Official Nintendo Switch Thread

I finally bought Nintendo Switch OLED ? ordered today

Problem is that I have ₹6k credit with Gameloot and I want to buy Switch games with that. BotW and Mario Odyssey were my top choices but both out of stock. Metroid Dread and Luigi Mansion 3 are also not available. I’ve signed up for a notification when they are back in stock.

Any other suggestions for games on Gameloot or F2P games on Switch? I know Fall Guys is F2P

also, any starter tips for new Switch owners?? There might be already an earlier post on starter tips, please quote them for me, thanks!

17 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Problem is that I have ₹6k credit with Gameloot and I want to buy Switch games with that. BotW and Mario Odyssey were my top choices but both out of stock. Metroid Dread and Luigi Mansion 3 are also not available. I’ve signed up for a notification when they are back in stock.

Any other suggestions for games on Gameloot or F2P games on Switch? I know Fall Guys is F2P

also, any starter tips for new Switch owners?? There might be already an earlier post on starter tips, please quote them for me, thanks!

Smash bros ultimate is pretty good.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Bayo 1/2

Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury

Super Mario 3D All Stars

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Kirby and the Forgotten Land

Super Mario Maker 2

Astral Chain

Link's Awakening

Pikmin

Splatoon

Captain Toad

NSMBU Deluxe

Warioware

Animal Crossing

Xenoblade

etc etc...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

BoTW should keep you busy for a month or two :P

General tips - Buy a good quality case that also has space to store game cards. 

Buy Spigen tempered glass for OLED switch. It’s pretty much mandatory for some piece of mind. 

Also, try to avoid playing in dock mode as much as possible. Handheld is 100 times better.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Buy Spigen tempered glass for OLED switch. It’s pretty much mandatory for some piece of mind. 

Also, try to avoid playing in dock mode as much as possible. Handheld is 100 times better.  

Not on xeno. Those are unplayable in handheld mode.

55 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Thanks!

On 7/30/2022 at 7:33 PM, Vamos said:

Why?

Docked mode is so awesome. In many cases - docked mode actually increases your FPS and Resolution. Even on a big 4k TV - docked mode looks really great. Not to mention, Switch also really takes advantage of your Sound system - and the sound from speakers is awesome, far better than the sad speakers Nintendo comes equipped with.

@0verlord Congratz on your Switch. Some tips - Get the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller ASAP (The original version, don't get knock-offs). The Pro Controller is one of the best controllers in the entire gaming industry period. It helps tremendously while playing in docked mode as well (And Dock Mode should not be missed). It's far better then the default Joycons that the Switch comes with. If you do get the Pro Controller and play with it in Docked mode - be sure to remove the Joycons and only put the main Switch Screen in the Dock.

As for games - I would have suggested Zelda:BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey, but you said both are not available. If you can tell your favorite genres, then I can recommend better.

In other news, I'm playing Live A Live, and it's an absolutely amazing game. The Remake is simply Mind-Blowing and I love the HD-2D. It's really great of SE to invent this engine. It's also really great that Nintendo is bringing back these old IPs that many people did not even know existed - but are now finding out it's an easy 90+ game. Music and graphics are absolutely awesome, and Gameplay is really fun - especially since the Gameplay in each route changes, and each has a very unique gimmick.

I've finished the Caveman (Pre-historic) Period, Imperial China Period and Edo Japan Time Period till now. Absolutely loved all 3. Especially loved how China felt like a proper Kung Fu Movie (Could pass for an 80s Bruce Lee Movie), Japan felt like a proper Ninja Game and Pre-history was just too funny with a ton of incredible cute and comedic movements. The game also forced me to care for the characters in all routes till now (Other than Japan, where the MC, Villain and everyone else was just wooden) On to the American Wild West Time Period now

Routes Pkayed Till Now (and about to start):

live-a-live-prehistory-crafting-guide-2-

uaenx8lsw8e91.jpg

fa849gxrw8e91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

To Start:

Wild West

live-a-live-wild-west-traps-list-guide.j

I would highly encourage you guys to give this game a try!!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Why?

Docked mode is so awesome. In many cases - docked mode actually increases your FPS and Resolution. Even on a big 4k TV - docked mode looks really great. Not to mention, Switch also really takes advantage of your Sound system - and the sound from speakers is awesome, far better than the sad speakers Nintendo comes equipped with.

@0verlord Congratz on your Switch. Some tips - Get the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller ASAP (The original version, don't get knock-offs). The Pro Controller is one of the best controllers in the entire gaming industry period. It helps tremendously while playing in docked mode as well (And Dock Mode should not be missed). It's far better then the default Joycons that the Switch comes with. If you do get the Pro Controller and play with it in Docked mode - be sure to remove the Joycons and only put the main Switch Screen in the Dock.

As for games - I would have suggested Zelda:BOTW and Super Mario Odyssey, but you said both are not available. If you can tell your favorite genres, then I can recommend better.

In other news, I'm playing Live A Live, and it's an absolutely amazing game. The Remake is simply Mind-Blowing and I love the HD-2D. It's really great of SE to invent this engine. It's also really great that Nintendo is bringing back these old IPs that many people did not even know existed - but are now finding out it's an easy 90+ game. Music and graphics are absolutely awesome, and Gameplay is really fun - especially since the Gameplay in each route changes, and each has a very unique gimmick.

