Official Nintendo Switch Thread

30 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

Subscriptions, Nintendo style! 

This is actually amazing!!!! Wish they start this for all consoles everywhere! Think about it - your current options are - 

If your controller dies you have to get a new one which can cost 6k. If your console dies (Out of Warranty) - you have to buy a new one. 

If we can pay 1000 Rs a year and be guaranteed of Controller Replacements or even get your console repaired/replaced - This is an absolutely worth it service. Hope Sony, MS and even Nintendo (Although they are not here officially) - offer it here.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

15usd a year, not bad at all. 

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

This is actually amazing!!!! Wish they start this for all consoles everywhere! Think about it - your current options are - 

If your controller dies you have to get a new one which can cost 6k. If your console dies (Out of Warranty) - you have to buy a new one. 

If we can pay 1000 Rs a year and be guaranteed of Controller Replacements or even get your console repaired/replaced - This is an absolutely worth it service. Hope Sony, MS and even Nintendo (Although they are not here officially) - offer it here.

Best deal in gaming 

15 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Only controller are at risk. And I can get it repaired for much less than 1k.

In fact if they break so often, i will prefer to learn how to fix them myself.

10 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Do you need online MP subscription for Switch to play Fall Guys which went f2p recently? 

It’s free to play for all across all platforms.

No need for Nintendo online. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Dude, can you not post sh*t out here ? These speculations have been coming for the past 4 years. Nothing new. 

I'm almost sure of one thing. Botw2, when it releases would release on two systems (the present switch and a more powerful hardware, simultaneously). 

They wouldn't risk releasing such a *new* marquee title on a hardware that would be 6 years old in 2023. 

Other Zelda titles like Twilight Princess, even BoTW got treated, similarly. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

I'm almost sure of one thing. Botw2, when it releases would release on two systems (the present switch and a more powerful hardware, simultaneously). 

They wouldn't risk releasing such a *new* marquee title on a hardware that would be 6 years old in 2023. 

Other Zelda titles like Twilight Princess, even BoTW got treated, similarly. 

Knowing Nintendo - it will be Switch only at first. Later on, if they feel like it they might port to Switch's successor.

BTW the next HW will be Switch successor - if and when it comes. We are already near the end of the Switch generation (only in no. of years since release - machine itself still has a lot of juice left).

There will be no mid-gen upgrade like PS4 Pro (that was Switch OLED) and these randoms have been tweeting the same mid gen upgrade song for almost 4-6 years now.

It's sad that a lot of people would have believed these randoms and nor experienced the awesomeness of the Switch at all.

Edited by roun90

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

- machine itself still has a lot of juice left).

6 years is a decent amount of time to utilise the full power of a hardware. If you still think there's a lot left wrt power, i don't think any developer would be able to utilise it anytime soon, anyways. 

Also, a lot of recent switch games have had issues with texture pops, slowdowns, fps drops etc. So i believe the time to refresh hardware is now. 

Nintendo should think of developing a prototype now (if they haven't already). 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

6 years is a decent amount of time to utilise the full power of a hardware. If you still think there's a lot left wrt power, i don't think any developer would be able to utilise it anytime soon, anyways. 

Also, a lot of recent switch games have had issues with texture pops, slowdowns, fps drops etc. So i believe the time to refresh hardware is now. 

Nintendo should think of developing a prototype now (if they haven't already). 

What I mean is - next Nintendo HW will be straight-up next gen (For Nintendo). It will not be a mid-gen refresh like PS4 Pro. It might have BC or it might now (We don't know yet). That said, I do agree with you regarding recent titles having problems though.