Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Anyone here tried The Famicom Detective Club?

It's great, an amazing pre-cursor to Phoenix Wright etc. Great initiative by Nintendo to Remake 30+ Year Old games on systems unheard of in most of the World (In this case - Famicom). We need such titles. There are various gems here.

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Anyone here tried The Famicom Detective Club?

It's great, an amazing pre-cursor to Phoenix Wright etc. Great initiative by Nintendo to Remake 30+ Year Old games on systems unheard of in most of the World (In this case - Famicom). We need such titles. There are various gems here.

They should bring back more titles from the SNES/Famicom era. Japan got many epic Famicom exclusives, this being one of them. 

8 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

What’s your take on the grey pricing here? 50k+?

Got mine off eBay in 2018 for 26k. 

im going to have a hard time justifying it seeing as I barely touch the switch :nerves:

Anything with Nintendo written on it automatically gets appreciated (w.r.t price) in India. I have no clue about the official price of the switch pro, but if it is close to 400 or 400+ dollars, I expect it to be priced close to 45-50k here. Maybe more if the hype gets high. They would want to make up for lockdown losses by appreciating the price. 

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

They should bring back more titles from the SNES/Famicom era. Japan got many epic Famicom exclusives, this being one of them.  

Yup, hope Nintendo continues to remake old stuff that are lost to time. Also, these kind of old games are what Sony should be focussing on remaking. Old PS1 and PS2 titles. Stuff liek Legend of Dragoon, Syphon Filter etc. There's no need to remake PS4 stuff like Last of Us or even worse Spiderman and all such stuff and sell it again.

24 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

What’s your take on the grey pricing here? 50k+?

Got mine off eBay in 2018 for 26k. 

im going to have a hard time justifying it seeing as I barely touch the switch :nerves:

no need for Supreme Court approval. Just "switch" it with the new model when she's asleep

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music 

Just now, WhatsInTheName said:

no need for Supreme Court approval. Just "switch" it with the new model when she's asleep

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music 

Bhai that worked once with the Seagate Expansion Card. Har baar diwali nahi hoti. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Yup, hope Nintendo continues to remake old stuff that are lost to time. Also, these kind of old games are what Sony should be focussing on remaking. Old PS1 and PS2 titles. Stuff liek Legend of Dragoon, Syphon Filter etc. There's no need to remake PS4 stuff like Last of Us or even worse Spiderman and all such stuff and sell it again.

Absolutely.  So many titles to choose from the PS1/ps2 era. Ps2 had 1800+ titles in total. 

2 hours ago, radicaldude said:

The jump would be akin to 3ds-> new 3ds.

Also it would be stupid to drop compatibility with older switches specially when the install base is 100m +

That's what. For an iterative upgrade the price is too close to the new gen consoles. This one should really have 'pro' features apart from the OLED screen and higher battery. 4K docked seems to good to be true.

They would not drop the compatibility because the Switch Lite will be sold alongside. 

49 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

That's what. For an iterative upgrade the price is too close to the new gen consoles. This one should really have 'pro' features apart from the OLED screen and higher battery. 4K docked seems to good to be true.

They would not drop the compatibility because the Switch Lite will be sold alongside. 

4k will probably only be because of Nvidia's DLSS 2.0 and even then might not be equivalent to PC, usual reconstruction with a hint of deep learning.

As far as the speculations are concerned, this doesn't sound next gen to me to justify paying $399 or higher.

They should stick with their original price just like Pro and One X. At max maybe $350 but anything more than Ps5 DE is a bust for me and I was really looking forward to this.

Edited by KunjanPSD

6 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

4k will probably only be because of Nvidia's DLSS 2.0 and even then might not be equivalent to PC, usual reconstruction with a hint of deep learning.

As far as the speculations are concerned, this doesn't sound next gen to me to justify paying $399 or higher.

They should stick with their original price just like Pro and One X. At max maybe $350 but anything more than Ps5 DE is a bust for me and I was really looking forward to this.

