Official Nintendo Switch Thread

29 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Can anyone please guide which is better overall - 8bitdo Pro 2 controller or Switch Pro controller?

8bitdo for d pad.

Switch Pro I assume for everything else.

I have 8bitdo for xbox. It's a solid controller. 3rd party controllers definitely give you a fresh experience. Feels like using a new console.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Can anyone please guide which is better overall - 8bitdo Pro 2 controller or Switch Pro controller?

I prefer switch Pro controller but I might be in the minority.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Frankly I prefer the Official Switch Pro Controller. It's one of the best controllers in the industry. Don't know about 3rd party controllers for Switch (only used them for PC - and it was incomparable with PS4 controller,  forget Switch Pro), but I would not replace the OG Switch Pro with anything.

• Thanks 1

Switch Pro, difficult to get original ones. 

The ergonomics are amazing, and the battery life is bonkers. 

• Thanks 1

If you find authentic product then Switch Pro, but restricted to Switch only whereas 8BitDo Pro has better built quality, customisable buttons via a dedicated mobile app, can be used across multiple platforms and downside is:

NFC scanning, IR camera, HD rumble, notification LED are not supported, nor can the system be waken up wirelessly

Edited by Aercy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Aercy said:

If you find authentic product then Switch Pro, but restricted to Switch only whereas 8BitDo Pro has better built quality, customisable buttons via a dedicated mobile app, can be used across multiple platforms and downside is:

NFC scanning, IR camera, HD rumble, notification LED are not supported, nor can the system be waken up wirelessly

• Thanks 1

Just got my hands on a switch V1 to try and see if it will be good for my use-case for just filling in for a gaming console while not at home. I was expecting a PSP like experience but it's different. Playing it in handheld mode was a pain :-/

Not sure if I should have simply gone for lite and it could have been better.

Also screen is very reflective causing noticeable discomfort in brightly lit room. Is it any better on OLED ?

1 minute ago, Channu said:

Just got my hands on a switch V1 to try and see if it will be good for my use-case for just filling in for a gaming console while not at home. I was expecting a PSP like experience but it's different. Playing it in handheld mode was a pain :-/

Not sure if I should have simply gone for lite and it could have been better.

Also screen is very reflective causing noticeable discomfort in brightly lit room. Is it any better on OLED ?

No point in getting a V1 now that OLED is out. It's a substantial difference vs screen. Ergonomics are more or less the same. 

16 hours ago, Channu said:

https://www.amazon.in/Dockable-Case-Nintendo-Switch-Joy/dp/B07TDLRFKK/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_i=B07TDLRFKK&th=1

Are these grip modifiers good ? Playing in handheld mode was a pain for me

Would recommend against trying to dock with the case. I ve read about people damaging their docks with cases like these. 

30 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Would recommend against trying to dock with the case. I ve read about people damaging their docks with cases like these. 

I don't think i'll be docking anytime. I'm only looking for portable gaming and switch is giving my hands a noticeable discomfort within just an hour of handheld use.

19 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

No point in getting a V1 now that OLED is out. It's a substantial difference vs screen. Ergonomics are more or less the same. 

isn’t the OLED a lot more expensive than a regular one?

1 hour ago, Snake said:

isn’t the OLED a lot more expensive than a regular one?

It's about 4-5k more expensive. But you get a larger/better screen and an improved dock that has an ethernet port and 2x the memory at 64GB. 

Having owned both - the regular red box  switch (V1/V2) really don't make a lot of sense anymore if you are buying a new Switch. 

4 hours ago, Channu said:

I don't think i'll be docking anytime. I'm only looking for portable gaming and switch is giving my hands a noticeable discomfort within just an hour of handheld use.

I got the Spigen Rugged armour for my OLED that added a good elevation on the two ends at the back.

DXQEAki.jpg

and also got 8BitDo Pro 2 controller for docked or tabletop play.

qfF2Bzs.jpg

• Like 1