Official Nintendo Switch Thread

18 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

You are not in india? 

No, bud. 

1 hour ago, adity said:

Welcome to handheld gaming. 

If you like it, then maybe try a 3ds too. 

Only want it for Mario actually. But seeing SKYRIM and DOOM, I'll probably get those as well and never play.  JRPnxlt.png

5 hours ago, NitroNeo said:

How is the warranty handled if the console breaks? Where do we have to go to replace it?

And where is the cex india store located?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

They give you another piece afaik. You have to visit their outlet to avail it. 

Cex is a pan india store with multiple outlets. Try https://in.webuy.com/

Congratulations @KnackChap Enjoy!!

BTW get Super Mario Odyssey as well. It's the best game in the system (Far better than Zelda according to me) and the gameplay innovation is staggering. Some elements (One event in particular) will also kick you in the feels and drag you back to your childhood (if you've ever played one of those NES clones we used to call "TV Video Games).

Also, try TV mode as well. Games like Zelda and SMO are absolutely gorgeous on TV (I was content with HH mode as well, until I saw the TV mode some 1 month later; HH is a blast but TV mode is absolutely gorgeous). Oh and get Pro controller if you play on TV; it's really fun (far better than Joycon with strap mode; Joycon I felt was only useful on HH Mode).

Anyway, enjoy the system and post your impressions later!!

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

played on TV. BOTW looks bloody amazing. and despite being an empty open world it still feels so amazing to explore it. 

It really is quite an experience! As a Zelda fan who was getting tired of the formula, BOTW made me regain my love for the series.

3 hours ago, KnackChap said:

yup. personally the last few games were so so. they werent bad but were very boring imo. this one is GOAT tier. 

Exactly how I felt. Mechanically there was nothing wrong, but they were very formulaic. I've read people saying BOTW isn't Zelda. But for me, it's exactly what the serious needed. The Oot formula was getting long in the tooth. BOTW while being a major shakeup to the series, it preserves the heart and charm.

You see enchanting movies like Lord of the Rings and how the characters travel across the land exploring new and exciting and unknown things. And you sometimes wonder what it would be like to be in the shoes of those characters. This is what Zelda BotW gives you. And that's why it's so freaking awesome. 

15 hours ago, slackerninja said:

Except the game balance is skewed in favour of amiibo use unless you like grinding :)

I played it whole way through and Didn't feel the need for any amiibo.

4 hours ago, waveking said:

Oh man, a WORMS game just dropped on switch. I am a HUGE worms fan so this is pretty much bought. 

I was always fascinated by Worms but never got around playing it. If it wasn't for the steep price, I would've impulse bought it.

3 minutes ago, slackerninja said:

Possibly so. Then again it's just another open-world game in a generation full of them so bound to happen.emoji23.png

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I think BOTW distinguishes itself very well from other open world games. Especially with how they do exploration. Yes, there are towers but climbing them doesn't mark or open up any quests.

You have to go to places to discover and start quests. Even after starting a quest, the location is not marked on the map. You have to actually look at the map, review the quest notes, study the geography and explore to actually get to places. This format wouldn't really work in a run of the mill open world game. It only works because of the care and effort spent on the map and overall world design. Every lake, mountain, valley, pond, forest, bridge is named and the names make sense in the context of the world and the region. And again, you only discover the name when you visit these places.

Have spent about 200 hours (Haven't beaten Ganon) and there's still much to explore.  

Hmm, I also did not feel the need for any Amiibo. I'm trying to explore every square inch of the world so I keep picking up a lot of potions and materials. I have so many pieces of meat that when I run low on health I don't need to cook and I just eat the raw meat for health.

I have put in 150+ hours into the game and have 1 divine beast left and 25% of the map left to uncover.