Even if they price it close to $400 it'll sell in millions. People go for Nintendo consoles for the games it offers, and not for the price at which games/consoles are being offered. People happily shell out 80 dollars for a pair of joycons so it's clear Nintendo's audience is not price sensitive. 

Well you are right bro Nintendo actually targets home audiences with casual gamers but a price tag of 400$ would be too high im assuming they would price it between 300-350$.GPU intense game like Zelda BOTW was released years ago.Apart from that switch owners are enjoying games like mario odyssey,Pokemon,Animal crossing TBH with you i wasnt a switch fan recently bought it im really impressed.Nintendo is targeting audiences with games which give mesmerizing experience lets take mario odyssey the motion controls make it alot fun also other motion control games are cool on it.Also the biggest strength is its portability.

Games like Doom,Wolfenstein,Mortal Kombat are better if they ran on PS5,Series X and they are much more fun with a level of detail.

Also by just adding DLSS functionality without upgrading RAM doesnt offer much.I would say the graphics will never match the level of PS5 and Series X but if the switch port is medium setting and runs at 30FPS locked then its a pretty huge win for everyone.

4 minutes ago, Fazed said:

Well you are right bro Nintendo actually targets home audiences with casual gamers but a price tag of 400$ would be too high im assuming they would price it between 300-350$.GPU intense game like Zelda BOTW was released years ago.Apart from that switch owners are enjoying games like mario odyssey,Pokemon,Animal crossing TBH with you i wasnt a switch fan recently bought it im really impressed.Nintendo is targeting audiences with games which give mesmerizing experience lets take mario odyssey the motion controls make it alot fun also other motion control games are cool on it.Also the biggest strength is its portability.

Games like Doom,Wolfenstein,Mortal Kombat are better if they ran on PS5,Series X and they are much more fun with a level of detail.

Also by just adding DLSS functionality without upgrading RAM doesnt offer much.I would say the graphics will never match the level of PS5 and Series X but if the switch port is medium setting and runs at 30FPS locked then its a pretty huge win for everyone.

The switch runs at 60 fps @1080p in docked mode already. 

It indeed runs few 1st party mostly mario titles at FHD 60fps rest i tried NFS HP Remaster runs at 30fps but looks good tbh even pokemon shield runs at 30fps.Speaking of big AAA like doom wolfenstein MK11 those are very blurry.

If only GTA V releases on switch pro its going to boost sells alot.

Maybe we should start a petition for Nintendo to start Official sales in India.Atleast we can get the pro model for little less even they can manufacture in India it will be tough because they have to invest alot they are more millions of unit happy by selling in US,EU,China.

8 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

If the Switch pro launches at $400, Nintendo be like: 

images - 2021-05-28T195356.389-01_1.jpg

They could launch it at $600 and there’ll still be stock shortages that make the PS5 look like kindergarten homework worldwide. :lol:

21 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Nintendo never competes on specs. They always strive to provide a unique experience. From Wii, Wii U (didn't sell well, but no doubt the ideation of Switch was visible in it, Switch, DS/3DS/XL etc). 

The games are unique, and most 1st party titles can be picked up by an 8 or an 80 year old. You can play on easy to just complete missions or try to go hardcore by hitting all side quests/milestones. 

There are games like MK8 which my 3 year daughter plays, there are tons of couch coop games which wifey and I play, and then there are epic platformers which I play. It's a true family setup. 

They just need a new console, a Mario or Zelda or Pokemon or Metroid or Animal Crossing, and it'll be OOS in minutes. 

7 hours ago, Fazed said:

Maybe we should start a petition for Nintendo to start Official sales in India.Atleast we can get the pro model for little less even they can manufacture in India it will be tough because they have to invest alot they are more millions of unit happy by selling in US,EU,China.

Hah. They never entered after the copycats came to Asia. I don't think they'll even bother. India is an extremely small market for them.