Red Dead Redemption II

Big Boss

13 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

One thing thats annyoing me slightly is information overload. Every 10 seconds there is tooltip about something or the other. And a lot of time there is new info shown in the left top corner, bottom left corner and bottom right corner. All at the same time--- which is annoying because its like... oh no stop the game  i have to read all this quick.. 

Just enjoy the game, you figure it all out slowly. Would recommend creating saves once or twice in every chapter. Some things get locked as you progress in the story. 

4 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

So started playing this yesterday. Love how absolutely drop dead gorgeous it is.

I am using Hardware Unboxed optimization guide and getting a smooth 60fps @ 1080p with my RTX 2060 Super

The best open world game in recent years. SETS benchmark very high for upcoming games. Games which released afterwards RDR2 still cant cope up with the sheer beauty of this game. Excellent in every field (Graphics, Narration, Lead-Quest, Detailing, Dialogues, Characters, Soundtrack, Environment, Encounters with strangers etc...). You might find the starting bit slow because the game offers alot of things to understand and how things work. But after chapter 2; the game picks up the pace. Also Arthur Morgan is the best protagonist for me. played almost all of the AAA Games from 2018 till now. Still no match up for Arthur Morgan.

True. The characters set this apart. It's like an excellent cinematic experience.

Like even minor characters like Karen, who's always drunk and bitchy, or Strauss who's cut-throat with his money, the game does a really good job of flushing out these characters.

The only character who seems inconsistent is Dutch, but that word itself defines his character. The memes give him character.

All we need is RDR1.5 "Tahiti" and we're all set.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

OK Questions:

1. How do you make money in this game? From what I've seen only story missions and bounties give you decent amounts of money. Anything outside that? Espeically for someone who's still in act 1 (?).

2. There are upgrades which require me to get hides and carcass and stuff. How do I track this? Pearson has a menu list I can see but what if I'm in the wild and I want to check that list? I would like to check the list to know whether to bring something to Pearson or sell it off.

3. There's only a Javier misison remaining for me on my screen. But everytime I step into Blackwater, I'm hunted down and killed almost immediately. Do I need to pay off my bounty or find another way in or something? 

Man, I just frikkin love how natural small events feel.

(minor spoilers but tagging it anway) 

Spoiler

About a week ago I had saved some dude on the side of a road from a snake bite. Gave him medicine. During yesterdays session, I saw him in Valentine in front of the gun shop. He told me to get any gun and he'll pay for it. So I bought the costliest one that was unlocked, the Springfield Rifile or something :D 

Another thing that happened is that after you rescue Sean, the next time I entered camp they having a party complete with drinks and singing around the campfire and all. Arthur can also take part in the drinking, singing and dancing. And when its over the party just disspirates. No cutscene to start or end the party. 

In any other game, stuff like this would have been in a cutscene. But here its made to feel natural and part of the world. :majesty:

Edited by dylanjosh

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Hide contents

About a week ago I had saved some dude on the side of a road from a snake bite. Gave him medicine. During yesterdays session, I saw him in Valentine in front of the gun shop. He told me to get any gun and he'll pay for it. So I bought the costliest one that was unlocked, the Springfield Rifile or something :D 

Another thing that happened is that after you rescue Sean, the next time I entered camp they having a party complete with drinks and singing around the campfire and all. Arthur can also take part in the drinking, singing and dancing. And when its over the party just disspirates. No cutscene to start or end the party. 

In any other game, stuff like this would have been in a cutscene. But here its made to feel natural and part of the world. :majesty:

RDR 2, for me, is near about perfection. Met every expectation I had from it.

8 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Reveal hidden contents

Same. I just love how this game is. Only rdr3 can beat rdr2. :| no game till now comes close to it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Reveal hidden contents

Those small time events/interactions feel so organic and cohesive to the overall narrative/gameplay experience. 

Saved that guy once more I think. He bought me clothes next time iirc. 
Yep, there are a few ways to do it.
He can take you to buy clothes in Saint Denis or the arms shop back in Rhodes.

OK Questions:

1. How do you make money in this game? From what I've seen only story missions and bounties give you decent amounts of money. Anything outside that? Espeically for someone who's still in act 1 (?).

2. There are upgrades which require me to get hides and carcass and stuff. How do I track this? Pearson has a menu list I can see but what if I'm in the wild and I want to check that list? I would like to check the list to know whether to bring something to Pearson or sell it off.

3. There's only a Javier misison remaining for me on my screen. But everytime I step into Blackwater, I'm hunted down and killed almost immediately. Do I need to pay off my bounty or find another way in or something? 
Yes, there are better ways for money. Find the gold bars. They're each 500. There's one in the abandoned house in Limpany, right next door to Camp #2. See MrWhoseTheBoss YouTube channel for all the location, makes the earlier chapters a breeze so that you can commit crimes and pay off the bounty later.
Buy good gear, unlock camp upgrades and fast travel by donating some of that to the tithing box.

For the Javier mission, go from the water. Go as far south as you can, and then go back up from there. You'll still meet a couple of thugs, but easily taken care of.

And carry Horse Revivers. At all times. You do not wanna kill your beautiful white horse.

Thanks man.

I actually managed the javier mission by being extra careful (and lucky).

I've now shifted camp to the riverside and already got one of those gold bars in the story mission. Will look out for more. 

I'm actually enjoying the hunting part of the game, the only irritation is the same I mentioned before - there's no way to track what Peason needs for crafting outside in the Wilderness. I might have to make a physical list. 

I do have one question - when I see the stats for a horse or for a gun -- the stat bar will be a mix of white and gray.

Obviously, white means current level and gray means potential level. So how do I max out the potential?  

Also wow, fishing sucks a*s.