$127 of import charges over $300 product....It is 42% like i told.

That being said it isn't a bad price for a switch and the console will arrive within a week. My shipments from international Amazon sites have landed in even 3 days sometimes.9e933db32072eaf14f3b39ddfa851b08.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

40 minutes ago, triggr happy ss said:

Thanks will make a new account then.

Also if i purchase from canadian store can i play with my Us account?

Switch is like Xbone when it comes to online regions. No need to make new accounts, just change region from https://accounts.nintendo.com/ 

Also if the card is rejected on US it'll most probably get rejected on Canada as well.

13 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Switch is like Xbone when it comes to online regions. No need to make new accounts, just change region from https://accounts.nintendo.com/ 

Also if the card is rejected on US it'll most probably get rejected on Canada as well.

I am getting a code from amazon Japan.

So to redeem that, shall I just switch current account region to Japan, redeem it, then change it back to Americas?

15 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

In the zip code only 5 digits could be entered and we have 6.

Well Japan has 9 digit zip and my card works there, so its not because of zip, its something else.

19 minutes ago, b!T said:

I am getting a code from amazon Japan.

So to redeem that, shall I just switch current account region to Japan, redeem it, then change it back to Americas?

Yeah basically. No need to change region back to US unless you want to buy something else immediately. 

• Like 1

@blitzkreiig What you are saying is true. But consider the fact that if the console had launched in India, you would still be paying 30-35% as taxes. Add in retailer's margin and it comes to approximately 40-50% anyway. This is why consoles and other electronics are so expensive here. True, you might get warranty if Nintendo launched here. But this is Nintendo. Sometimes, I think they don't even know a country called India exists. So unless you are travelling abroad, or have somebody travelling abroad, you will most likely have to pay appx. 40% more regardless of what you do.

3 hours ago, CarbonCore said:

Btw SMO is about $49.5 on South African eShop, so you can grab it from there if you haven't already.

Thanks for this. So should I just go ahead with my credit card, or would it be better to get a SA eshop card? Where would I get that card from? 

29 minutes ago, achilles said:

Thanks for this. So should I just go ahead with my credit card, or would it be better to get a SA eshop card? Where would I get that card from? 

Go ahead with your cc

Edited by triggr happy ss
  • Like 1

Dang, thanks man CC, both for SMO and

savecoins. Got it, and I will probably get arms too. 

I haven’t switched (heehee) on the PS4 since I’ve got the Switch, except for downloading plus games. 

I’ve been playing Zelda, 1-2 is superb fun in a party, MK8 is fun split screen, and now SMO and Arms. 

This has seriously turned into one amazing purchase. I even like the joy con grip controller. 

The only thing I don’t? The goddamn a-b reversal. Even now, after more than a hundred hours in Zelda, I still press that damn b when I want the horse to go faster. :rant: 

PS: how cool would be a good cricket game on this! 

Edited by achilles

Hey everyone... i'm on the verge of getting a Switch today. Getting Zelda, NBA 2K18 and thinking about Mario + Rabbids Battle and of course, Mario Odyssey tomorrow.

Question: What country should I create my Nintendo account on to buy digital games from (Indian Debit Card, intl. purchases enabled)? USA / Canada / Europe / Hong Kong - does it make a difference

On 10/6/2017 at 8:57 PM, CarbonCore said:

1. Log in to your account on Nintendo website

2. Change your country to Mexico

3. Log out and in on you Switch (since Mexico has no web store).

4. Buy using your credit card

5 ???

6. Profit.

Are all games in general, available on the Mexico store? Are prices better, and do Indian Debit Cards (ICICI, etc) work with International purchases on it enabled?

You can create in any region you want because you can change them later, but US is generally preferred because of English language during signup.

Different store have different prices, but generally SA is cheap for big games and Mexico for some indies.

Mario+Rabbids is available on local amazon btw so no need for digital or grey import.