Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

1 hour ago, adity said:

Man this game totally deserves a remaster and I'd buy the sh*t out of it. 

I wanna replay it so bad. 

I was playing RDR the other day and ended up spending like 2 hours on liar's dice. 

It just need 60fps mode for next gen consoles. Game already looks better and more ambitious than anything on SX and PS5 right now, there is nothing to remaster lol

Edited by WhiteWolf

7 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

It just need 60fps mode for next gen consoles. Game already looks better and more ambitious than anything on SX and PS5 right now, there is nothing to remaster lol

It needs to have better loading times on PS5. One X version of the game was better than PS4 version so via BC, SX is slightly superior.

1 hour ago, Agent 47 said:

It needs to have better loading times on PS5. One X version of the game was better than PS4 version so via BC, SX is slightly superior.

And full 4k. It still runs with checkerboarding/reconstruction on PS5

18 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I don't think there is any point in waiting. Don't see remastered coming anytime soon. Was hoping to play on XSX because it has a better version but can't find the damn console so Ps5 is gonna be it.

It will come. It's R*

If you don't have the game already, hold out. Whenever it comes the SX will be the better version (hopefully). 

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

It will come. It's R*

If you don't have the game already, hold out. Whenever it comes the SX will be the better version (hopefully). 

I don't have it yet. Will play GOT and then TLOU2 (even if the patch might be rumoured). After that I plan on playing RDR2, if by that time I get XSX then great otherwise it's not like XSX has better frame rate, only better assets and native 4k which I won't be able to notice after 5 mins.

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

I don't have it yet. Will play GOT and then TLOU2 (even if the patch might be rumoured). After that I plan on playing RDR2, if by that time I get XSX then great otherwise it's not like XSX has better frame rate, only better assets and native 4k which I won't be able to notice after 5 mins.

You have a leaked remastered version?

4 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

One X had a better version of RDR2 as compared to Ps4 Pro and XSX uses that. Not sure what you meant.

Wohi toh I meant. R* games have always run better on the MS side. When a remaster happens I won't be surprised the trend continues. 

5 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Wohi toh I meant. R* games have always run better on the MS side. When a remaster happens I won't be surprised the trend continues. 

One X was much more powerful than Pro, so it's a given. What I meant was that I won't be able to notice the better quality assets and native 4k for more than 5 mins as compared to a frame rate bump, so I won't wait for XSX to come.

11 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

Loadtimes are much better on PS5 and SX now. 30 secs compared to over minute on last gen

4 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

GTA 5 was better on PS3

I played it at launch on the ps3. But the 2nd play through on the 360 just felt better. 

And although I wasn't around here, the overall sentiment across the community also seemed to be on par IIRC 

Edited by Jigsaw
Update

3 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

I played it at launch on the ps3. But the 2nd play through on the 360 just felt better. 

360 version suffered from streaming issues thanks to limitation of DVD drive whereas on PS3 BR gave PS3 advantage. Overall PS3 was better according DF.

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

360 version suffered from streaming issues thanks to limitation of DVD drive whereas on PS3 BR gave PS3 advantage. Overall PS3 was better according DF.

Ok then I was probably swimming with the wrong fish :lol:

Dont recall what or why the 360 version felt better.

2 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

I mean 360 version was not bad or unplayable. But it had issues with textures and asset streaming but it was still a good version. 

If anything I played the 360 version like 4-6 months after the Sept launch so maybe it was patched. If my memory serves right it was the frame rate that felt better. Don't recall the asset streaming issues but then again could just be because I wasn't looking for them. 

34 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Loadtimes are much better on PS5 and SX now. 30 secs compared to over minute on last gen

SX takes 52 secs to load and PS5 take 1 min 21 secs to load the game from home page. So there is a difference. Check it out yourself.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Agent 47 said:

SX takes 52 secs to load and PS5 take 1 min 21 secs to load the game from home page. So there is a difference. Check it out yourself.

Loadtimes in RDR2 are not fixed. Loadtimes are changed based on location. If you are loading in very densely populated area then loading will be longer.

GS loadtimes test

38 secs 

Same case is with Valhalla and most open world games.

Edited by WhiteWolf