Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

33 minutes ago, kunjanp said:

How does this game run on Ps4 Pro? 

Asking because I will be playing on Ps5 which will run on the Pro's port.

Should I wait for the enhanced version or just start playing it?

I say wait. I am waiting too :P

13 hours ago, kunjanp said:

From what I read, the game is locked to 30fps on the Pro. But the checkerboard implementation isn't that great and the reconstruction artifacts are visible in motion making the lower resolution more noticeable. No a bad way to play the game. 

But if you do have an XSX/Xbone X/PC, the game fares better on those platforms. 

Edited by l33tmaniac

15 hours ago, kunjanp said:

You may have to wait years to get a full fledged PS5 port, if it comes at all.

Few months back, I myself was debating whether to play RDR 2 on my PS4 Pro but as per DF video, the checkerboarding is garbage and there are double edges on all objects making the presentation look blurry especially on big TVs. The Xbox One X RDR2 version on the other hand manages to do native 4K. That’s just amazing. So I decided to get a 2nd hand X1X and play RDR2 and other 3rd party titles which also do significantly better than PS4 Pro. But many people here suggested to go for XSX as it is significantly more powerful than X1X and better investment for the future and once I discovered how Gamepass gives a lot of value for money, it was lock and load on XSX. Luckily, I managed to get one at launch and I finally completed my long standing wish of playing RDR 2 at a crisp native 4K - that’s the 1st game I played on XSX

15 hours ago, kunjanp said:

If you are eager to start it, go for it now itself.

But on the other hand, you lose nothing by waiting. Worst case scenario- you buy it later for the same or (more likely) reduced price, even if no other improvements.

Edited by quixote_1989

49 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

You may have to wait years to get a full fledged PS5 port, if it comes at all.

I have been trying to get my hands on XSX but it's never in stock and I am just tired of waiting.

My plan was also to play RDR2 on XSX and not PS.

17 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

But on the other hand, you lose nothing by waiting. Worst case scenario- you buy it later for the same or (more likely) reduced price, even if no other improvements.

I guess I will just wait for the XSX to be back in stock and play on that.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, kunjanp said:

This game is worth playing even for the second time. The enhanced version is years away still.

P.S. I have completed this game thrice. :P

Edited by GameAnalyzer

Awritey... something that caught my interest yet again in the game:

I helped a Stranger lady who had her horse die on her and asked me to take her to her home at the Emerald Ranch. During the ride she kept yapping and mentioned the owner of the Emerald Ranch, The daughter of the owner and how the daughter never leaves the house and only comes near the window of her house sometimes. She also talked about the closed saloon at the Ranch with marks of a bloody shootout inside. This was all to interesting to not look into.

So, I decided to check this entire mystery out and it appears every bit of it is true! Went on Reddit and Youtube but then had to test it out myself. Of course I had to! I utilized an entire game day to see what exactly happens:

Findings:

- Eugene Wegner hardly ever leaves the porch. He smokes, roves and sits on the front porch. Very rarely does he leave the property area and when he does it's during the daytime and he returns pretty quickly.

- All the windows to the house are closed. All doors locked. The house is sealed shut and you can't enter it.

- At 10AM Miriam comes near the window in my game. She stands there for a full hour gazing down.

Also, I stood there in front of the house during the entire length of the night and it appears she lights the lamp in her room at the following timings: 10PM, 12AM and 3AM for brief periods of time. However, she doesn't come near the window at nights in my game.

If you make your way to the back of the house and wait near the back window you can hear Miriam speak to someone inside the house. The other voice cannot be heard.

Another interesting fact that I found is:

I got into a fist fight with Miriam's Father Eugene Wegner on the front porc of the house. He gets hostile very easily! Took him out in a few hits and then looted his body. Walked away and after sometime (about 6-7 game hours later) he respawns back again, on the porch!

Some screenshots I took of this mystery:

The house at Emerald Ranch:

1.jpg

2.jpg

The obnoxiously rude Eugene Wegner on the front porch of the house:

3.jpg

At night the lamps are lit at multiple short time frames (10PM, 12AM & 3AM) but Miriam doesn't come to the window in my game:

4.jpg

Miriam standing by the upper window at 10AM in the morning:

5.jpg

6.jpg

Closed Saloon at Emerald Ranch where the shootout took place (blood stains on floor and 3 bullet marks on the wall visible):

RDR2-2019-10-17-17-13-08-568.jpg

Broken and abandoned mail coach where the undelivered letters from Annabelle (Miriam's cousin) to Miriam can be found:

RDR2-2019-10-17-17-20-06-661.jpg

Eugene's Grave (at the backyard of the closed Saloon:

RDR2-2019-10-17-21-22-58-277.jpg

Also, the abandoned Saloon where at some point a shootout took place and Joshua was killed and his grave right by the closed Saloon is all very linked. I think Joshua's death caused poor Miriam to go into a shock and lose her sanity. Thus, her Father keeps her indoors. Or perhaps her Father shot Joshua and keeps Miriam locked in the house. The letters found in the broken mail coach out there at the Cumberland Forest also proves how long Miriam has been locked in and has no communication with the world outside any longer. There is also no way you can possibly take those letters to Miriam at all after finding them. Sad.

The entire Emerald Ranch scene is pretty blanketed in mystery and sadness.

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 7

Yeah, it reminds me of the days where we just used to actually discuss the game's content rather than arguing about things like resolution comparison, frame rates etc. I mean this game is a testament to how unique every players experience can be when they travel through it's world. 

• Like 1

Thank-you folks for appreciating my posts... it's been such a riveting journey to go through this epic game! Which brings me to perhaps another world exploration and finding...

The Captive at Rhodes...

