Official Nintendo Switch Thread

16 minutes ago, radicaldude said:

So many different games on the system, it feels fresh everytime. 

Btw it still is outselling both the current gen systems. 

Still they don't release it here BC. Switch would be the perfect system for me.

But can't justify because of the console price + no warranty + game prices + drift issue lots of people complains about.  

3 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

But can't justify because of the console price + no warranty + game prices + drift issue lots of people complains about.  

You can get into the ecosystem with the switch lite as well. 

There are several retailers who sell games under 4k locally. Don't get from online outlets like mcube. 

Edited by radicaldude

17 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

You're missing some great gems due to that thought. Switch isn't something which breaks easily. I haven't heard any in my known group breaking so far (while having a warranty would be welcome, it's not a deal breaker tbh - I had the same thought before purchasing). 

Cost - I believe with the opening up of ports etc, cost will decrease since inventory would increase. 

eShop sales are common. All 1st party games go for a dedent (but not so great) sale every quarter or so. Most offline retailers are cheaper than online ones (1st party games are around 4k). 

Drift is real. Generally takes about a couple of years to show, but if you've the Pro controller, no drift. It's only on joycons.  Now you can get individual joycons too, so no need to buy a set. 

Games - Unf**kingbelievably good. Worth it the extra hassle tbh. Boot up any Mario, and the sheer variety of levels trumps most games. By far the most "lovable" system for me. Tons of couch coop for kids, spouse, family etc. 

1 hour ago, radicaldude said:

I think if they don't retire the switch this year, it might just catch/outsell the ps2 even. 

No way is it getting retired this year, the Wii U just had a really small lifespan due to Nintendo essentially abandoning it after throwing all resources at it and seeing that absolutely nothing stuck. I think the Switch will live to see at least another 2-3 years, easy.

11 minutes ago, petey said:

No way is it getting retired this year, the Wii U just had a really small lifespan due to Nintendo essentially abandoning it after throwing all resources at it and seeing that absolutely nothing stuck. I think the Switch will live to see at least another 2-3 years, easy.

By retiring I meant discontinuing the vanilla switch and launching the switch pro 

10 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Switch is also my de facto machine for indies simply because of portability, and they just look great on a smaller screen. 

True. But certain indies like NSLT do much better on PS/XSX due to 60/120 fps than 30 on Switch. I double dipped just because the gameplay was much superior on PS than on Switch. 

9 hours ago, radicaldude said:

By retiring I meant discontinuing the vanilla switch and launching the switch pro 

Ah, okay. I don't think vanilla would be discontinued even if they do launch the purported Pro, though.

Nintendo already ramped up production for the base Switch model substantially this year over 2020.

• 2 weeks later...