Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

1 minute ago, WhiteWolf said:

It was posted in that Bloomberg article that they were aiming for creating Rockstar style immersive dynamic open world and  its clear based on 1000s of Cyberpunk videos on YT that they failed to create that kind of world. 

So, no? 

You don't have to play the game to see that world is nothing like Rockstar open world. There are 100s of videos analysing every aspect of the game and people who played it already confirmed that open world is garbage in it. 

Im not talking about story, missions and gameplay. Just open world design which you can clearly see and judge by videos 

Edited by WhiteWolf
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Got no leads or markers pointing to an area on the map. Searched about her and looks like along with Gavin, she also can't be found in the game! Her character model does exist though, embedded deep in the game files. Her character is called "IKZ" which stands for "Princess Isabeau Katharina Zinsmeister". 

I went searching for this girl too all over Van Horn. Not much that I could find except a few people at the bar refencing her. The fence at Van Horn probably has items with her initials on it probably. Don't think her character is actually in the game. This is one of those mysteries, I wish that could have made a really good detective based side quest. 

35 minutes ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

I went searching for this girl too all over Van Horn. Not much that I could find except a few people at the bar refencing her. The fence at Van Horn probably has items with her initials on it probably. Don't think her character is actually in the game. This is one of those mysteries, I wish that could have made a really good detective based side quest. 

Yep, sadly her character isn't there in the game. Rockstar had planned a questline for her but I guess they scrapped it in the end because her character model exists in the game files:

full-body.png

If you check in the above image the birthmark which is mentioned on the Missing Person Poster is also present on her right hand.

Wiki also states that she should be around 20 years old during the main story of Red Dead Redemption 2, which looks about the right age for the in-game adult model.

22 hours ago, WhiteWolf said:

You don't have to play the game to see that world is nothing like Rockstar open world. There are 100s of videos analysing every aspect of the game and people who played it already confirmed that open world is garbage in it. 

Im not talking about story, missions and gameplay. Just open world design which you can clearly see and judge by videos 

Can you show me a video which says that open world is garbage? 

So, something interesting that happened today...

I was going to get the Poisonous Treasure and was near the Elysian Pool Waterfall. Explored the caves, found the treasure and made my way back to the Pool. As I got out of the waterfall area, I notice that the sun had already set and it was nearing nightfall. I made my way across the Pool and then suddenly saw a few oil lanterns glowing in the dark and heard some chit chat. I immediately snuck towards the source of light and then saw the following scene take place:

A few men, about 3 of them, started chatting and then they apparently killed a captive they had with them. By the time I got near them the captive was already dead. They then put the body on a boat and the 3 of them started traveling down the Kamasa River. I followed the boat in the dark through the bank area. Like a shadow in the dark, Sam Fisher style. After a bit their boat had reached deep waters, one of them said it was a good spot and the other two goons dumped the body of the captive in the water before rowing away.

I was like oh sh*t... bloody murderers!! With the night closing in, moonlight and me in the wilderness sneaking to witness this... it felt like a chilling murder that unfolded right in front of me. I wish I had gotten to the captive before, could have perhaps saved him!! :nerves:

But then him being killed and then me being a shadow and witnessing this incident unfold... chilling!

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 3

Guys, I ventured into an area on the map called Butcher Creek while treasure hunting. The area is not very big and the people there weren't very friendly either. Also, there were a few Chickens roaming the area. I was riding relative slowly through but my horse hit one of those chickens and it died. Instantly all hell broke loose and everyone in the area became hostile and started shooting at me!!

I stormed outta there on my horse but WTH... it was a damn Chicken guys, chill! What a bunch of crazy folks there in that town!! :wOOtjumpy:

• Haha 1

Oh and by the way, this happened...

Thomas Downes died. That guy who was violently coughing when I went to collect the debt from him earlier on. I had to go and retrieve the debt money from his wife on orders from Leopold. When I went to their Ranch, she and her son Archie (or is Archie her brother in law?) were both obviously not very warm towards me. Mrs. Downes gave me the debt money but Archie told me that maybe some events will transpire in the future and we will meet again and he will get his revenge as both Mrs. Downes and him blamed Arthur for the death of Thomas.

Something tells me this isn't over and this entire incident will not end well for Arthur. This Archie guy, gave me the creeps.

Also, the entire way Arthur took the money, I don't know but it made me feel a little heartless. Oh well.

We'll see how it all pans out now but damn I'll have to watch my six!

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, adity said:

The story continues for long after that. It gets sadder. 

Yes, at this point I can just feel it well continue to a much deeper level. Also, for once I wanted an option of not taking the money from Mrs. Downes. But then, Arthur is an outlaw and money taken must be returned. 

Also,

Is that Archie guy Mrs. Downes' son or her Brother In Law?

6 minutes ago, adity said:

Son. Also that one collection kinda mobilises the things leading to the game's ending so it's pretty significant. Keep playing. 

Aah, thank-you for clarifying that. Hurt a man's Father in front of his son and he will hunt you someday like an angry wolf.

Arthur, you should have not taken that money back. Oh man. You did and things have been set in motion.

f**k... I love this game!

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

On 2/3/2021 at 10:47 PM, quixote_1989 said:

The story line is excellence, better than even RDR 1 for me.

Everyone else: Give us GTA VI

Me: Give us RDR1 remake

Either way, RDR2 gonna be the first game I play on a new gen console even though I already played it. Just incredible. 

• Like 1