Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2s-pc-port-still-has-big-problems/

Andy Kelly's been experiencing the same stuttering, which he's managed to allay only through the use of Battle Encoder Shirasé, a program that limits CPU usage for specific applications. After installing BES and following the instructions in this Reddit thread, Andy says the stuttering has completely disappeared, at least in the last 45 minutes of play. Jarred saw the same success with CPU limiting in DX12 on an i3-8100. If you're running an older CPU, it's definitely worth a shot.

It doesn't take elite programming knowledge or extensive hardware know-how to surmise that something in Red Dead 2's code is juicing CPUs too hard, failing to distribute the processing workload across the cores, or doesn't have the right checks in place to properly limit processes according to whatever CPU is in use. 

I imagine it like giving a horse too many apples. A horse is going to keep eating apples if presented them, I know this. And the horse is going to feel energized by the apples and run at a smooth and efficient horse-frames per second, up until the moment its tummy reaches max apple capacity at which point the horse stops, or stutters, in order to vomit up some apples to make room for more apples. A CPU suddenly given too many chunky calculations might choke in a similar way, exhibited by intermittent hitching in-game.

BES and CPU-limiting prevents RDR2 from pushing the CPU to the breaking point, forcing the game processes to chill before knocking your computer's brain on its a*s. 

Edited by HEMAN
  • Like 2

https://www.pcgamer.com/red-dead-redemption-2s-pc-port-still-has-big-problems/

Andy Kelly's been experiencing the same stuttering, which he's managed to allay only through the use of Battle Encoder Shirasé, a program that limits CPU usage for specific applications. After installing BES and following the instructions in this Reddit thread, Andy says the stuttering has completely disappeared, at least in the last 45 minutes of play. Jarred saw the same success with CPU limiting in DX12 on an i3-8100. If you're running an older CPU, it's definitely worth a shot.
It doesn't take elite programming knowledge or extensive hardware know-how to surmise that something in Red Dead 2's code is juicing CPUs too hard, failing to distribute the processing workload across the cores, or doesn't have the right checks in place to properly limit processes according to whatever CPU is in use. 
I imagine it like giving a horse too many apples. A horse is going to keep eating apples if presented them, I know this. And the horse is going to feel energized by the apples and run at a smooth and efficient horse-frames per second, up until the moment its tummy reaches max apple capacity at which point the horse stops, or stutters, in order to vomit up some apples to make room for more apples. A CPU suddenly given too many chunky calculations might choke in a similar way, exhibited by intermittent hitching in-game.
BES and CPU-limiting prevents RDR2 from pushing the CPU to the breaking point, forcing the game processes to chill before knocking your computer's brain on its a*s. 
That's quite an explanation ,,it's boggle my mind why game don't freeze in fights or shootouts but only during some cutscene or catalogue browsing ..I hope they will fixed these bugs and let's enjoy Everyone this beautiful game

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

X version is native 4k. Looks sharp. Much better than wasting time on pc version. 

I was hoping that the input lag gets fixed in the PC version. But looking at the problems, might as well get the Xbone or the PS4 version.

I was hoping that the input lag gets fixed in the PC version. But looking at the problems, might as well get the Xbone or the PS4 version.
Get the xbone 1x version, my friend who is primarily a pc gamer really impressed with 4k version

Got Zotac 1660 Super and getting RDR 2 now , seems very popular release with ISP
TQyszYgl.png
46MBps that's like 500+ mbps. Holy sh*t. Which internet connection do you have? Or is that speed from a cached server?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

X all the way for RDR 2 as far console version is concerned. Image quality is incredible on X and smooth frame rate.

Man these local isps offer real good speed bur they cover very selected areas even in big cities. Sucks 
Yeah and i love the local server caching for popular content.. That's real smart

On 11/7/2019 at 4:27 PM, Aercy said:

Update bios and every goddamned driver on my PC, even Rockstar launcher got updated, then the game got updated .... and then ... still the same failure to launch :ko:

Did you manage to run the game yet mate?

No recent updates on this thread. Wondering if people are enjoying playing it on PC, the ones who could launch it that is.