Official Nintendo Switch Thread

7 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

@Jigsaw

Just :spank: admit :spank: you :spank: got :spank: a :spank: feku :spank:

Abey :lol:

We all got a feku. Learn to live with it. 

Ab toh fw update bhi ho gaya. Unless the fakes accept Ninty official fw updates :lol:

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

9 hours ago, Jupiter said:

Looks pretty legit to me....

Time to call the expert here.

@bowser

Hey thanks for tagging me :) 

9 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

Here bro. No jagged edges. 

PS : the analogs I've put thumb grips on straightaway before that's called out as fake:P

20210223-190914.jpg

I'm sorry to say but your controller is definitely fake. It's as @Bird Bird Bird said, there are no more brand new original special edition controllers available in the market. They were discontinued long back. Any "new" ones you find are definitely fake. Even on Amazon.

There are some issues with the paint job on your controller that tells me it is fake. Here is a screenshot of an original controller taken directly from Nintendo's YouTube channel from the Smash Bros controller announcement.

DM3ryjO.jpg

First take a look at the parts circled in red. In the original one, there is a clear boundary for the white paint around the plus and minus buttons. There is a small recess around the button and the paint does not extend into that. However, on yours part of the recess is also painted. You cannot put this down to manufacturing error. These things are made on an assembly line and they are all exactly the same with zero differences.

Next, look at the parts circled in green. On the original the paint job is razor sharp at the corners. But yours is not as sharp. Especially the corner next to the d-pad is clearly round and not sharp.

How much did you pay for this and from where did you get it? You should return it and get your money back ASAP.

These fake pro controllers are getting better and better every day and it's a becoming a big nuisance. It's becoming very difficult to spot a fake just by visual inspection. All the functionalities like NFC, wake up button, even HD rumble are getting copied. I think the Chinese are browsing forums like this and using this feedback to improve the knockoffs lol.

Can you share a clear pic of the Nintendo logo on the USB-C charging cable that came with this controller?

Link to video:

Edited by bowser
  • Like 3

Maybe it was one of the official imports that was sitting on the shelves all this while because of how expensive they were.

@Jigsaw see if it says this on the box

XyMGr8F.jpg

This was the last and only date of import. They stopped making those in JP and no imports after that.

16 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Maybe it was one of the official imports that was sitting on the shelves all this while because of how expensive they were.

@Jigsaw see if it says this on the box

XyMGr8F.jpg

This was the last and only date of import. They stopped making those in JP and no imports after that.

Yeah bro i had it bought down by brother in law from a physical store in Detroit. He smashed the packaging in transit but there's no month/year sticker label on the box. Also the pic you put is white? Both the pro cons i have, have always had the typical ninty red packaging. 

And today morning I could see the Thx2 all gamefans in sun light. 

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Yeah bro i had it bought down by brother in law from a physical store in Detroit. He smashed the packaging in transit but there's no month/year sticker label on the box. Also the pic you put is white? Both the pro cons i have, have always had the typical ninty red packaging. 

Nice, now buy a lottery ticket before your luck runs out :P

The box is red on top but sides have the theme of the controller. Smash one is black, Splatoon has squids and normal one is white.

Just now, CarbonCore said:

Nice, now buy a lottery ticket before your luck runs out :P

The box is red on top but sides have the theme of the controller. Smash one is black, Splatoon has squids and normal one is white.

Jab tak chala tab tak chala :lol:

He's not going back home anytime soon. Kuch nahi toh my itch since the past 2 years of owning at least 1 special edition pro con is now itched. 

30 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I live in the US and I see tons of these fake controllers everywhere. US market is flooded with them and they're all in Japanese packaging. Over here only the ones in English packaging are legit and everything else is fake. I myself bought a Xenoblade edition in Jap packaging and returned it because it was fake.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Jupiter said:

Plot thickens... Only one way to find out.

Jigsaw bhai, please do the honours:

Hide contents

61DhfZjLirL._SX679_.jpg

Lol noooo :lol:

I'll do one thing. I'll order one off amazon India and see how that turns out. If that also is a fake then seedha replacement. 

This one I dunno how many months later the shop will accept a return in the US. I can ask him to see if he can file a merchant dispute if possible with his card provider. 

19 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

Just be safe and grab SN30 Pro+, they're superior to Pro controllers anyway.

Thanks bhau. That looks cool and so much cheaper. Any drawbacks like not being able to put the docked console to sleep or unable to wake it up? Mine is docked 24x7

23 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Thanks bhau. That looks cool and so much cheaper. Any drawbacks like not being able to put the docked console to sleep or unable to wake it up? Mine is docked 24x7

You can put it to sleep but not wake up. You can use one of your fake Pro controllers to wake it up :P

Its also symmetrical sticks like PS but that doesn't bother most people. And the vibration is simpler version and no NFC.  

• Thanks 1