Jump to content
Big Boss

Red Dead Redemption 2

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

 

Yea, Gold rush and another trophy called Grin and Bear which you have to survive 18 bear attacks and survive. That one is grindy as well, but fortunately I've achieved that trophy but it took quite some time. 

 

But those singleplayer achievements are even achievable but the online ones are impossible as it barely works. Though, I have heard a solution to run RDR2 online smoothly, you have to connect not through your broadband but via mobile data. My steam friend who's from india player over 50 hours of RDR2 online. If it works I'll be able to get all the achievements. 

 

Okay...

I can understand getting the Bear Trophy, despite being grindy. But getting 70 gold missions for Gold Rush, thats not just grindy, thats insane. I hardly have 5-6 gold missions, because I played it just to enjoy it, not to go for the trophy. Still, its not gonna be easy getting Gold Rush.

 

If you do manage to get the online trophies using data, do let me know. It would be really cool if someone got the Plat on this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gold Rush is same as GTA V trophy where you need to get 70 gold medals. The medal depends on how many of the optional objectives you managed to complete while doing the mission. There are a total of 104 story missions, so you can skip 34. Just pick easy chapters first. Around 55 of them are super easy. 

 

It is there to add some kind of replay value. Less than 2% have the platinum. Worth grinding if you are into trophy business. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Gold Rush is same as GTA V trophy where you need to get 70 gold medals. The medal depends on how many of the optional objectives you managed to complete while doing the mission. There are a total of 104 story missions, so you can skip 34. Just pick easy chapters first. Around 55 of them are super easy. 

 

It is there to add some kind of replay value. Less than 2% have the platinum. Worth grinding if you are into trophy business. 

 

I'm not into the trophies usually, just really enjoyed RDR2. But I had a glance at the optional objectives and they're like:

  • Headshot every enemy gang member.
  • Reach waypoint under 50 seconds.
  • Kill everybody at enemy hideout undetected.

Sure, this adds replay value, but I'd just enjoy the story in my replay. Getting the Gold Rush achievement will take me weeks, with intense grinding even if you skip 34 difficult missions.

 

But yes, considering less 2% have it, having that trophy would be pretty cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I'm not into the trophies usually, just really enjoyed RDR2. But I had a glance at the optional objectives and they're like:

 

Worst part is you need to do ALL objectives in a single run to get gold medal unlike GTA where you didn't had to do in single run which was much comfy and welcoming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

 

Worst part is you need to do ALL objectives in a single run to get gold medal unlike GTA where you didn't had to do in single run which was much comfy and welcoming. 

 

Yeah, this one trophy by itself makes the platinum for RDR2 exceptionally hard. I would've considered collecting the perfect animal pelts, and finding all the treasure maps and what not, but this trophy will stop me so I'm not gonna bother.  I got most of the fairly easy trophies on my first playthrough anyway.

 

I will however, go for a replay sometime soon for the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

 

Yeah, this one trophy by itself makes the platinum for RDR2 exceptionally hard. I would've considered collecting the perfect animal pelts, and finding all the treasure maps and what not, but this trophy will stop me so I'm not gonna bother.  I got most of the fairly easy trophies on my first playthrough anyway.

 

I will however, go for a replay sometime soon for the story.

 

What I do is I try to replay the same quest I've just completed, at first the objectives for gold dosen't show up but only after you've completed a mission. So i try 2 to 3 times if I'm able to get the gold for that mission, if they're complicated for me, I'll skip. So that way the grind won't get severe afterwards. 

 

With the online achievements are now doable I'm excited to jump in, again! After I've completed RE3 remake. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

 

Okay...

I can understand getting the Bear Trophy, despite being grindy. But getting 70 gold missions for Gold Rush, thats not just grindy, thats insane. I hardly have 5-6 gold missions, because I played it just to enjoy it, not to go for the trophy. Still, its not gonna be easy getting Gold Rush.

 

If you do manage to get the online trophies using data, do let me know. It would be really cool if someone got the Plat on this

Back when I got the Plat last year, I used this playlist to get the required gold medals. Helped me a lot to knock out that trophy.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, Chirag2001 said:

I'll check out the vid. How difficult was it? Going for the Gold Rush trophy?

It was not much difficult as I went mostly for easy and medium difficulty missions. Also this list helped a lot https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/67449-easiest-70-gold-medals/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2020 at 8:06 PM, Chirag2001 said:

If you do manage to get the online trophies using data, do let me know. It would be really cool if someone got the Plat on this

 

Fortunately, this sh*t works.. had some online rounds with the same friend i mentioned about. I got some of the online achievements too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Heaven Angel said:

 

Fortunately, this sh*t works.. had some online rounds with the same friend i mentioned about. I got some of the online achievements too. 

 

Ohh thats neat dude, I'll try that hack myself if I play RDR Online

 

Anyway is the online mode fun? I guess its similar to GTA5 in essence, but I haven't played GTA online either, I've spent so much time with the story mode and free roam, I never bothered to try the online mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

 

Ohh thats neat dude, I'll try that hack myself if I play RDR Online

 

Anyway is the online mode fun? I guess its similar to GTA5 in essence, but I haven't played GTA online either, I've spent so much time with the story mode and free roam, I never bothered to try the online mode. 

It's good if you play with group, just like every multiplayer game. It's open world, side quests, all types of matches. Not as good as GTA V tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ram Dante said:

Red Dead Redemption 2 being added to xbox game pass from May.

Link: https://www.theverge.com/2020/4/23/21232543/red-dead-redemption-2-xbox-game-pass-subscription-gta-5

 

Whats the cheapest way to get Xbox gamepass for PC?

 

RDR2 is being added for console only, not PC. 

 

As for getting Gamepass for PC, check the official GamePass and XCloud thread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 3:53 PM, Chirag2001 said:

@Mr.Copyright© Holy sh*t dude thats a lot of platinum trophies. Pretty neat. 

Pretty cool if you got the Plat for RDR2 man :) 

 

I'll check out the vid. How difficult was it? Going for the Gold Rush trophy?

Copyright is a certified trophy wh*re :P.  He helped me with lot of achievements and trophies back in the day but then i gave up going after platinum trophies lol

 

 

Pretty sure he has most numbers of platinum in India :fear1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, WhiteWolf said:

Copyright is a certified trophy wh*re :P.  He helped me with lot of achievements and trophies back in the day but then i gave up going after platinum trophies lol

 

Yep difficult job. I'd only go for the Platinum if its not too much hassle and I genuinely enjoyed the game.

 

But good stuff man, that RDR2 plat is pretty crazy haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...