Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

On 2/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, Ethan_Hunt said:

Randomly found this (warning: graphic imagery) in the middle of nowhere. Inspected it closely and found a clue leading to a supposed side quest. Dang!

Hide contents

s5UVzc7.jpg

serial killer storyline mission - find other murders for solving the mystery 

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

RDR2 >>>>>>>>>>>>> RDR1 

I feel that RDR 1 is pretty awesome because as as RDR 2 was ending, I just wanted to experience John’s journey in RDR 1 more than anything else. RDR 1 and John are just too classic 

42 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I say forget about GTA6. Give us RDR3.

Oh yeah. I mean they teased the Blackwater incident the entire time, so I'm sure we'll get it sometime.

27 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

No, both please.

fat chance

22 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I don't want to wait for a decade for the next RDR :(

Yeah. I just want more RDR, GTA can wait lol

I assume RDR2 has gotten upgrade patches for new gen consoles?

Looking forward to replay it on PS5/XSX

47 minutes ago, STICK3Rboy said:

I say forget about GTA6. Give us RDR3.

+1 :D 

Unpopular opinion here but I didn't like RDR1 that much. The world and atmosphere was excellent. But I always felt bored while playing the game. RDR2 gives you a lot more to do while in between towns. It's director system always serves you something interesting. 

Edited by dylanjosh

2 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Unpopular opinion here but I didn't like RDR1 that much. The world and atmosphere was excellent. But I always felt bored while playing the game. RDR2 gives you a lot more to do while in between towns. It's director system always serves you something interesting. 

I haven't played RDR1. It would be nice if they made it like RDR2, just keep the story same.

Make the world and side missions and stuff as detailed as RDR2 while keeping the plot intact. 

I wouldn't say no to RDR3 either. That way we might get to play as Arthur again! :) 

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Oh yeah. I mean they teased the Blackwater incident the entire time, so I'm sure we'll get it sometime.

fat chance

Yeah. I just want more RDR, GTA can wait lol

I assume RDR2 has gotten upgrade patches for new gen consoles?

Looking forward to replay it on PS5/XSX

No no next gen patch announced by Rockstar. Loadtimes only benefits you get from SX/S and PS5

Just completed the mission "Blood Feuds, Ancient and Modern" - Holy sh*t... riding into the Braithwaite Estate at nightfall, the manor shimmering in the glow of oil lamps... oh this game nailed the atmosphere so perfectly! Then of course the entire mission was so amazing.

Popping heads in this game through Dead Eye is such a satisfying thing to do in this game. KB & mouse FTW!

Also, this game made me pickup the show Westworld again. I had only watched the first season of it but now started re-watching S01 again and continuing further. :D

• Like 3

Thats such a badass mission. That shot of them just walking up to the Braithwaite manor, guns out is just f**king epic. 

And that track playing ^^ just made the mission feel surreal. Phenomenal experience. 

4 hours ago, eddy4823 said:

You get a small souvenir when you go to the manor later. 

You can get the Braithwaite family heirloom thingy from the lockbox if you visit it later. 

Its in the ruins of the manor, easily found. I did it when I helped the young couple escape as you have to start that mission from the manor. 

Edited by Chirag2001

Is anyone else playing on PC? I am tired of random crashes (Error: ERR GFX STATE) and planning to give up. The game freezes and crashes  randomly, sometimes within 10-15 minutes and while others at 45-50 mins. I have already tried the following:

- Deleting 4 sga files in settings folder

- No over/under clock for the GPU

- Switching to direct x

Anybody else facing these issue?

15 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Dont forget the music. The slow ride with drums in the background and dutch along the gang being a badass.

+1. The atmosphere in this chapter gives goosebumps. The soundtracks are perfect in this.  My personal fav is. “That’s the way it is” brings tears ? in eyes remembering all those moments. 

3 hours ago, TheMonark said:

Is anyone else playing on PC? I am tired of random crashes (Error: ERR GFX STATE) and planning to give up. The game freezes and crashes  randomly, sometimes within 10-15 minutes and while others at 45-50 mins. I have already tried the following:

- Deleting 4 sga files in settings folder

- No over/under clock for the GPU

- Switching to direct x

Anybody else facing these issue?

Yes, I'm playing it on PC and that's the exact same problem I faced as well! It drove me nuts. However, in my case the problem was solved when I switched from Vulkan to DirectX 12. After doing that switch, that ERR_GFX_STATE error hasn't popped up even once (knock on wood!).

You can also try this one method suggested by Rockstar:

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC crashing with ERR_GFX_STATE error - Fix

Edited by Black_Hawk