Yakuza 0

Shadoken

I’ve never attempted any disco song on medium or hard difficulty. Can you guys tell me what changes in those difficulty levels? Also, do you need to play at hard level to defeat Ogita or Isobe? Can you do that at easy?

Just now, majima said:

I’ve never attempted any disco song on medium or hard difficulty. Can you guys tell me what changes in those difficulty levels? Also, do you need to play at hard level to defeat Ogita or Isobe? Can you do that at easy?

Hard songs start out with a few simple single or dual button prompts, but gets progressively faster and adds at least 4-5 subsequent button prompts in a row. So you're rhythm needs to be spot on to match them. You don't need to beat any story/substory related opponents on this or even Medium difficulty. You can beat everyone on easy too. 

However, the reason you might want to pick Hard is because the A.I for these 2 characters (Isobe & Ogita) are notoriously God like on Easy & Medium. They can blaze all over the dance floor and beat you almost every time. On hard, they have a chance to mess up the combos and/or Fever time, so you can use that to your advantage. The only issue with this mini-game is that you need constant practice, if you're not good at Rhythm based games, like me. 

Anyway, my top 3 tracks till now:

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, majima said:

Thanks, @Ethan_Hunt. I’ll practice disco on medium and hard modes (if nothing else then for the CP). :)

Start with hard, you'll get better with each session. Once you conquer that, Medium & Easy would be piece of cake.

Just finished all sub-stories and got the trophy. 

It's ironic that the hardest boss fights in this game were the final 2 sub-story secret bosses for Majima & Kiryu. Insanely difficult to beat using melee combat even on Normal difficulty. Thank God for the zap gun. :P 

2 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Start with hard, you'll get better with each session. Once you conquer that, Medium & Easy would be piece of cake.

Just finished all sub-stories and got the trophy. 

It's ironic that the hardest boss fights in this game were the final 2 sub-story secret bosses for Majima & Kiryu. Insanely difficult to beat using melee combat even on Normal difficulty. Thank God for the zap gun. :P 

I was just going to ask how you're gaming in the middle of the day before realising that it's a holiday for normal folks. Brb gotta mop my tears off the office floor. :wallbash:

Congrats, I'll be playing this tonight and will try what you suggested for disco.

Just now, majima said:

I was just going to ask how you're gaming in the middle of the day before realising that it's a holiday for normal folks. Brb gotta mop my tears off the office floor. :wallbash:

Congrats, I'll be playing this tonight and will try what you suggested for disco.

Not really mate. I'm just leaving for office in a few minutes. Will take a compensatory off later  for this day. 

Let me know how your session goes. I'm going to probably look at the Karaoke mini-game after this.  

2 hours ago, majima said:

Tried some 20 times and failed to beat Isobe. :( Going to practice that Disco Queen song till I can score over 7000 each time. Right now my high score is 6920. 

That's a very good score. Keep trying, she's bound to mess up at least a few times.

• Thanks 1

That one’s hilarious too. :D 

Going to spend a few hours levelling up my platinum hostesses today. I have one at 29 and the rest between 15 and 22. Going to take on Club Moon today. Does anyone have any tips? 

I know now that you need to level up platinum hostesses above 30 and you need more fans in the area. I want to know what Moon customers prefer — sexy, beauty, cute, or funny (looks)? And do you need more of talk, love, party, or skill? 

Finally, what was your lineup when you won the battle. 

2 hours ago, majima said:

That one’s hilarious too. :D 

Going to spend a few hours levelling up my platinum hostesses today. I have one at 29 and the rest between 15 and 22. Going to take on Club Moon today. Does anyone have any tips? 

I know now that you need to level up platinum hostesses above 30 and you need more fans in the area. I want to know what Moon customers prefer — sexy, beauty, cute, or funny (looks)? And do you need more of talk, love, party, or skill? 

Finally, what was your lineup when you won the battle. 

For me, I thought I was over-level when I went into the battle with Club Moon the first time and got my arse handed to me. Decided to then Max out my Platinum hostesses and Gold ones too and wiped the floor with him in the end.

The problem with this battle is that the opponent will constantly hit his special ability which will take away all your customers who aren't extremely happy. Not just that, but it also cuts down your hostesses HP immensely. So the only way to get a head start is to hit fever time constantly when it's full. The only way you can achieve that is my assigning the correct hostess to the Mega-Rich customers and having that uber-happy smiley up. 

Also, don't keep rewarding the hostess at each session, unless they are low on HP. This battle is all about raking in the maximum profit, so try to minimize some of the add-on costs like expensive gifts to customers and so on.

As for the preference, I think Party, Love & Skill are most demanded along with some customers who prefer certain hostesses frequently. It's random, so don't rely on it. They would all be Mega-Rich customers so keep leveling up your hostesses prior to the battle with the same club.

Last, but not least, make sure all of them are well rested prior to the battle and have a save point ready to revert in case you want to try again. 

This was my line-up:

https://twitter.com/agentradspencer/status/980320807904673793

• Thanks 1

Oh and here's my Isobe lousy attempt video:

and also just beat 24 Hour Cinderella with Majima:

1 hour ago, Monokuma said:

This is why I love Yakuza emoji16.pngemoji16.png

Oh asbolutely! This is a Japanese game through and through. :P 

OH. MY. GOD. Mad Dog of Shimano is the BEST fighting style out there. The Cabaret storyline was well worth finishing. Unbelievable. 

I defeated Moon on my first attempt with none of the platinum hostesses maxed out. Had about 25k fans in Moon area and one Platinum at level 28 with rest above 30. Wasn’t too difficult — I had some 90 million in sales and the other guy was at 55 mil. 

And with that I’m calling it quits for now. Got a tonne of other games to play and can’t spend anymore time on this mind blowing genius of a game. Wish I could take a month off just to play this game. Insane, insane game overall. I’ve spent 98 hours in this with 72 percent completion. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, majima said:

@Ethan_Hunt Just saw your Isobe attempt. I've never had her scoring 5600. The lowest she's scored has been 6500 in my runs, so just poor RNG luck I guess.

Yep. When I re-watched the video, I was shocked to see her missing so many fever time prompts. All her other attempts were easily over 7000 and my personal best was around 7200 or so, which was an attempt I missed beating her by just 100 points due to some random input lag. :(

Heading off to the batting cages trying to score 5 million on the baseball mini-game. Now this is another tough timing based mini game. I actually started enjoying pool. Don't know how I would even tackle those shoggi, mahjong etc :P

I'm toggling between this and Batman The enemy within. So keeps it from being repetitive and annoying. 

I didn’t even bother with Shogi and Mahjong. Just too complicated. 

I still don’t understand how pool works. I played a game with one hostess and she sunk seven of nine balls, had greater accuracy, and one foul (I had zero). Still somehow I won. Maybe ball 6 and 9 have much higher weightage than the first few? Not sure really. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed this master piece. That sad music at the end sums up my feeling about majima.... Damn! I love that guy. I've not played any other Yakuza game (will play all) and I hope I'll see this crazy maniac more...playing as majima in yakuza is all I want. 

Edited by kaka_messi