If the difference is 5k, then go for OLED. But if I am not wrong, wasn't normal one going for 18-20k? 10-12k is a big difference and one needs to really in handheld mode of Switch to justify paying that difference imo

Normal V2 is around 24-25k if I'm not wrong. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Very very visible difference between OLED and non OLED. Wouldn't suggest non OLED at all unless you're sticking to a fixed budget. 

As someone who plays handheld only, what’s the price delta if I wish an exchange? OG 2018 switch red and blue, perfectly working, no real signs of wear/use, except on the scratch guard, caused due to docking frequently. 

2 hours ago, achilles said:

As someone who plays handheld only, what’s the price delta if I wish an exchange? OG 2018 switch red and blue, perfectly working, no real signs of wear/use, except on the scratch guard, caused due to docking frequently. 

Used V1 can be sold for 15-17k IMO. So 50% of the cost of an OLED. 

• Thanks 1

I sold my Grey V1 for 19.5k at CEX.

I bought it for 16k on OLX  :lol:

Was shocked they offered so much, when some peeps on OLX were lowballing for 10-12k. 

Edited by Vamos
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

The patched ones only started rolling out in late 2018 so a 2018 switch is quite likely unpatched. 

Depends on when he bought it. My OG Switch was purchased in Q2 2018, but couldn't be patched. 

18 hours ago, achilles said:

Check the serial number of your Switch and input it here. If it is not patched then its hackable, which go for like 25k+. Otherwise patched V1 Switch should get you around 16-17k.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Only low level home brews can run for now. Games maybe playable in a couple of years or never. 

No idea but the way Switch scene works, we may see it sooner than later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...