Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

Just completed Chapter 2 this evening. That closing mission of the Chapter with the German family is so heart warming :)

This game presently is my alternate world. Haven't enjoyed seeping into a game world this much since playing Witcher 3 and no Cyberpunk 2077 just didn't suck me in like this, not even close. Just getting on your horse, riding through the terrain and taking in the beautiful wildlands as the ambient music plays is so mesmerizing. :wub:

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Black_Hawk said:

Just completed Chapter 2 this evening. That closing mission of the Chapter with the German family is so heart warming :)

This game presently is my alternate world. Haven't enjoyed seeping into a game world this much since playing Witcher 3 and no Cyberpunk 2077 just didn't suck me in like this, not even close. Just getting on your horse, riding through the terrain and taking in the beautiful wildlands as the ambient music plays is so mesmerizing. :wub:

I have spent a fair amount of time just sitting by the fire in the camp, listening to folks talk, sing etc.

It's amazing what R* created.

Edited by quixote_1989
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

I have spent a fair amount of time just sitting by the fire in the camp just listening to folks talk, sing etc.

It's amazing what R* created.

Lets say you enter the Camp after completing a mission/ side mission. You enter the camp area and it's as if the entire cast of people at the campsite are living their lives there irrespective of the fact that you weren't there in the camp! It's not as if they just spawned on the camp area as you came close to it and stand aimlessly as you walk in. They were actually living, breathing and carrying on whilst you were doing your own thing. The small conversations taking place, the interactions between the members of the camp are so real.

The other day Miss Grimshaw in the camp got super angry at one one of the girls in the camp for sitting idle in her tent and not contributing to the camp work. She yanked the girl out of her tent, by her ears (:rofl:) and scolded her, telling her to not waste time. I just stood at a distance and watched the entire thing unfold. Made me wonder how well the world evolves, the characters and dynamism. Grimshaw is one strict lady!

Yet another instance that amazed me was there was this one mission where I had to collect a debt from a borrower (Leopold's mission). Upon meeting the borrower I learnt that he was ill and his funds had dried up. His wife came running and pleaded more time for being able to get their funds in order and re-pay the borrowed sum. I spared his life and left the area and that was that, mission ended. Debt was temporarily irrecoverable. I forgot about it and moved on with the missions. A few game days later I was at camp when suddenly this lady comes riding in. Leopold was sitting at a make-shift table in the camp and this lady dismounted her horse, haughtily strode in and slammed the money her husband owed on the table. She also mentioned that she would not borrow further and saucily mentioned about the beating I had laid on her her husband earlier and angrily went away.

I was like... WTF, the game remembered! :wOOtjumpy:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Black_Hawk said:

Yet another instance that amazed me was there was this one mission where I had to collect a debt from a borrower (Leopold's mission). Upon meeting the borrower I learnt that he was ill and his funds had dried up. His wife came running and pleaded more time for being able to get their funds in order and re-pay the borrowed sum. 

Was this guy coughing?

Edited by quixote_1989
edited

8 hours ago, adity said:

Not to spoil but that's not the last of that story. Just keep playing. 

Oh Christ... I actually felt sorry for him since he was coughing so violently. Didn't even want to give him a beating, had a hard time choosing the BEAT option on him. Hope he doesn't come back to bite me in the behind! :fear1:

44 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Even the guy from Saint Denis @Ethan_Hunt was talking about (the one you have to carry to the doc) has a Part 2 to it.  

Wait...it has a continuation? Nice!

And where or who the hell is Gavin? I met his friend who always keeps yapping on about how he can't find him. :P 

5 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

there's no gavin :P I dont think anybody found him yet !

Hahah! I thought so. The last time I met this chap, he started his usual spiel and then kept following me. :wacko:

Just now, dylanjosh said:

I've not found him either. There has to be someone right? I think I read you have to find a letter somewhere and bring it to him or something like that. :unsure:

Nope. I had gotten obsessed about finding him and started looking through forums/reddit. Turns out, nobody has found him till date. 

2 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

Hahah! I thought so. The last time I met this chap, he started his usual spiel and then kept following me. :wacko:

did you have food at the place, with the nice couple that invite you ? or take a night off, gazing at the sky, camping in the bayou ? 

:P