The gunsmith's store at Rhodes is a hotspot. I was taking a walk around the building and suddenly heard a voice call me out. Looking down at the base of the house in a grassy corner I noticed a young lad peeking through the barred basement window of the house and shouting for help! He said the owner of the building (the gunsmith himself) had kept him captive there and chained him to the bed. He begged for help and said if I didn't he would end up dead.

Of course I was going to look into this and help the poor guy out...

I headed into the gunsmith's store and aimed my Shotgun at the him. A prompt came up for questioning him and he said there was nothing in the basement. I accidentally put my shotgun away and in that moment he pulled out his weapon and shot me... dead.

I reloaded and this time went into his store with a purpose and kept my shotgun aimed at the gunsmith for good measure. He eventually cracked and opened the door to the basement and asked me to follow him downstairs. I made my way down the rickety wooden staircase and as my eyes adjusted to the sudden dark inside of the basement what I saw was pretty sickening...

A young man in a sailor suit chained to a bed in a matchbox of a place with some kid's toys (a rocking toy horse too!). He pleaded me to shoot the chain and free him but the gunsmith kept asking me not to because apparently the young man was his son (ludicrous!) and he was just punishing him this way for stealing candy!

I knew something was definitely wrong and what immediately crossed my mind was perhaps the Gunsmith was mentally ill and this entire thing was a sadistic little fantasy he had going. But I would be proved different though. I shot the chain and freed the young man. That's when the gunsmith broke and told me the real reason for holding the young lad captive...

Apparently the gunsmith had a son who he dearly loved. Took the kid out for teaching him to handle a gun one day near the riverside and that's where it all went wrong horribly. The gun that the kid was handling, the recoil of it made him lose his balance and he fell into the river and got swept away. The gunsmith couldn't do much. The river took his son and he was plunged in sadness.

The young man he kept captive apparently reminded him of his son and that's why he decided to kidnap him and keep him in his house. I even found a photo of the gunsmith and his son at a happier time in the basement, posing in front of the store. Memories from the past that got ripped from him in a quick turn of events.

I left the store. Didn't kill the Gunsmith. Didn't have the heart to. I could empathize and understand his grief and what it did to him. Holstered my gun and walked away.

It's funny how Rockstar have layered this small incident. When I first saw a helpless lad tied to a bed in chains dressed up in some weird attire my mind quickly resorted to seeing the darker side of the tale. A twisted, seedy fantasy of a deranged mind (that of the gunsmith). I was angered. I wanted to put a bullet into the gunsmith.

But story tellers at Rockstar turned that fistful of anger into something more meaningful. Because when I walked away I knew the whole story and how it was very different than what my slightly morbid mind had conjectured up.

A bullet saved. The western journey continues...

P.S. At this point I have only the final mission waiting for me on the map to complete. The mission symbol marker has been blinking in my face every time I have opened the map, beckoning me to play it. I have refused and denied myself the urge to go and see how it all ends. I don't want to end this game. Strangely enough I don't want the final piece of the puzzle to fall into place.

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

P.S. At this point I have only the final mission waiting for me on the map to complete. The mission symbol marker has been blinking in my face every time I have opened the map, beckoning me to play it. I have refused and denied myself the urge to go and see how it all ends. I don't want to end this game. Strangely enough I don't want the final piece of the puzzle to fall into place.

can relate 

Chelonianism in RDR 2:

So, back in Chapter 2 there was a mission Arthur had to complete if he chose to help Mary. The mission was called "We Loved Once and True". It involved riding up to the hilltop in Cumberland Forest and saving Mary's brother from the cult group he had joined. This cult group was called Chelonia.

Fast forward to a time in Saint Denis and while I was roving about I came across the Cult Leader for this group Anders Helgerson handing out pamphlets near a water fountain calling citizens to join his cult movement and how he would save them all. Now fast forward even more and this time past the Epilogue I found that same leader Helgerson once again handing out pamphlets encouraging people to join his cult but this time adding that a new Master has been found for the cult and he would guide us to a safe Utopia because the world was coming to an end! He wanted me to join...

Was I going to join?

Of course I was! I'm all in for a journey into utopian bliss and thus I got on my horsey and rode all the way up to the same hilltop I had visited in Chapter 2 in Cumberland Forest.

Once I reached, things took a hilarious turn:

Arrived and spotted the Chelonian clan which constituted of exactly 4 followers and Helgerson himself! Well, 4 is better than none I thought to myself! I noticed he had a huge green Turtle shell armor strapped on his chest and back. After a brief speech he asked the followers (I was a part of them now) to follow him. He proceeded to walk to the edge of the cliff...

RDR2-2019-10-20-17-05-52-413.jpg

I was nervous, very nervous at this point...

RDR2-2019-10-20-17-06-22-652.jpg

So, we followed our Leader in search for Utopian Bliss in Chelonia like lambs being led to the slaughter...

Notice how the Master is the only one sporting the huge Turtle shell armor and the rest of us had nothing!

Turtle.jpg

And then they all jumped into Bliss and I watched grown men take the leap of faith one by one...

RDR2-2019-10-20-17-06-36-317.jpg

There was no going back now! I was too far gone. My head was taken over by some greater power. I could hearing the calling. Utopian Bliss awaited me, I knew this is what I was meant to do and experience... so I jumped after the lambs before me...

RDR2-2019-10-20-17-06-46-796.jpg

(As you can see John even shouts "Chelonia" as he leaps off the cliff... but then where's the Utopia beneath him!!)

Utopia Access Denied. This is what I saw next...

RDR2-2019-10-20-17-06-56-330.jpg

Red Dead Alright. :fear1:

And no, the Turtle Shell armor didn't do jack for the Master. He was pasted on the ground below as well. So much for Chelonianism. :clapping:

Edited by Black_Hawk
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3