Official Nintendo Switch Thread

Lol pass.

On 22/09/2017 at 2:20 PM, achilles said:

Any recommendations for a memory card? The 256 gig ones are kinda expensive. 

64GB should be more than good enough. The game sizes are tiny and there's no install for cartridges, so it'd be a while before you fill up internal+card. I have digital Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario+Rabbids, Sonic Mania, plus most of the demos and still 50% of internal is free. 

• Like 1

I have never checked it for switch and used it only for 3DS. But a quick search gave this,

To find your friend code, go to the Nintendo Switch home screen and scroll to the very top where the profile icons are found. Select the icon you want to find the friend code for and it will take you to the profile page. If you’ve linked a Nintendo Account to the profile, the friend code will appear to the right as a series of two letters followed by three sets of four numbers. It should look something like this: AA-1234-1234-1234

So I connected it to the TV for the first time, and OMG does Zelda look good. Playing it on the TV with the included controller thingy was a very good experience, much better than I'd thought. The game felt a lot more fluid too. Does the fps drop when playing in portable mode? Or, more precisely, is there a performance bump when the console is docked?  Also, for the first time, the tablet got warm, appreciably so. 

This is turning out to be a very good purchase. :D

Also, guys, out with your codes :threatenlumber:

Game runs worse in docked mode and drops to 20fps in towns. It's better now than how it was at launch after patches but it still runs worse in docked mode than in portable. Of course it also looks tac sharp in portable mode because of small screen and native resolution, but it's not too bad on big screen either if you prefer that. That art style is simply beautiful on both.

Also you can add people with NNID, no need for codes. Nintendo is not that backwards :P

Yeah, even I felt that TV mode is a better experience w.r.t gameplay, but the sheer convenience and ease of portable mode is hard to ignore. I can be lying on a hammock on my terrace and playing Zelda. That is tough to beat. :D

I'm off to Zora, and it is a bit overwhelming at times, what all this game offers. Also, those electric attacks SUCK. 

What the hell is NNID? Someone, please, get me a goddamn friend on my console, specially since I'd be getting MK8 and Arms pretty soon :P 

Got back into BOTW after a long break. The exploration never stops being rewarding. Also the Hero's path DLC is a godsend. Shows you where you've been on the map. There are so many interesting places on the map that I'm yet to explore.

On 9/30/2017 at 5:14 AM, achilles said:

I'm off to Zora, and it is a bit overwhelming at times, what all this game offers. Also, those electric attacks SUCK. 

There are multiple ways to counter every weakness in the game. There is shock resistance food. Shock resistance clothing etc.

This was my first nintendo/Zelda game as well so I also didn't know what to expect going in. You feel there are quite a few limitations but there are a whole bunch of things that can be done in the world to overcome the limitations that the game doesn't explicitly tell you. Here are some of the things I discovered and you should look for ways to do them (if you haven't already).

Just listing what can be done, not how to do it. They are pretty basic but spoilered just in case you want to be surprised.

Spoiler

- Increasing slots for weapons/shields/bows

- Upgrading your weapons/armor

- Swapping hearts for stamina and vice versa

- Armor sets that make you invincible to elements like ice, fire, shock

- Masks that let you blend in

- Reviving dead horses!

- So many cool things you can do with items you pick up. Try experimenting with different chuchu jellies, octo baloons etc.

On 30/09/2017 at 3:14 PM, achilles said:

Yeah, even I felt that TV mode is a better experience w.r.t gameplay, but the sheer convenience and ease of portable mode is hard to ignore. I can be lying on a hammock on my terrace and playing Zelda. That is tough to beat. :D

What the hell is NNID? Someone, please, get me a goddamn friend on my console, specially since I'd be getting MK8 and Arms pretty soon :P 

Nintendo Network ID, like PSN ID. For eg you can add me with my NNID, which is same as my PSN.

On 10/2/2017 at 7:35 PM, Gautam said:

Got back into BOTW after a long break. The exploration never stops being rewarding. Also the Hero's path DLC is a godsend. Shows you where you've been on the map. There are so many interesting places on the map that I'm yet to explore.

There are multiple ways to counter every weakness in the game. There is shock resistance food. Shock resistance clothing etc.

This was my first nintendo/Zelda game as well so I also didn't know what to expect going in. You feel there are quite a few limitations but there are a whole bunch of things that can be done in the world to overcome the limitations that the game doesn't explicitly tell you. Here are some of the things I discovered and you should look for ways to do them (if you haven't already).

Just listing what can be done, not how to do it. They are pretty basic but spoilered just in case you want to be surprised.

Reveal hidden contents

- Increasing slots for weapons/shields/bows

- Upgrading your weapons/armor

- Swapping hearts for stamina and vice versa

- Armor sets that make you invincible to elements like ice, fire, shock

- Masks that let you blend in

- Reviving dead horses!

- So many cool things you can do with items you pick up. Try experimenting with different chuchu jellies, octo baloons etc.

The exploration sucks you in. I've mostly "wasted" time in Hyrule till now. By shock attacks I meant the lightning strikes that happen from time to time if you're wearing metal. It took me really long to figure this out, and I tried everything from jumping so there's no contact with the ground, to running around and "avoiding" the strike etc. That's a one hit kill. The monsters mostly use shock arrows and they're avoidable just by moving. 

Regarding the hidden content, I knew everything but one. Also, once I complete what I feel is a complex or tough to figure out puzzle or enemy, I like to read up on it and see if there were better or cleverer ways of doing it. Mostly the walkthroughs have a different way of doing the same things, though not necessarily better. Eg: Climbing the Akkala Tower. That was kinda nerve wracking, hiding from those camera guardians.

Spoiler

Finding those Korok seeds is so much fun, and my new fav bit: using stasis or ice rod on monsters :D poor guys. I have the stealth armour set and now stasis, they never see me coming. :lol: 

On 10/3/2017 at 7:31 AM, CarbonCore said:

Nintendo Network ID, like PSN ID. For eg you can add me with my NNID, which is same as my PSN.

Aah. Added. Will you be able to add NNiD field next to PSN here on the left? 

Edit: I don't have a NNID. The F. 

Edited by achilles

Okay, there's no way to back up your game save data? Again, The F?! I just got a memory card and inserted it. The system said it needed to update, and I immediately thought I should first check if my Zelda save data was backed up or not. Not. Checked online, and there's literally no way, online or otherwise, to back up your save data. Jesus. I don't even..

This ish be scary yo. 

@CarbonCore yeah, I couldn't add you because I don't have a NNID, and reading up on it, it seemed too complicated to create one. Added you using the fc.