Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

Unlocking fast travel seemed obvious enough for me. stagecoaches and trains are still better options than fast travel. Fast travel is just one way and load times are terrible atleast on ps4 pro. 
Yeah once you have more money trains and stagecoaches are pretty convenient.
I do enjoy the horse riding though, the map is just really big lmao.
I watched a couple guide videos on YouTube, and that told me about Fast Travel, and the gold bar locations.
That speeds up everything, even though you have to put in 2-3 hours into this initially.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

So I just finished Chapter 5

Spoiler

The bank robbery and now I am in Guarma? 

How much of the story do I have left? And do I get to a point of no return?

I am really invested into the story and want to push forward but I also would like to do some exploration later. Does the game tell you when you are about to hit the last mission or whatever? And can you continue the game after the last mission? 

NO SPOILERS PLS!

20 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

So I just finished Chapter 5

Hide contents

The bank robbery and now I am in Guarma? 

How much of the story do I have left? And do I get to a point of no return?

I am really invested into the story and want to push forward but I also would like to do some exploration later. Does the game tell you when you are about to hit the last mission or whatever? And can you continue the game after the last mission? 

NO SPOILERS PLS!

You have completed 75% of the story mission.

And no, game doesn't tell you that you are reaching the end of the mission. But you can feel the vibe that game is going to end when everything gets little messy. And yes, you can continue playing after you finish the story mission. I hope  you are playing with Good/High honor to get the best ending with good dialogues.

• 3 weeks later...

I double dipped on this game thinking it'd be an even better experience in 21:9 (3440x1440) with unlocked settings on PC and I can barely run it at 30 fps with Xbox One X equivalent settings. The PQ is very bad too, even more so in 21:9. I had to find a sweet spot b/w 16:9 and 21:9 and use a reshade sharpening fx. Regardless, I have come to appreciate the game a lot more now. It's sure not as fun as the original RDR (which still holds up very well), but it finds a decent balance b/w storytelling and gameplay.

k9543dw.jpg

e0gZppO.jpg

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2020 at 11:37 PM, adity said:

The point of no return is very evident when it comes and guarma is not it. 

Honestly for a game like this, multiple save files are key. Two in each chapter.  I missed a couple of story-based achievements, and collecting trophies which can't be done in the epilogue for obvious reasons. 

I managed to complete all the side quests, and all that. But once I completed the epilogue, I took a break and never went back.

I wanna go play the story-mode again, but since I have so many good games to play I cant bring myself to do it 

12 minutes ago, Heaven Angel said:

The main problem for achievements of this game is many are tied up to multiplayer and R*servers are the one of the worst servers in industry. So, getting all of them is almost impossible. 

Oh yeah. I really loved the game, and wanted to get the Plat. I saw some youtuber get it, but the multiplayer aspect would be difficult. I dont have PS Plus to access it, and Ive never played online multiplayer in anything except Fifa 14, 15 back on the PS3 so.....

Even the offline trophies, some are pretty tricky. I have 45% trophy completion on this. Maybe I can try this summer once I get the PS Plus for a year at the new price.

• 3 weeks later...

I was thinking of going into this for a second playthrough (as I've forgotten some of the initial chapters and such), and thought I could clean up on some trophies this time around. Currently sitting at 45% trophies on this one. I'm not a trophy hunter, I just really liked RDR2.

Does anybody have the plat, or a good amount of the trophies?? 

On 3/8/2020 at 12:21 PM, Heaven Angel said:

The main problem for achievements of this game is many are tied up to multiplayer and R*servers are the one of the worst servers in industry. So, getting all of them is almost impossible. 

Not just the multiplayer achievements. The regular grindy trophies are crazy too. 

Gold Rush requires a gold on 70 story missions. That trophy itself is impossible to do :( 

16 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Not just the multiplayer achievements. The regular grindy trophies are crazy too. 

