Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

How is RDR 1 compared to 2? Havent played that either so might boot it up once I get my series X , thanks to the amazing BC on xbox.

Personally can't imagine going back to RDR1 after playing 2. Then again I never really liked it as much as others did. Felt way too barren for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, playstationdude said:

How is RDR 1 compared to 2? Havent played that either so might boot it up once I get my series X , thanks to the amazing BC on xbox.

RDR 2 obviously has the more nuanced / content filled open world compared to RDR 1.  But where RDR 1 shines is the game play / characters and perhaps even the story (I found it to be somewhat better than RDR 2).  For some reason , the duels in RDR 2 was not engaging enough, in RDR 1, dueling was done really well and it actually felt like straight out of a western classic.  Also, at the time when it was released, RDR 1 had one of the best endings in a video game.  

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 2

I have resumed the game after almost a year and a half of leaving it dormant in Chapter 2. It's unbelievable how gorgeous this game looks and all the detail infused in the world. I'm still in chapter 2 and just going through every activity, hidden collectible and just random stuff I can do. This game is an absolute nightmare for people with OCD to get everything in the game. I mean the compendium list itself is insane. At this rate, I think I'll probably keep playing it till the end of next year. :P 

On 11/24/2020 at 10:23 PM, Joe Cool said:

PlayStation Store, Microsoft Store, Rockstar Games Launcher, Epic Games Store and Steam on December 1st.

$4.99 – which is 75% off the regular price – until February 15, 2021

Really want to explore the world in this game and this will be possible through the standalone version of online..

Had to reset 45 minutes of progress yesterday. :(  

I was exploring the top end of the map, just riding my horse along the road. The area became very mountainious with dangerous cliffs. Near one of the cliffs 2 wolves ran towards me. Had to ride towards the edge of cliff to create some distance. Horse lost its balance and fell down the mountain, killing both of us. 

Tbh I'm lucky its just 45 mins. I usually don't use manual save. But I had yesterday because I killed an Elk and didn't want the pelt to disappear from my horse. 

Edited by dylanjosh

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Tbh I'm lucky its just 45 mins. I usually don't use manual save. But I had yesterday because I killed an Elk and didn't want the pelt to disappear from my horse. 

I am the exact opposite. I manual save like crazy all the time. Even before approaching a random event. I have had so many times when my horse was stolen, got looted in a dark alley in St. Dennis, got mauled by bear/cougar etc. Manual saving has been a godsend in those times. 

3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

I discovered that if your horse is fully bonded to you, you can just whistle and the horse will throw off the theif and come back to you. Its really satisfying. :lol: 

man, once i stopped by to help a stranger. He needed alcohol. I gave him premium alcohol so I can boost my karma. As soon as i gave him that. He pushed me to the ground and he took my horse and ran away. Just because I was so fond of my white Arabian horse i didn't shoot him; thinking it might kill my horse accidentally. For few sec  I couldn't believe is he really stealing my horse even after I helped him. I started chasing him in foot without realizing if i whistle my horse would come back. :( 

Edited by GameAnalyzer
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, GameAnalyzer said:

man, once i stopped by to help a stranger. He needed alcohol. I gave him premium alcohol so I can boost my karma. As soon as i gave him that. He pushed me to the ground and he took my horse and ran away. Just because I was so fond of my white Arabian horse i didn't shoot him; thinking it might kill my horse accidentally. For few sec  I couldn't believe is he really stealing my horse even after I helped him. I started chasing him in foot without realizing if i whistle my horse would come back. :( 

But did you get your horse back?

49 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

But did you get your horse back?

Nope. After I lost the horse my saddle appeared nearby on the map and game automatically saves. I never have a habit of making manual saves because too lazy to do that. I went back again to all the way (Snowy area where you basically start the game) Lake Isabella, in Grizzlies West (Ambarino).  And finally got the white arabian horse again. I hope you know how to get the one of the best horses(probably the best) in the game for FREE

3 minutes ago, b!T said:

I wish I enjoyed this one as much as you guys. I find it tedious and slow. Can't believe I might leave a R* game midway.

Am there with you. The gameplay is so boring that I completely lost interest and stopped using PS4. A complete snoozefest.