I've finished the Caveman (Pre-historic) Period, Imperial China Period and Edo Japan Time Period till now. Absolutely loved all 3. Especially loved how China felt like a proper Kung Fu Movie (Could pass for an 80s Bruce Lee Movie), Japan felt like a proper Ninja Game and Pre-history was just too funny with a ton of incredible cute and comedic movements. The game also forced me to care for the characters in all routes till now (Other than Japan, where the MC, Villain and everyone else was just wooden) On to the American Wild West Time Period now

Routes Pkayed Till Now (and about to start):

live-a-live-prehistory-crafting-guide-2-

uaenx8lsw8e91.jpg

fa849gxrw8e91.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

To Start:

Wild West

live-a-live-wild-west-traps-list-guide.j

I would highly encourage you guys to give this game a try!!!!

I bought smash ultimate to start with, I'll also play fall guys. 

I don't have any genre preference, I just want to experience what Nintendo game are all about - currently have a lot of fatigue of PS5 and XSX games. I am concurrently playing GotG and Elden Ring now

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

Why?

I guess it’s a personal preference. I’ve never had any real need to play on TV. 

In fact, my dock remained in its original packaging inside the box until recently. Took it out for the first time when I wanted to try Ringfit :P

19 hours ago, Vamos said:

I guess it’s a personal preference. I’ve never had any real need to play on TV. 

In fact, my dock remained in its original packaging inside the box until recently. Took it out for the first time when I wanted to try Ringfit :P

Ah, if you've never even tried it - then I can safely say that you've missed out. Games look awesome on the TV, even big ones. Also, many games even get Performance Advantages while docked. Some games, of course, are to be played in Handheld (Like Pokemon Go or The World Ends With You Remix), but many games are really great when docked.

21 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I bought smash ultimate to start with, I'll also play fall guys. 

I don't have any genre preference, I just want to experience what Nintendo game are all about - currently have a lot of fatigue of PS5 and XSX games. I am concurrently playing GotG and Elden Ring now

OK, so I'll tell some from various genres. First of course is Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. You can't even experience what Nintendo is about if you've not played those. Especially Super Mario Odyssey - that will literally bring the love for gaming that you had in childhood back to you (In simpler times, with really innovative gameplay not caring about graphics, set pieces and what not). Otherwise -

1) Bayonetta 1+2 (Action, especially if you like games like Devil May Cry)

2) Metroid Dread (Side Scroller/Metroidvania)

3) Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Chill out game/Very Addictive)

4) Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (MP/Co-op Racer)

5) Luigi's Mansion 3 (Action Adventure SP and MP)

6) Xenoblade Chronicles Series (JRPG/Sci-Fi/Story Heavy/Gameplay not for everyone though)

7) Live A Live (Retro/JRPG/Amazing Story)

8) Fire Emblem Three Houses (Tactical RPG/Amazing Story)

9) Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Musou or Dynasty Warriors Type Game/ Great Story/To be played only after Fire Emblem Three Houses)

10) Switch Sports (Sequel To Wii Sports/Fun with Family & Friends)

11) Pokemon Sword and Shield+ Pokemon Legends: Arceus (JRPG/Very nice Pokemon Games/Great MP)

12) Splatoon 2 (MP and Co-Op)

13) Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Fun Platformer)

14) Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak (Sequel to Monster Hunter World, playonly if you liked MH: World)

15) Triangl  Strategy (Tactical Game/Very nice story and decisions matter)

That's it for now I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Ah, if you've never even tried it - then I can safely say that you've missed out. Games look awesome on the TV, even big ones. Also, many games even get Performance Advantages while docked. Some games, of course, are to be played in Handheld (Like Pokemon Go or The World Ends With You Remix), but many games are really great when docked.

OK, so I'll tell some from various genres. First of course is Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey. You can't even experience what Nintendo is about if you've not played those. Especially Super Mario Odyssey - that will literally bring the love for gaming that you had in childhood back to you (In simpler times, with really innovative gameplay not caring about graphics, set pieces and what not). Otherwise -

6) Xenoblade Chronicles Series (JRPG/Sci-Fi/Story Heavy/Gameplay not for everyone though)

9) Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Musou or Dynasty Warriors Type Game/ Great Story/To be played only after Fire Emblem Three Houses)

11) Pokemon Sword and Shield+ Pokemon Legends: Arceus (JRPG/Very nice Pokemon Games/Great MP)

14) Monster Hunter Rise + Sunbreak (Sequel to Monster Hunter World, playonly if you liked MH: World)

That's it for now I guess.

Thanks a ton! I have noted the list. I have also sourced Mario Odyssey yesterday. Hyped! 

47 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Thanks a ton! I have noted the list. I have also sourced Mario Odyssey yesterday. Hyped! 

Grab any Metroid game you can find on system. Except 1 and 2 which are quiet old. 

Super Metroid is just :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, roun90 said:

That's it for a year or two I guess.

Fixed :)

Also i would add Donkey Kong Tropical freeze to the above list . An absolutely amazing platformer . 

@Overlord Also regarding Bayo 1&2 - it's the only game from the above list one has to buy a new copy. You get digital download code for Bayo1 when you buy Bayo2 Physical cartridge. And you need  UK region account to redeem code .

Rest all you can buy pre-owned 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Krazyniks said:

Fixed :)

Also i would add Donkey Kong Tropical freeze to the above list . An absolutely amazing platformer . 

@Overlord Also regarding Bayo 1&2 - it's the only game from the above list one has to buy a new copy. You get digital download code for Bayo1 when you buy Bayo2 Physical cartridge. And you need  UK region account to redeem code .

Rest all you can buy pre-owned 

I bought Bayonetta 1 on PS, will play 2 on Switch after 1

Anybody playing Xenoblade Chronicles 3? I was looking at Cohh playing this and the combat seems to be very MMOesque where you can basically be afk. Thats kind of offputting because the combat was appreciated in all the reviews. I was thinking of getting this but now I think I will spend the money on Cult of the Lamb.