Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

On 1/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, Black_Hawk said:

Some thing that really blew my mind when I was playing today...

Okay, so I was riding to the Post Office in Valentine to complete the Rock Carving quest when suddenly I heard a loud sound of a glass window breaking in a nearby building. I immediately brought my horsie to a stop and looked at the building to see a man had been thrown through a window onto the muddy road! The other guy (the husband) who had just thrown him out comes out and yells at him to stay away from his wife and lands a punch to his face... Eeek! The guy, although injured from being thrown through glass and what not stands up and says it was only just a peck on the wife's cheeks and then delivers his own ruthless beating on the husband. In his fit of rage, he beats the husband dead and then says "Maybe I'll go see your wife again and have a drink at the bar on my way to her" and goes back in to the bar like a mean antagonist! Whew!! :wOOtjumpy:

I was like holy sh*t man... did that just happen, that was real as f**k! How does Rockstar even code something as random and believable like that which makes the world in their games that much more immersive. I swear I stopped gaming for a few minutes and just thought about the entire incident, it was so movie-like!

I'm coming to RDR2 right after completing and spending 45+ hours on Cyberpunk 2077 (PC). I cannot even begin to fathom how CDPR could not include even one such, mind you... just ONE such random ped incident which mad me stop and actually ponder on the realism of the city. But no... all I ever stared at in CP2077 were mindless drones repeating same set of inane lines over and over again.

Witcher 3 had momets like these. I think with CP 2077, they hyped too much without even starting development. Reports say that the development started properly only in 2016. 

Makes me wonder what it could have been.

On 1/16/2021 at 10:33 PM, Black_Hawk said:

Some thing that really blew my mind when I was playing today...

Okay, so I was riding to the Post Office in Valentine to complete the Rock Carving quest when suddenly I heard a loud sound of a glass window breaking in a nearby building. I immediately brought my horsie to a stop and looked at the building to see a man had been thrown through a window onto the muddy road! The other guy (the husband) who had just thrown him out comes out and yells at him to stay away from his wife and lands a punch to his face... Eeek! The guy, although injured from being thrown through glass and what not stands up and says it was only just a peck on the wife's cheeks and then delivers his own ruthless beating on the husband. In his fit of rage, he beats the husband dead and then says "Maybe I'll go see your wife again and have a drink at the bar on my way to her" and goes back in to the bar like a mean antagonist! Whew!! :wOOtjumpy:

I was like holy sh*t man... did that just happen, that was real as f**k! How does Rockstar even code something as random and believable like that which makes the world in their games that much more immersive. I swear I stopped gaming for a few minutes and just thought about the entire incident, it was so movie-like!

I'm coming to RDR2 right after completing and spending 45+ hours on Cyberpunk 2077 (PC). I cannot even begin to fathom how CDPR could not include even one such, mind you... just ONE such random ped incident which mad me stop and actually ponder on the realism of the city. But no... all I ever stared at in CP2077 were mindless drones repeating same set of inane lines over and over again.

The game is called WESTWORLD for a reason. There are plenty of amazing moments like these. 

I can't believe I said in the beginning that I would skip hunting... man I'm so into hunting now in this game! Just got the "Legend of the East" Satchel done yesterday after long sessions of patient animal tracking hunting. Took a lot of time but worth it. Also, Legendary Animal tracking is great to do.

It's impossible to not get sucked into the wonderful side stuff in this game. The world is so layered.

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

I can't believe I said in the beginning that I would skip hunting... man I'm so into hunting now in this game! Just got the "Legend of the East" Satchel done yesterday after long sessions of patient animal tracking hunting. Took a lot of time but worth it. Also, Legendary Animal tracking is great to do.

It's impossible to not get sucked into the wonderful side stuff in this game. The world is so layered.

:thumbsup: Hunting can be really satisfying

On 1/20/2021 at 11:25 PM, dylanjosh said:

:thumbsup: Hunting can be really satisfying

Oh it is indeed. It's just the specific animal spawn rate and the whole tracking thing should have been improved. 

Now at 40% completion. I'm going for all the challenges at the moment. Mixing it up between the main and side missions is a good way to change the pace. I cannot begin to describe the sheer brilliance with which they have built this world. The amount is detail in this game is literally unrivalled. Here's a random NPC I saved who I found bleeding on the side of the road and took him to the clinic in St. Dennis. (Warning: graphic imagery). I couldn't believe this was just a random encounter going into such level of details. I just stood there in awe till the whole procedure was done. It's like this game's world has a mind of it's own and adds so much value for memorable moments. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

^^Going for 100% in RDR2. I salute you Sir :hi2:

I probably won't be able to achieve it, but doesn't hurt to try. :P 

Getting 100% in GTA V somehow made me appreciate the finer details in that game even more as opposed to my first play-through which was just rushing through the storyline. RDR 2 is on another level though; it's a technical marvel. Definitely one of those games you need to take your time with and explore to the very core. 

1 hour ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Knowing Rockstar, they'd remaster it 10 times over than having a free patch out as an upgrade. :P 

I'd buy the crap out of a 4k 60fps remaster. This game is a 'master'piece.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I'd buy the crap out of a 4k 60fps remaster. This game is a 'master'piece.

I've waited for rdr2 so that I can play it on the ps5. bring teh patch.

2 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Playing the long game I see.. Been doing it myself with God of War and Spiderman :lol:

So not worth a go even now with the added SX horsepower? Got this day 1 but never enjoyed it anywhere close to rdr1

2 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

So not worth a go even now with the added SX horsepower? Got this day 1 but never enjoyed it anywhere close to rdr1

Well, to my knowledge, there's no out of the box performance improvement in SX. Probably just a bit improved load times.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Like 1

Just now, quixote_1989 said:

Well, to my knowledge, there's no out of the box performance improvement in SX. Probably just a bit improved load time.

Ah thanks. I guess I'll just wait it out for the "remastered" edition then 

5 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I probably won't be able to achieve it, but doesn't hurt to try. :P 

Getting 100% in GTA V somehow made me appreciate the finer details in that game even more as opposed to my first play-through which was just rushing through the storyline. RDR 2 is on another level though; it's a technical marvel. Definitely one of those games you need to take your time with and explore to the very core. 

I did main story and every side quests and stranger missions. But high level hunting and other side activities were just too annoying.. So i never bothered going for 100%

3 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I did main story and every side quests and stranger missions. But high level hunting and other side activities were just too annoying.. So i never bothered going for 100%

Yeah that makes sense. If you're done with the game, no point pushing forward with something you don't enjoy.