Official Nintendo Switch Thread

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

Not olx. There are multiple switch focussed whatsapp groups. PM me your number ill get you added in one of them, people keep posting good deals.

Add me too kind sir. I think I need a switch since I'm barely at home and hence no gaming on PS5 :unsure: 

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

Only use the state and ZIP Code that doesn't have that tax

Google shows these states that don't have sales tax right now - Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon 

just checked a Montana pincode and no tax 

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

@0verlord Best bet is to just buy Nintendo Eshop $ Codes from 3rd party sites and redeem it. You can get Digital Codes instantly. That's what I do.

Also, if you've made a US account - be sure to first check for a list of states that doesn't have Sales Tax on Digital Goods. Only use the state and ZIP Code that doesn't have that tax. Otherwise, if you put in a random state, you might be stuck paying Sales Tax for a foreign country that you don't have to. Generally, the more popular states like New York and all do have Sales Tax, while a no name state like Ohio might not.

Most people say that South Africa store is the cheapest. But I personally use the USA Store for Digital Purchases.

Do you get eshop codes at discounted rates from somewhere? 

@0verlord Oh I forgot something. Whenever you buy a Nintendo Switch Game - you will get 5% of the amount spent as Gold Points (Digital) or 1% of Game cost as Gold Points (Physical). If it's a digital purchase, the Gold Points are added automatically. If it's a physical purchase -

1) Insert The Game Card/Cartridge into the system

2) Go to the Game Icon and Press the + Button

3) Go to "My Nintendo Rewards Program"

4) Select "Earn Gold Points (Game Card Version Only"

5) Select the Profile for which you want to receive the Points

6) Select "Earn Points for this Software"

7) Select OK

It's best to do this as soon as you get your Game Cartridge because you can only redeem Gold Points in the first year.

Every 100 Gold Points = $1. So you can use it for e-shop purchases, discounts etc. If you get 6000 Gold Points, you can even redeem it for a full price $60 Game on the E-shop. So don't forget to do this.

See links below for more help (Including Purchase cost to Gold Point Conversion Ratio in various countries) -

https://www.imore.com/how-redeem-gold-points-nintendo-switch

https://www.imore.com/how-link-your-nintendo-network-id-your-nintendo-account-nintendo-switch

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28423/~/how-much-are-my-nintendo-gold-points-worth-towards-digital-purchases%3F

2 hours ago, 0verlord said:

I was browsing eshop and found control ultimate edition and hitman 3 cloud editions both free. These are demos right? How do you actually purchase them?

I would say avoid games that require Streaming. As such both games you mentioned (Control and Hitman) are not games meant to be played on the Switch, and have even come to other services like PS+ or GP for free. But more than that - we are not actually in the US. Servers and latency will be a huge concern and will severely hamper your gameplay experience. Avoid would be my advice at least

16 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Do you get eshop codes at discounted rates from somewhere? 

No, I've not found a discounted rate code yet. But I get code pretty much cost to cost ($20 = $20 give or take some 20-50 Rs here and there) from trustworthy sites.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

2) Go to the Game Icon and Press the + Button

3) Go to "My Nintendo Rewards Program"

4) Select "Earn Gold Points (Game Card Version Only"

5) Select the Profile for which you want to receive the Points

6) Select "Earn Points for this Software"

7) Select OK

yes, I noticed this while messing around the menus. Thanks for detailed tips!

2 hours ago, Vaibhavp said:

You wanna stream them?

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

I would say avoid games that require Streaming.

don't want to really play by streaming them on Switch, I have played Control UE on XSX and installed Hitman trilogy Gamepass for playing on XSX. Was just looking to play something on Switch like a demo as I haven't received my 3 game cartridges yet  

31 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

yes, I noticed this while messing around the menus. Thanks for detailed tips!

don't want to really play by streaming them on Switch, I have played Control UE on XSX and installed Hitman trilogy Gamepass for playing on XSX. Was just looking to play something on Switch like a demo as I haven't received my 3 game cartridges yet  

If this is your first Nintendo console, look into their retro library. I don't know what all is available on Switch but some of their historically important titles are must play.

Start with Super Metroid, LOZ A Link to the Past, Super Mario World, one game each from their top 3 franchises.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, 0verlord said:

For gold points from cartridges, if you have a pre-owned game, I think any number of users will be able to get the points till one year of creation of cartridge right? Or does it work some other way?

I think, once it is redeemed by someone, it is gone.

Edited by R3D_D3ViL

On 8/3/2022 at 5:52 PM, playstationdude said:

Not olx. There are multiple switch focussed whatsapp groups. PM me your number ill get you added in one of them, people keep posting good deals.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:33 PM, Snake said:

But from where, don't say OLX. 99% of people there are massive wankers and waste your time

Since you don't plan to play on TV then better to buy a Switch lite from one of the above groups.  You can easily get it around 10/11k in good condition. Switch lite being smaller in easier to carry . Just make sure to confirm there's no joycon drift (ask for video of game running without any input from user) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Bought the holy trinity of Switch games :wOOtjumpy:

in which order should I play?

4Uwn7Xx.jpg

In my opinion - Start with Super Mario Odyssey. The game can be really short or really long depending on how you want it to be. The gameplay is really innovative. If you just want to complete the story - the required number of stars in each world can be acquired very fast. But if you want to play the game properly, there are tons and tons of challenges, rewards and stars that are really hard to get. If you are going from a completionist perspective - you will be playing this game until next year maybe.

Zelda:BOTW will keep you until next year or maybe even more. The sheer scope of exploration, the joy of finding each towers and doing puzzles, getting new powers, equipment etc. is simply unmatched. You can inter-change between Mario and Zeldabecause one alone might over-saturate you.

Smash Bros is something you should play and see if it works for you tbqh. This is a fighting game, but with a twist. There is no health bar. Aim of the game is to keep pushing the opponent out of the arena (Higher % Damage makes it easier) . Ever character is completely different (Not just combos, their base gameplay itself is different). You will have to try it out.

In fact, all 3 games are so different that you can play all 3 at the same time (As your mood suits you). None of the 3 are story focused games. Just try what you like and go ahead with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, 0verlord said:

Bought the holy trinity of Switch games :wOOtjumpy:

in which order should I play?

I started Botw a year ago and yet complete the final boss, after putting in around 60 hours. :giggle:

Don’t rush it. Go where the wind blows. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vamos said:

I started Botw a year ago and yet complete the final boss, after putting in around 60 hours. :giggle:

Don’t rush it. Go where the wind blows. 

60hrs ain't all that much. Howlongtobeat.com shows it at 50 hrs just for main campaign.

I put 50+ in Immortals Fenyx Rising recently. Wouldn't call it a massive game. 

It should offer 100+.

2 hours ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Botw is pretty f**king awesome. But the magic is definitely diminished by Elden Ring being better in pretty much every way. Tbf Elden Ring couldn’t have existed without Botw but it is what it is.

Bro the verticality in BOTW with the glider is just insane. 

Started the game last week and I am in awe and I am on the last boss in Elden Ring with over 130hrs played.