Official Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, Pacifier said:

Saw the list of games not compatible on handheld mode and XC isn't one of them for some reason.

ok makes sense.  

so its 199$ vs 349$(for OLED), hence the question. Haven't played any of the nintendo consoles in last decade or so. So my main go to is to catchup on all the good ones(Zelda, Super Mario 3d world etc) from last decade. 

Having the Tv mode also helps with couch multiplayer games in future with additional joycons i guess. So might get the OLED or the regular one if it comes around 250$

It's not just the couch MP, sometimes even the performance improves if you play on docked mode. Even resolution is higher on docked mode. You can skip the OLED model if you find it too expensive. But I would definitely recommend you at least get the normal Switch, if the price difference is not too much.

Also, do note that some games can only be played in handheld mode or works better in handheld mode (Like Pokemon Go or The World Ends With You), while others are far better docked, especially graphically or because lettering/UI is too small in Handheld or performance is far better in docked mode (Like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Zelda: Breath of he Wild etc.)

Switch Lite is also missing out on the HD Rumble feature in controller.

Overall, get a normal Switch or an OLED Switch for the proper, complete Switch experience.

Oh and if you're getting a normal Switch, I would also recommend you get a Pro Controller on top. It's one of the best controllers in the console industry, and it's amazing to use it while you're playing Switch on your TV.

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2022 at 1:57 PM, Pacifier said:

I see most of you prefer playin it on handheld, so wouldn't switch lite make sense instead of switch?

What would you loose in switch lite apart from ability to connect to a TV? 

Like others said, go for the OLED. Skip everything else. 

Prices will come down in the next few months, they’ll be easily available for around 30k here. 

I sold my V2 and upgraded to OLED recently. The difference is unbelievable. 

But I play 100% handheld.. rarely I use the docked mode. 

The Switch itself is something that already excels in handheld mode, but the OLED actively pushes you to keep using handheld and forget about the dock. 
Like you mentioned, dock mode may come in handy for co-op with friends/family, but you can also do that by using the kickstand, for getting a board game vibe. 
Both ways are fun. 

Edited by Vamos

10 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Like others said, go for the OLED. Skip everything else. 

Prices will come down in the next few months, they’ll be easily available for around 30k here. 

I sold my V2 and upgraded to OLED recently. The difference is unbelievable. 

But I play 100% handheld.. rarely I use the docked mode. 

The Switch itself is something that already excels in handheld mode, but the OLED actively pushes you to keep using handheld and forget about the dock. 
Like you mentioned, dock mode may come in handy for co-op with friends/family, but you can also do that by using the kickstand, for getting a board game vibe. 
Both ways are fun. 

Oled is already Available at 31990 
also better to get normal switch then lite to future proof drift issues.

• Like 1

Recently bought a switch. What's the best way to buy games? Physical games seem to be the way to go but unable to find the good ones ( say Mario Odyssey) in 2nd hand markets. Also, does paypal work on the US store, to buy a digital only game like Celeste?

3 hours ago, Aloy said:

Recently bought a switch. What's the best way to buy games? Physical games seem to be the way to go but unable to find the good ones ( say Mario Odyssey) in 2nd hand markets. Also, does paypal work on the US store, to buy a digital only game like Celeste?

Paypal works. I use it for digital purchases. You can also buy codes from play asia, the rates are almost 1:1 of usd.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aloy said:

Check other eshop country prices at eshop-prices.com. US isn't the cheapest btw. You can create multiple accounts for all different eshops, add them to Switch, and buy using CC or PayPal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Check other eshop country prices at eshop-prices.com. US isn't the cheapest btw. You can create multiple accounts for all different eshops, add them to Switch, and buy using CC or PayPal. 

Oh nice. Celeste is like 1500 on the US store but just 230 in Argentina. Thanks for the tip.

Though I noticed on that site that almost all first party ninty games are still pretty expensive throughout the globe.

One small thing, switch online worth it?

2 minutes ago, Aloy said:

Oh nice. Celeste is like 1500 on the US store but just 230 in Argentina. Thanks for the tip.

Though I noticed on that site that almost all first party ninty games are still pretty expensive throughout the globe.

One small thing, switch online worth it?

You can't buy from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru etc. CC limitation. 

Cheapest IMO turn out to be SA, Mexico, sometimes Poland or sometimes surprisingly, even Japan. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You can't buy from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Peru etc. CC limitation. 

Cheapest IMO turn out to be SA, Mexico, sometimes Poland or sometimes surprisingly, even Japan. 

That's weird. Tried some time ago and my visa debit card worked on the Argentinian store. They don't take PayPal as that would be the safer and better option.

14 minutes ago, Aloy said:

That's weird. Tried some time ago and my visa debit card worked on the Argentinian store. They don't take PayPal as that would be the safer and better option.

Oh nice. Will try with mine too. It didn't work last I tried few months ago. 

10 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Go for switch oled or wait for switch pro?

Would love to get the switch once major backlogs from other consoles are done, probably during this year

No info on Pro. Just rumors, same thing for the past 3-4 years. 

OLED is worth it just for the beautiful screen, but if you're primarily going to use docked, save some and get the non OLED version. 

I highly recommend OLED though. Gives a new lease of life to old games. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Go for switch oled or wait for switch pro?

Would love to get the switch once major backlogs from other consoles are done, probably during this year

Is been 5 years since Switch launched don’t think we are going to get mid cycle upgrade (so called switch pro).

We should start seeing rumours of a proper next gen nintendo console now. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I wonder how much money they're losing by having a hybrid system instead of 2 systems like wii and ds. 

The sales would be divided if they made 2 systems. Currently those who want dedicated handheld also pickup a switch.

Plus creating double the games, cutting game sales in half. Seems a hybrid console was smart.

18 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

The sales would be divided if they made 2 systems. Currently those who want dedicated handheld also pickup a switch.

Plus creating double the games, cutting game sales in half. Seems a hybrid console was smart.

Yeah that's true. The game output is still the same so they probably make more money on games.