Official Nintendo Switch Thread

18 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

60hrs ain't all that much. Howlongtobeat.com shows it at 50 hrs just for main campaign.

I put 50+ in Immortals Fenyx Rising recently. Wouldn't call it a massive game. 

It should offer 100+.

Botw can be completed in 15-20 hours as well, if you rush through the main bosses. In fact this is what I did on my first playthrough, but that's not the way it's meant to be played. It's a game that is designed for exploration, basically anything you see you can reach. If you explore it completely, it takes more than 120 hours. 

I don't even like open world games, but this has a living breathing world, a masterpiece.

17 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

There aren’t a whole lot of enemy types or puzzles.

The whole game is a puzzle in itself. 

If you aren't referring to any guides or walkthrough vids on youtube, nothing in the game is straightforward and it can take over 100 hours to figure out everything on your own. 

This is where some people feel disconnected while playing botw. 

6 hours ago, swift said:

got all stamps?

Na bro. About 70% of them i guess. Maybe whenever in free I'll replay a few levels and get the remaining ones 

Too bad there's no trophy system in Nintendo games. That would have pursued my lazy a*s to try harder :P

Edited by silv3rgunn3r

On 8/10/2022 at 9:05 AM, silv3rgunn3r said:

Na bro. About 70% of them i guess. Maybe whenever in free I'll replay a few levels and get the remaining ones 

Too bad there's no trophy system in Nintendo games. That would have pursued my lazy a*s to try harder :P

True,no trophy system makes games less interesting and as for the stamps i have 11 to unlock.

Edited by swift
  • Like 1

Live A Live is such a lovely game!!!! A true love letter to gaming, and a proper Remake, that is a true Passion Project instead of a Cash Grab. Love the way the game literally changes genres in each routes, and how much effort was put into each route in the new Remake. I talked about Pre-History (Caveman), Imperial China and Twilight of Edo Japan. Now for the other routes -

1) Near Future

The-Near-Future-The-Outsider-Flow-in-Liv

This one is simply hilarious. A really cheesy route, that throws back to all the Power Rangers and Mecha Anime/Cartoons (Ninja Robots, Gundam etc.) that you ever saw. They went above and beyond in this route. I mean, look at this song that plays right in the start of this route -

Tell me this does not feel like the start of a Power Rangers Episode lol. Also, they got Hironobu Kageyama to sing this song. For those who don't know - he's the guy responsible for singing the opening of Dragon Ball Z (Cha La Head Cha La), One Punch Man (The Hero, along with JAM Project) etc. The song is done in both English and Japanese (Which Audio you select being the one you get). For those interested, the Japanese Song is below -

The story is also really hilarious but heart felt at the same time. A truly enjoyable route.

2) Wild West:

live-a-live-wild-west-traps-list-guide.j

This is a true homage to Spagetti Westerns (Think Clint Eastwood films of The Man with No Name, like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly). A really amazing story about a mysterious wanderer with a bounty on his head. Gameplay in this route is different, focussing on collecting items and setting traps. The characters are also really nice.

3) Distant Future:

maxresdefault.jpg

The most unique route of all. You play as a robot, and not a human. There is no combat in this route. This route is also horror and suspense. Despite no combat, this route will leave you at the edge of your seat and make you be on your nerves, wondering what is happening. A remarkable route.

4) Present Day:

live-a-live-present-day.900x.jpg

A proper homage to the fighting games of the 90s, this will make you feel like you are playing an Arcade Fighting game from that time (Tekken, SF2 etc.). The gameplay is also unique, in that the Main Character has to bait out moves from his opponents, and learns the moves his opponents use on him (Which he then uses to turn the tables on them). Not much story in this route, but all the innovation went into the gameplay.

5) Medieval Age:

live-a-live-the-middle-ages.900x.jpg

This seems to be the most vanilla route in the beginning. But the story goes really crazy in this as you play. I can't tell anything about this route without spoilers. But the story is something that should be experienced by everyone.

There is more, but anything more would be extreme spoilers. A masterpiece of a game. SE and Nintendo should take a bow :bow:. This is how Remakes should be. Another amazing fact - all characters in different routes are designed by different people, some of them very famous now. For example, Edo Japan characters are designed by Gosho Aoyama, the creator of Detective Conan while Present Day was created by Ryoji Minagawa (Responsible for Spriggan Anime/Manga etc.). Overall, absolutely amazing game.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:05 AM, silv3rgunn3r said:

That's the one thing I miss on the switch compared to xbox and PS. Not having achievements or trophies is a real bummer.

6 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Not a fan of RPGs, but hopefully it might change with this game. 

Remember - this is a remake of a very retro game (1994 game) and a turn based game at that (There are a lot of variations, but it's a turn based game at heart). It will not have many modern conveniences that brand new RPGs have, though they did try to add some (Like mini-map). They tried to be faithful to the original here. Go with an open mind, and you should enjoy it.

That said, this game was the pre-trial experiment for Chrono Trigger, and CT itself was made later in this model, so it's good. 

If you want the most vanilla routes (Gameplay-wise) to start with - I would recommend Pre-history or Imperial China. Pre-history is the most traditional route (Though there are no spoken dialogues and the entire story is told through sound effects, sprites and expressions - because in the Caveman Era the Spoken Word is not yet invented), China is a short route that focuses more on story with some combat. Don't start with something like Japan or Present Day or Distant Future which are best saved for when you are used to the game.

I personally went on a chronological order (Pre-history -> Imperial China -> Edo Japan -> Wild West -> Present Day -> Near Future -> Distant Future -> Middle Ages (Which Unlocks later) and further on later secrets)

Edited by roun90
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Japan - not surprising at all. Recently had a similar discussion with my Japanese colleague about how Japanese firms vs MNCs having offices in Japan work, and it was clear that the legacy businesses are very much rooted in hierarchy, and absolutely detest LGBTQ etc. 

And from general cultural PoV, you do get the feeling that there's a lot of bossiness, you can't generally leave work before your superiors leave, can't complain etc. Just Japan things - lots of videos on YouTube too. 

Really feel for the girls who had to face harassment though. Crazy what they went through, and still kept on working. Unfortunately, surely this happens in many countries, including India (female employee harassment etc). 

We need a mindset change. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird