Official Nintendo Switch Thread

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

It could be a fake then. I think legit ones range around 245-247g max

Nah.... Fake ones always weigh less. Accounting for the accuracy of the machine used I'm very confident it's original at 248 grams.

4 hours ago, Vamos said:

I tried to open it up, but the screws are stuck and won’t unscrew at all. 

This seems like a major problem for people who are trying to open it up for battery/analog stick repairs. 

They will open just fine but you need to use the perfect size screwdriver and apply pressure as you turn. Using a screwdriver with even a little bit of play will cause the screws to strip.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:17 AM, 0verlord said:

Bought Switch Pro Controller. Solid controller. Most likely original and genuine, looking at the box and controller but controller didn’t update when I connected to Switch, said it was up to date. All okay right?

cKfP6H4.jpg

ag2bqZt.jpg

You'll need to weigh it. Simplest method to determine authenticity. It should be at least 245 grams.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bowser said:

They will open just fine but you need to use the perfect size screwdriver and apply pressure as you turn. Using a screwdriver with even a little bit of play will cause the screws to strip.

Irritates me to no end. Opening up Joycons is a PITA. Any place to get replacement screws ?

34 minutes ago, cyberpunk said:

Btw, the zip code with credit card should be my zip code of India or Oregon(using it because no tax lol). 

Dont remember tbh since I added my card a while ago. Also, I buy from Canada/Argentina/Brazil/Japan since they are generally cheaper than US

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Channu said:

Hey guys, what should I get ? A hori split pad or a skull & co grip ? I ONLY play handheld and don't go for docking. I have slightly bigger than avg palm size but playing switch in handheld mode starts to hurt pretty soon @Vamos @l33tmaniac

Hori is the way to go if you are okay with the tradeoff / compromises. No rumble, no motion controls, no gyro and cannot be used in wireless mode. It is super comfortable though.

Skull Co is good from what I’ve heard and bypasses most of the drawbacks that you have with the Hori. But joycon d-pad really sucks big time and even with the grips, Hori will be more comfortable.

There is a spigen grip that you can buy which is fairly decent and can be used with your joycons. It is available in Amazon India and is much cheaper overall. You cannot dock with the grip case though. I have one lying around that is barely used. You can take it from me for cheap if you want it.

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Hori is the way to go if you are okay with the tradeoff / compromises. No rumble, no motion controls, no gyro and cannot be used in wireless mode. It is super comfortable though.

Skull Co is good from what I’ve heard and bypasses most of the drawbacks that you have with the Hori. But joycon d-pad really sucks big time and even with the grips, Hori will be more comfortable.

There is a spigen grip that you can buy which is fairly decent and can be used with your joycons. It is available in Amazon India and is much cheaper overall. You cannot dock with the grip case though. I have one lying around that is barely used. You can take it from me for cheap if you want it.

Oh... I didn't know there were so many tradeoffs with Hori!

I guess you had shared the link of that Spigen with me but it's only compatible with OLED but I got an Erista.

5 hours ago, Channu said:

Oh... I didn't know there were so many tradeoffs with Hori!

I guess you had shared the link of that Spigen with me but it's only compatible with OLED but I got an Erista.

Yup. I have the one for OLED.

what is Erista btw ?

28 minutes ago, Channu said:

I think someone else too had linked to this product earlier and I had checked it out but reviews were not very good hence didn't check them out any further. Do you use these ?

I actually do use them. Been using them for quite some time. Very comfortable for playing for longer durations of time. Not even experienced any minor drift.

• Like 1