Official Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, Aloy said:

The only issue is BOTW. I spent about 30-35 hours into it and then dropped it. It got boring as there's basically no proper storytelling, the open world itself is mostly barren and i'm not the biggest fan of finding good weapons which become useless after a fight. The best part is definitely the ruins and their puzzles but that's not enough for me to pull back in. It's just weird, I was expecting a lot more from apparently one of the best games of all time, which sits at 97 meta I think. For now, I'd easily put mario and fire emblem above BOTW.

I was in the exact same boat when I got a Switch, left BOTW after a while and used to play MK8 mostly. 

Luckily I decided to start it afresh after few months. Best decision ever, it's one of the best games I have ever played...have spent like 250 hrs into it. I would suggest, complete as many towers as possible...get the 4 champion powers and then get the ancient weapons. Along the way you can kill Lionels and guardians and explore the villages. The story will unravel as you start visiting the memory sites.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aloy said:

Started Fire emblem three houses a week aga and I'M LOVING IT. The gameplay and the characters, both are amazing. Chose Golden Deer for the run.

Also playing Super mario odyssey on the side. My first 3D mario and it plays great. The level design is fantastic.

The only issue is BOTW. I spent about 30-35 hours into it and then dropped it. It got boring as there's basically no proper storytelling, the open world itself is mostly barren and i'm not the biggest fan of finding good weapons which become useless after a fight. The best part is definitely the ruins and their puzzles but that's not enough for me to pull back in. It's just weird, I was expecting a lot more from apparently one of the best games of all time, which sits at 97 meta I think. For now, I'd easily put mario and fire emblem above BOTW.

Such blasphemy :bash:

Jokes apart, the breaking weapons really allows you to experiment. I've sold and bought back copies of the game so many times. Just yesterday, I booted up the new copy and started the tutorial and it immediately put a smile on my face. BoTW is the GOTG for me personally. The game is about exploration - the story just acts as a guiding device. Just go off the beaten path and start exploring the world - there's bound to be something that will charm the hell out of you. 

48 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

I was in the exact same boat when I got a Switch, left BOTW after a while and used to play MK8 mostly. 

Luckily I decided to start it afresh after few months. Best decision ever, it's one of the best games I have ever played...have spent like 250 hrs into it. I would suggest, complete as many towers as possible...get the 4 champion powers and then get the ancient weapons. Along the way you can kill Lionels and guardians and explore the villages. The story will unravel as you start visiting the memory sites.

8 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Such blasphemy :bash:

Jokes apart, the breaking weapons really allows you to experiment. I've sold and bought back copies of the game so many times. Just yesterday, I booted up the new copy and started the tutorial and it immediately put a smile on my face. BoTW is the GOTG for me personally. The game is about exploration - the story just acts as a guiding device. Just go off the beaten path and start exploring the world - there's bound to be something that will charm the hell out of you. 

Yeah I'll eventually give it another go. At the moment, I'm playing like 4 games in rotation so can't really afford to add another one into the mix lol.

On 6/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, Azathoth said:

Any games other than below which are Switch exclusives, must play and SP focused 

1) BotW

2) super mario odyssey 

3) bayonetta 2 & 3

4) metroid dread

1) Fire Emblem Three Houses

2) Pokemon Games (Sword/Shield + Legends:Arceus)

3) Fire Emblem Warriors

4) Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (If you like Side Scrollers)

5) Kirby and the Forgotten Land

6) Famicom: Detective Club: The Missing Heir and The Girl Who Stands Behind (Visual Novels, but absolute must play if you love detective stories, and solving mysteries)

7) Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore (If you like JRPGs, I loved this one btw)

8) Shin Megami Tensei V

All of them excellent games, and I tried to avoid what others have already suggested above.

@Aloy You made the same mistake I made lol!! You should not have started with Golden Deer. The thing about that route - It finishes the story comprehensively, to the point that you will not feel like playing other routes. Other routes leave things open-ended, to the point that you feel like you should play the other routes or the story will be incomplete. It is the best route though, and IMO I love that route.

Also, in case you didn't know - there are 4 routes in the game, not 3. If you start with the Red Eagles, and choose not to side with Edelgard at the turning point in the story - you will go for the alternative route, that is the Church Route (Still this route does not hold a candle to Golden Deer though).

Then there is the DLC which is excellent.

This game truly has an insane amount of content. Absolutely worth the money!!

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, b!T said:

What I would do to enjoy these for the first time again. :cry:

Holding back on playing the game on PlayStation has finally yielded results. Will get the game on Switch - the right way to be played. 

Any idea on whether they plan to release physical copies?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Holding back on playing the game on PlayStation has finally yielded results. Will get the game on Switch - the right way to be played. 

Don't think they have plans for a physical release now. Maybe after all three games are released it might come.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

P5R is going to have a physical release but the rest are digital only.

• Like 2

Playing super Mario 3d world. Damn, such a good game :wub: Absolutely hate the limited lives concept though. Want unlimited lives :P

Haven't played the super Mario versions of wii,  wii u ,3ds versions etc,. Last i played was on NES :P

but thought Id try this . Totally worth it.

Will play bowser's fury after this :D

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

36 minutes ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Playing super Mario 3d world. Damn, such a good game :wub: Absolutely hate the limited lives concept though. Want unlimited lives :P

Haven't played the super Mario versions of wii,  wii u ,3ds versions etc,. Last i played was on NES :P

It’s just the most charming platformer. 

2 hours ago, silv3rgunn3r said:

Wow! Coincidence! 

I also Started playing Super Mario 3D world + Bowser's Fury from past 3 days. Loving the game!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SaiKO said:

Wow! Coincidence! 

I also Started playing Super Mario 3D world + Bowser's Fury from past 3 days. Loving the game!

Ya what a gem of a game. Cant get enough of it.

Edited by silv3rgunn3r