Gold Rush requires a gold on 70 story missions. That trophy itself is impossible to do :( 

Yea, Gold rush and another trophy called Grin and Bear which you have to survive 18 bear attacks and survive. That one is grindy as well, but fortunately I've achieved that trophy but it took quite some time. 

But those singleplayer achievements are even achievable but the online ones are impossible as it barely works. Though, I have heard a solution to run RDR2 online smoothly, you have to connect not through your broadband but via mobile data. My steam friend who's from india player over 50 hours of RDR2 online. If it works I'll be able to get all the achievements. 

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

Yea, Gold rush and another trophy called Grin and Bear which you have to survive 18 bear attacks and survive. That one is grindy as well, but fortunately I've achieved that trophy but it took quite some time. 

But those singleplayer achievements are even achievable but the online ones are impossible as it barely works. Though, I have heard a solution to run RDR2 online smoothly, you have to connect not through your broadband but via mobile data. My steam friend who's from india player over 50 hours of RDR2 online. If it works I'll be able to get all the achievements. 

Okay...

I can understand getting the Bear Trophy, despite being grindy. But getting 70 gold missions for Gold Rush, thats not just grindy, thats insane. I hardly have 5-6 gold missions, because I played it just to enjoy it, not to go for the trophy. Still, its not gonna be easy getting Gold Rush.

If you do manage to get the online trophies using data, do let me know. It would be really cool if someone got the Plat on this

Gold Rush is same as GTA V trophy where you need to get 70 gold medals. The medal depends on how many of the optional objectives you managed to complete while doing the mission. There are a total of 104 story missions, so you can skip 34. Just pick easy chapters first. Around 55 of them are super easy. 

It is there to add some kind of replay value. Less than 2% have the platinum. Worth grinding if you are into trophy business. 

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Gold Rush is same as GTA V trophy where you need to get 70 gold medals. The medal depends on how many of the optional objectives you managed to complete while doing the mission. There are a total of 104 story missions, so you can skip 34. Just pick easy chapters first. Around 55 of them are super easy. 

It is there to add some kind of replay value. Less than 2% have the platinum. Worth grinding if you are into trophy business. 

I'm not into the trophies usually, just really enjoyed RDR2. But I had a glance at the optional objectives and they're like:

• Headshot every enemy gang member.
  • Reach waypoint under 50 seconds.
  • Kill everybody at enemy hideout undetected.

Sure, this adds replay value, but I'd just enjoy the story in my replay. Getting the Gold Rush achievement will take me weeks, with intense grinding even if you skip 34 difficult missions.

But yes, considering less 2% have it, having that trophy would be pretty cool.

26 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I'm not into the trophies usually, just really enjoyed RDR2. But I had a glance at the optional objectives and they're like:

Worst part is you need to do ALL objectives in a single run to get gold medal unlike GTA where you didn't had to do in single run which was much comfy and welcoming. 

5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Worst part is you need to do ALL objectives in a single run to get gold medal unlike GTA where you didn't had to do in single run which was much comfy and welcoming. 

Yeah, this one trophy by itself makes the platinum for RDR2 exceptionally hard. I would've considered collecting the perfect animal pelts, and finding all the treasure maps and what not, but this trophy will stop me so I'm not gonna bother.  I got most of the fairly easy trophies on my first playthrough anyway.

I will however, go for a replay sometime soon for the story.

31 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah, this one trophy by itself makes the platinum for RDR2 exceptionally hard. I would've considered collecting the perfect animal pelts, and finding all the treasure maps and what not, but this trophy will stop me so I'm not gonna bother.  I got most of the fairly easy trophies on my first playthrough anyway.

I will however, go for a replay sometime soon for the story.

What I do is I try to replay the same quest I've just completed, at first the objectives for gold dosen't show up but only after you've completed a mission. So i try 2 to 3 times if I'm able to get the gold for that mission, if they're complicated for me, I'll skip. So that way the grind won't get severe afterwards. 

With the online achievements are now doable I'm excited to jump in, again! After I've completed RE3 remake.