Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

52 minutes ago, adity said:

The free games are obviously great but the game specific bonuses aren't really anything to talk about. The game showers you with money and items unlike ubilol games. So, those bonuses are close to worthless if you ask me. 

Great game though. However I'd recommend you to wait for launch and see if its a good port. 

I don't care about the free games as I have them already. Thank you for the feedback, I am so waiting for this game. Rockstar did an awesome job in GTA V PC port, one of the best considering the complexity of the game - which was good learning curve for them, logically they should not drop ball on this one. I am waiting for physical preorder to see what it comes with.

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 for PC will also be available to purchase on Steam this December.

Good time to play during Christmas on Steam. ?

This made my day, I was certain that RDR2 is coming on PC but afraid it's gonna be exclusive to their launcher. 

Awesome news, definitely getting this on STEAM. December isn't so far. Let's see the system requirements. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, kemosabe said:

Rockstar did an awesome job in GTA V PC port, one of the best considering the complexity of the game - which was good learning curve for them, logically they should not drop ball on this one.

I was following the news for any PC update and i read that they were hiring new technicians for the PC port, R* games on PC'S are generally polished. If they can give this amout of details on base Xbox one and PS4 then I'm sure they're going to do wonders on PC. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC, gross margin per store:

Rockstar Launcher: 95% 
Epic Games Store: 88%
Steam: 70%

The simple explanation for why RDR2 PC launches on Steam one month later and the reason why more mega publishers are pushing customers to their own store/Epic over Steam.

This on top of millions that epic is throwing at publishers to put the game on their store.

12 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Dat bank robbery mission in glorious 60 FPS with M/KB aim, cant wait. And ofcourse this kickass track.

Yes! Now I feel like playing it on PC all over again, it was so good! Though I was hoping for some story mode DLC when they announced the PC port.

50 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 PC, gross margin per store:

Rockstar Launcher: 95% 
Epic Games Store: 88%
Steam: 70%

The simple explanation for why RDR2 PC launches on Steam one month later and the reason why more mega publishers are pushing customers to their own store/Epic over Steam.

This on top of millions that epic is throwing at publishers to put the game on their store.

Steam margin will be 80% 

It'll cross that 10mil revenue share threshold within minutes. So for 8% R* wouldn't want to loose millions of copies sold on STEAM. Plus the PC market is huge for R* games, GTA V is generating maddening revenue for them. All comes from STEAM.

Not to mention the services, lol.

epic is offering competitive rates for now because they need publishers and games to come to their platform - not out of any fairness principles. if they manage to sink their teeth in properly - i will not be that surprised if they increase their share to be something closer to steam after a few years. if they were offering the same rate (right now) and not throwing money at the publishers - not a single 3rd party game would be exclusive for their platform.

Edited by hitman02in
  • Like 1

With RDR 2 also coming in November, I now don’t know how Doom Eternal will perform? Earlier, was thinking that Doom would have its place easily in November, but with this year’s COD looking good and now RDR 2 coming on PC, Doom eternal might be sidelined..

2 hours ago, stingray said:

With RDR 2 also coming in November, I now don’t know how Doom Eternal will perform? Earlier, was thinking that Doom would have its place easily in November, but with this year’s COD looking good and now RDR 2 coming on PC, Doom eternal might be sidelined..

Doom will do well on consoles though, as most console owners are probably done with RDR2 by now. On PC sales might be hit cause Pc gamers are usually enthusiasts.

2 hours ago, stingray said:

Doom will do well on consoles though, as most console owners are probably done with RDR2 by now. On PC sales might be hit cause Pc gamers are usually enthusiasts.

14 hours ago, hitman02in said:

epic is offering competitive rates for now because they need publishers and games to come to their platform - not out of any fairness principles. if they manage to sink their teeth in properly - i will not be that surprised if they increase their share to be something closer to steam after a few years. if they were offering the same rate (right now) and not throwing money at the publishers - not a single 3rd party game would be exclusive for their platform.

They'll do that in time, if a company straight up buying 3rd party exclusives by paying hefty amounts to publishers which was gained by monetization and saying it's just a competition :doh:then what will stop them doing this when fortnite money diminishes?

Right now analysts says that fornite july 2019 revenue was down 52% compared the previous year's. 

Just a matter of time now.

12 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Both will do good, Doom eternal will be a 15 to 20 hr game max so people will be done with it within few days and online dosen't seem to stay active for long while RDR2 is a huge open world game and it's coming a month later on Steam. 

Edited by Heaven Angel