Yakuza 0

Shadoken

16 hours ago, roun90 said:

Not just the theme. The entire scene and dialogue was amazing!!

HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TEACH YOU A LESSON OLD MAN!!!!!?????

7 hours ago, Snake said:

HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO TEACH YOU A LESSON OLD MAN!!!!!?????

"This Yakuza Game is not like Boxing. There are no K.Os. A finger or two - doesn't mean sh*t. Beaten to Captain's spot - Couldn't give a f**k. As long as I'm alive, I'll always get back up for more. Which is why you - a half a*s like you is the one thing I can't stand"

Man that entire scene was something else

(Dialogue taken from YT vid to refresh memory :P)

• 4 months later...
Any tips for beating Mr Shakedown? He hands me my a*s every single time. 

Also is there no quit to menu button? I have to alt+f4 out of the game to quit. 
Stock up on lots of heat generating items. Take a weapon like baseball bat (you need to take this for kiryu, majima already has a style with the baseball bat) drink to increase your heat as soon as the battle starts, hit him with the baseball heat move, it will do a lot of damage. Once he gets up drink again and again do the heat move. Keep doing this and he will be in a stunlock mode.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Just finished this game mains story. Amazing. Loved the story so much. I thought I finished quite a bit of content but came to only 29% :lol: 

If I had more time on my hands I would definitely continue the game and do the business stuff and minigames. So much fun. So many items to find and sh*t. There's so much to do. 

Will definitely play Yakuza Kiwami some time in the future. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Whats up with this game? I have 3 hours of play time and yet have spent more time waking up the controller and pressing A than actual gameplay. Is it like this for all Yakuza games? 

Only in the beginning. Up to Chapter 3/4 (I think) Yakuza 0 will open up and you can explore the map fully, with tons of activities. Then as you progress more, you will unlock even more activities and even a 2nd explore-able city with it's own activities and side quests. And by content, I mean tons and tons of content. You will soon be able to spend 100s of hours without even touching the main story. The side content will also have their own goals and their own stories as well. But the main story is excellent  - maybe one of the best in gaming.

Yakuza 0 has a stunning story, and some of the best characters. So in the beginning they have to set it up. So in the initial chapters, cutscenes are more and exploration is purposely limited. Just get through it. Believe me, the payoff is well worth it.

Edited by roun90

14 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Whats up with this game? I have 3 hours of play time and yet have spent more time waking up the controller and pressing A than actual gameplay. Is it like this for all Yakuza games? 

I'm assuming you're talking about long cutscenes. There's a lot at the beginning setting up the story and characters. 

40 minutes ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Dont let the cutscenes put you off. Its one of the best games ever made.

Do any one of the fighting stances have an advantage over the other? Like, is it possible to play the whole game through one system or I need to keep spending on upgrading all 3 simultaneously as different enemy types will require different stances?  

21 hours ago, WhatsInTheName said:

Do any one of the fighting stances have an advantage over the other? Like, is it possible to play the whole game through one system or I need to keep spending on upgrading all 3 simultaneously as different enemy types will require different stances?  

For Kiryu, Rush style is what I enjoyed the most. I love fluid movements and with the staggering amount of punches it can throw in a short span of time and dodge out; gave me a lot of room to move around. I went with upgrading it and then progressing to Beast style. Eventually, you'll have more enough Yen to upgrade almost every style. This game throws money at you unlike any other Yakuza game. You literally have money falling out of enemies as you hit 'em. :P 

Don't worry about upgrading one specific style, just explore the game, it's sub stories and get used to the way things are structured in this game. It has a small but contained world dense with a lot of activities. I'd suggest you explore it and partake in most of them. There is a deep narrative to it's main story, so those long cutscenes will pay off big time in the end, I guarantee this. 

• Like 1