Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Why are we even comparing Wii U controller battery life with Switch battery life???? Can Wii U controller play games on its own? I mean does it have cpu GPU etc built in it? Afaik it only streams the game. If yes then there will be a huge difference between wii u controller and switch battery consumption.

The Wii U Gamepad Battery (which is available separately) has upto 8 hrs of life compared to 3-5 hrs given by the battery which comes with the controller..So i don't see why Switch would have only 3 hrs of battery life..

Now, if you are suggesting that Nintendo might sell the high capacity battery separately for Switch similar to the one they do for Wii U currently..I don't think the tablet would be designed in such a way that the back of it could be unscrewed and do the changes cause they have been saying that the heart of Nintendo Switch is in its handheld unit.

They should design it in such way so that we can replace the battery .... these li-on batteries dont last long...i mean a year or two and then there capacity decreases...so are you saying that should buy whole system every 2 year and since this is console plus handheld people will be using it a lot....

Why are we even comparing Wii U controller battery life with Switch battery life???? Can Wii U controller play games on its own? I mean does it have cpu GPU etc built in it? Afaik it only streams the game. If yes then there will be a huge difference between wii u controller and switch battery consumption.

Yea they are not same but i think there is more to do with Wiiu controller than just streaming ...it has many other features like motion sensing...cameras etc.

I am pretty sure this one will have cameras and GPS and even 3g/4g. Pokemon Go advanced/2/plus has to run on this. It alone can be a huge system seller.

yea but that will all take a lot from battery....

Yes, i don't play more than that in one stretch anyways.

okay. 1 Bakra found. :P

Edited by playstation

I am pretty sure this one will have cameras and GPS and even 3g/4g. Pokemon Go advanced/2/plus has to run on this. It alone can be a huge system seller.

I don't think they'll have a Pokémon Go. That's a cheap mobile game that no one would pay 60$ for.

On the other hand I heard there's a Pokémon game in the works (after Sun and Moon) and it will be available within 6 months of NX's launch. That's a big thing because this console seems like it is a handheld first and foremost and Pokémon is their bread and butter.

Sales this gen

Pokémon X and Y - 14.32 mn

Wii U - 13.3 mn :lol:

From Nintendo's point bringing all the big games onto a single device is a great thing. You can play Pokémon with it on the go and you can play Mario Kart at home with 4 of your friends. The problem is balancing power and battery life of the hardware.

Sach4life

Third party support is important. Hardcore Nintendo fans who can't afford multiple consoles would love to play GTA, RDR and Witcher on Switch along with Zelda. It really sucks that a major console manufacturer like Nintendo is not getting any love from 3rd party.

PS4 is successful coz it plays both top 3rd part games and first party exclusives.. Just imagine if tomorrow 3rd party stops supporting PS then what will happen. It will severely affect sales of consoles.

Sach4life

Third party support is important. Hardcore Nintendo fans who can't afford multiple consoles would love to play GTA, RDR and Witcher on Switch along with Zelda. It really sucks that a major console manufacturer like Nintendo is not getting any love from 3rd party.

PS4 is successful coz it plays both top 3rd part games and first party exclusives.. Just imagine if tomorrow 3rd party stops supporting PS then what will happen. It will severely affect sales of consoles.

That is the ideal situation but i don't see that happening with Switch. It won't be getting full 3rd party support. Also, the kind of concept it is, i don't expect it to be as powerful as a ps4 anyways.

Yeah 3rd party support is a sham. It will be remasters and ports and remastered ports from last gen.

Am satisfied with the specs though. Nvidia Tegra is powerful and 4gb ram should be enough. Its not competing against PS4 and xbox anyway.

Its a home console first so it will be priced as such which is $299.

For that price, most Nintendo fans will buy it but if they make it $199 they can get a lot of PS4 owners to buy it as well just because its cheap and offers a different experience but Nintendo always overprice their products.

My bold prediction is that it will fail. It will sell more than WiiU but far less than expected by Nintendo.

My guess is lifetime sales of around 25 million. This is because as someone earlier said its just a redesigned Nvidia Shield so its not at all revolutionary.