Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

3 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Dude. How does this game look so good? And its open world. Holy f**king sh*t. Half the time I am just watching the scenery utterly gobsmacked. 

I am not even playing but watch a YT video of RDR2 just for them looks. Jaw dropping literally. 

3 minutes ago, Keano said:

played on PS4 for 20 or so hours before moving on to other games, will pick it up on PC during next steam sale. Any major changes between PS4 and PC RDR2?

nope. There are few players who are having issues with their game performance. 

19 hours ago, GameAnalyzer said:

You haven’t played RDR2?  :panic:

I didnt wanna buy it full price cause reading impressions I KNEW there was a lot in this game that would absolutely annoy the f**k out of me. And that is definitely true. There is the classic "Lets just have the player do a bazillion hours of tutorials" thing that is just a Rockstar thing now. The movement and controls are just poorly designed and over-complicated for no good reason. And player convenience definitely takes a backseat to immersion (which might be a great thing for people who are into that but it just annoys me, especially coming from AC Odyssey which does the exact opposite). 

But I have to admit, the presentation is just sublime. The music, writing and art design are absolutely beyond reproach.

So its a mixed bag most of the times but when it is good, there is nothing else like it. 

And I still cannot get over how good it looks. Games dont usually impress me by sheer visuals but this is unreal. 

I didnt wanna buy it full price cause reading impressions I KNEW there was a lot in this game that would absolutely annoy the f**k out of me. And that is definitely true. There is the classic "Lets just have the player do a bazillion hours of tutorials" thing that is just a Rockstar thing now. The movement and controls are just poorly designed and over-complicated for no good reason. And player convenience definitely takes a backseat to immersion (which might be a great thing for people who are into that but it just annoys me, especially coming from AC Odyssey which does the exact opposite). 

But I have to admit, the presentation is just sublime. The music, writing and art design are absolutely beyond reproach.

So its a mixed bag most of the times but when it is good, there is nothing else like it. 

And I still cannot get over how good it looks. Games dont usually impress me by sheer visuals but this is unreal. 
You are right on, since you come out of a grind house recently, I will suggest you to pick up something more linear and action oriented, like Devil May Cry , Call of Duty type it might cleanse your pelate.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

I honestly think that the story and character development is pretty darn good too.

But yes, the game is gorgeous. Never before have I taken so many screenshots in-game.

Would highly recommend doing that if you attempt the trophy "Paying Respects".

We visit the graves of some people from Dutch's gang, and these graves are in some of the best locations, not even kidding. 

14 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

The game really opens up around chapter 3 , most of chapter 1/2 plays like a tutorial.  The random encounters in this game are on a whole new level, they are integrated so naturally into the game, you would be hard pressed to believe they lead you to an actual side quest !

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ne0 said:

The random encounters in this game are on a whole new level, they are integrated so naturally into the game, you would be hard pressed to believe they lead you to an actual side quest !

+1 to that. It so good. Some of the encounters are insane and funny at the same time.

• Like 1

Completed the main storyline few weeks back as i wanted to start with COD:MW. Till the last mission the game didn't cease to amaze me. Only thing i didn't like in this game was the forced walking speed. But the visuals, the sheer amount of content, the story and character development, the 'humanness' of all the characters, the emotions, everything is so beautifully done. 

I avoid open world games as they need a lot of time investment, but had enjoyed RDR1 a lot and had to pick this one up. Amongst the very few open world games i truly loved; so much so that i cared to complete the side missions as well. Had to stop at some point as other games were pending. But the time invested is worth the experience.

Cheers.

On 1/15/2020 at 9:22 PM, Aftrunner said:

Dude. How does this game look so good? And its open world. Holy f**king sh*t. Half the time I am just watching the scenery utterly gobsmacked. 

Amazing looking game. I was shocked to see how good it looks on console especially on X. I was like - Am i playing on high end PC ? :p

All the babysitting and bullshit handholding this game does to teach you the most mundane of things and it just never mentions that you can buy a fast travel upgrade in your camp. That should have been mission 1 in big bold letters. Literally the only piece of information I would have wanted. Instead I got 300 hours of tutorials on how to walk, shoot and ride a horse. This is some Nintendo levels of bullshit.

Making me ride trains like a f**king hobo to get to places. :lol: